Ancient Power/Onslaught Questions

How does ancient power work? Something about resetting your levels and Onslaught floors? I watched a video by MrJuicebags and still don't quite get it. I'm doing Chaos 4/5 content at the moment, I think my ascension level is around 80. When should I start doing Onslaught and when/how does resetting ascension levels work exactly?

I'm in your boat as well. I recently hit c7 and still can't use ancient power. Basically you trade off your gear, Ascension points and shards for permanent returns, better Ascension trees, and a minimum Ascension level(we're talking being able to earn like double exp and gold the more you reset). You should not worry about this yet. It becomes available at a minimum of 250 Ascension points and onslaught floor 60 I think? But your returned Ascension points would be maybe 20 or 60... I'm not even sure just not worth it. Anyways if you're familiar with juicebags he has a whole video about when to do the first reset which explains pretty much all you need to know. In short don't do a first reset until you retain a minimum of 210 Ascension points. Only reset if you don't mind pretty much hard resetting and you plan on playing a lot. And you can check the amount of Ascension levels you'll keep at the ancient power on the back left part of town. 

Don´t reset untill you are at least over 2K in ascension, or else your new minimum ascension threshold will be annoyingly low.

i wouldnt suggest a specific ascension level to aim before resetting (and 2k is really high i would say) ...

look at your MIN ASC LEVEL .... thats all that counts ....

200+ min ascension level is ok to start with ... should be around floor 114-120+... but best is go as high as possible ... floor 150+... 200+... ^^

Once you pass floor 65 and assension 250, go to the green guy in town, and you can prestige if you wish.. everything will be reset and you will gain one point of ancient power. 1 point everytime you prestige. 

So I have a decent understanding of minimum ascension level now, but how does talent point cap work? Is that based off floors/your current ascension level or do you get a fixed increase each time you Ancient Power reset?

@Ajido quote:

So I have a decent understanding of minimum ascension level now, but how does talent point cap work? Is that based off floors/your current ascension level or do you get a fixed increase each time you Ancient Power reset?

You'll get one talent cap every 50 asc points and each floor past 65. 

Honestly, unless you are averaging well more than 10 hours a week playtime; I'd suggest to avoiding the AP system entirely. There is more than enough stuff to do to keep you busy until the next update comes out.

Ancient power pretty much throws away 90% of the progress you've made previously for the sake of what amounts to one point in a system that works similar to ascension points. And for all we know, a year from now you'll be resetting AP for the sake of a point in some new system. Just avoid AP unless they stop it from resetting all of your gear and upgrades.

@Tolkmit quote:

Honestly, unless you are averaging well more than 10 hours a week playtime; I'd suggest to avoiding the AP system entirely. There is more than enough stuff to do to keep you busy until the next update comes out.

Ancient power pretty much throws away 90% of the progress you've made previously for the sake of what amounts to one point in a system that works similar to ascension points. And for all we know, a year from now you'll be resetting AP for the sake of a point in some new system. Just avoid AP unless they stop it from resetting all of your gear and upgrades.

well said