Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Explain the logic you get zero medals

if you do a lower floor than your current max in onslaught.

So you see a game in onslaught saying "help needed" and you pop along and help out and get to the end and zero medals.

Seems just another factor discouraging multiplayer gaming in this mode.

What fixes are needed in this mode?

In DD1 you could join almost all the way up to the last wave in Survival, then again you could see ALL joinable games in the game browser, amazing you still can't do that in DD2.

"Etheria is under attack! Build mighty defenses to freeze, burn and disintegrate your foes, then grab a sword and jump into the action! Level up a team of heroes, deck them out in loot, and destroy the hordes by yourself or in four player online co-op! "

Yeah but add you'll make it so hard or unrewarding to actually play co-op

good question and in the inspiration of not assuming we should allow someone to answer this from trendy.

as far as fixing it.... thats another good question. im not a developer, im a investor.

@Fozzie quote:

if you do a lower floor than your current max in onslaught.

So you see a game in onslaught saying "help needed" and you pop along and help out and get to the end and zero medals.

Seems just another factor discouraging multiplayer gaming in this mode.

What fixes are needed in this mode?

In DD1 you could join almost all the way up to the last wave in Survival, then again you could see ALL joinable games in the game browser, amazing you still can't do that in DD2.

"Etheria is under attack! Build mighty defenses to freeze, burn and disintegrate your foes, then grab a sword and jump into the action! Level up a team of heroes, deck them out in loot, and destroy the hordes by yourself or in four player online co-op! "

Yeah but add you'll make it so hard or unrewarding to actually play co-op

The majority of the things you've listed here are things we've specifically already addressed that we're currently working on in our Check-In. There's no need for the condescending tone, especially when we have actively increased communication and outlined exactly what we're doing.

"Explain the logic" and then speaking down hardly warrants a response. People work very hard to produce this game for you, the players, so when wanting to start a dialogue, treating the other party negatively out the gate does not bode well.

The increased comms is a huge step in the right direction.

A benefit for playing together would be another, more loot, better chance of better drops

Hopefully the Onslaught fixes that Elandrian has cryptically eluded to will be good.

But seriously still no game browser with all open games in all modes isn't here, just look at DD1 and you'll wonder why the game browser didn't get ported across. You could see all game modes, filter out the ones you didn't want and you could see all shops.

There may be limitations that Playverse brings that I don't know about, but just say and I'll stop bring it up.

I know you guys\gals work hard, I see it in the work that is done.

You just need to work on your mathematics and that holy grail of making multiplayer games easy to find and rewarding.

@LAWLTA quote:

"Explain the logic" and then speaking down hardly warrants a response. People work very hard to produce this game for you, the players, so when wanting to start a dialogue, treating the other party negatively out the gate does not bode well.

the state of free to play games all have a function in them called "Diminishing Returns"  said games are not doing so well. 

if you truly believe peoples hard work is to be rewarded then take "diminishing returns" out of the game. 

"success breeds success".    players playing together should be reward!

as a representative of trendy you truly have access to more information then anyone else on the forums. "knowledge is power". never dismiss the chance to use your public forum to teach someone. judging a question is better left to the thought police.

in that post lawlta it is said year 2. this has been a ongoing thing for yearzzzzz. i have been posting about this historically since 2015. and talking with the community about it since 2014. on youtube on streams. so with all the hard work you refer to are these giant problems actually going to be fixed this time? on 6 month development cycles there has been ample time to fix some of these glaring issues. 8 full development cycles, 8. 

as a leading authority on thought policing i think the question was ample warranted /end sarcasm. 

i hope you don't take all forum posts too seriously, this is the only place we as players get to vent our frustrations. i sincerely hope you don't get the idea that we're not appreciative for you guys providing this game

we love it so much that we feel VERY strongly about it. sometimes that comes off as negative because we feel DD2 is right on the precipice of being a great game it just lacks certain common-sense features and functionality that would push it right into success

the buyback thing is HUGE as one of these things. selling items is another (although the mechanism is very clunky)

thank you for all you do, please do take our feedback with large grains of salt

@GetYourWetWipes quote:

as a representative of trendy you truly have access to more information then anyone else on the forums. "knowledge is power". never dismiss the chance to use your public forum to teach someone. judging a question is better left to the thought police.

Keep in mind, that the devs are also not allowed to release info prematurely. You can take it to the Bird Overlords.  (Check twitter if you think I'm talking rubbish, but you're most likely not going to bother.) 

Secondly, currently more info is being released. It's better than nothing. Before 2018 we never had check-ins. And I think we never had any dev logs for nearly a year at 2017.

@GetYourWetWipes quote:

in that post lawlta it is said year 2. this has been a ongoing thing for yearzzzzz.

What? Year two as in from since Launch/game release. You're confusing it with Early Access.

@GetYourWetWipes quote:

as far as fixing it.... thats another good question. im not a developer, im a investor.

Like buying game developer companies stock? A venture capitalist? If not those, how is that an investment?

@ram1024 quote:

i hope you don't take all forum posts too seriously, this is the only place we as players get to vent our frustrations. 

Not entirely true. We also have
Discord

Twitter
Facebook
 Back to topic at hand... I , too, would enjoy more rewards/better chance at better loot/mods/mats, etc. in multiplayer. The Enemies have +25% more HP per player added, but no increased reward. Hopefully we see this realized this year.

Maybe also some way to communicate in game with PS4 other than voice? Please and thank you.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@GetYourWetWipes quote:

Keep in mind, that the devs are also not allowed to release info prematurely. You can take it to the Bird Overlords.  (Check twitter if you think I'm talking rubbish, but you're most likely not going to bother.) 

Secondly, currently more info is being released. It's better than nothing. Before 2018 we never had check-ins. And I think we never had any dev logs for nearly a year at 2017.

@GetYourWetWipes quote:

in that post lawlta it is said year 2. this has been a ongoing thing for yearzzzzz.

What? Year two as in from since Launch/game release. You're confusing it with Early Access.

@GetYourWetWipes quote:

Like buying game developer companies stock? A venture capitalist? If not those, how is that an investment?

...it has been years. "YEAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS."!!!!!!

if you didnt flush your toilet for 8 development cycles someone would come to your house and take away your rights as a human.  

so first second and third of all "knock it off" this crap has to go" diminishing returns" is one of the most horrific things in video games.