Sign in to follow this  
War_MachineXL

Cross platform progression

This really needs to happen. I play on PS4 and PC but having to buy heros/costumes on both prevents me from buying anything on either platform. 

You need to look at the success of other free to play games like the popular Fortnite. They would of been just another Battleroyale game but cross play and cross progression really helped them out. People can play where they want when they want.

This feature is certainly nice to have but from a developers stand point it just doesn't seem feasable to me. The reason Epic and other companies are able to support cross platform is because they hit the right market at the right team with grade A developers and a GOAL to achieve cross platform.  

We have the humbling trendy entertainment company which doesn't get naerly as much support as the big dogs, in turn they have to spend more resources in maintaining a current state of the game rather than focus on implementing a quality of life change that is not on their agenda. Just because others are doing it doesn't mean it's easy and from a developers stand point that is a project that takes time and requires making hundreds if not thousands of decisions before even beginning to implement code to allow this. All in all trendy is very verbal about this feature not being added. It's better to play around it than to wishfully think that it will someday come because it most likely won't. It's easy to point and say "hey that's cool, I want it in this game" but it's not so easy to make happen. 

Almost all the decision for cross platform is on the platform not the game. Even the mighty Fortnite is only cross from console to pc not console to console. You won't find the big 3 playing nice with each other unless it makes them all a lot of money.

Cross platform progression would be awesome and I would enjoy being able to play on both platforms! I hope this is something we will see in the near future.

@War_MachineXL quote:

You need to look at the success of other free to play games like the popular Fortnite. They would of been just another Battleroyale game but cross play and cross progression really helped them out. People can play where they want when they want.

It'd be very misguided to assume we have not.

There are a lot of pieces to this that we WANT to do, but currently there are gray areas about not being able to. One instance is how we have our accounts setup through our proprietary systems. There's no great way to validate "hey this is my account on xbox, and I want it copied to my Steam account" currently. There are options we have investigated, but things such as GDRP in EU have made things somewhat more difficult to gain any traction on this.

Currently we do not have any plans to create this because of the potentially impossible hurdles that prevent us from doing so. We continue to investigate the possibility, but right now we cannot.

I don't want progression I want cross platform play and I don't understand why you haven't done it yet because it will help out all community's by having a bigger pool of players to play and trade with

@rdeal quote:

I don't want progression I want cross platform play and I don't understand why you haven't done it yet

Because online gameplay and cross platform connectivity is a VERY complex goal and we're a small team, it's not just a switch that is flipped or a setting that is selected.

@CaramelCutie quote:

Cross platform progression would be awesome and I would enjoy being able to play on both platforms! I hope this is something we will see in the near future.

Would definitely be nice! However I doubt it will be in the near future due to devs being a small team, large hurdles and stuffs.

But, when it comes.....I assure you, especially with Xbox One, it will fulfill [[18530,users]] 's dream of getting his hands on a SHARK PET!

It is kinda hard for cross platform with Trendy being a small developer. I don't feel like I am missing out. I can play when I want where I want and I have the same heroes all C7 gear. Bragging rights I don't have and I don't need. I just enjoy the game.

@uzar quote:

Almost all the decision for cross platform is on the platform not the game. Even the mighty Fortnite is only cross from console to pc not console to console. You won't find the big 3 playing nice with each other unless it makes them all a lot of money.

This is not entirely true Both Microsoft and Nintendo have expressed great interest in playing nice with each other the only on the isn't playing nice is Sony. Currently Minecraft, Fortnite, Paladins, and Rocket League all do crossplay between Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

@LAWLTA quote:

@War_MachineXL quote:

It'd be very misguided to assume we have not.

There are a lot of pieces to this that we WANT to do, but currently there are gray areas about not being able to. One instance is how we have our accounts setup through our proprietary systems. There's no great way to validate "hey this is my account on xbox, and I want it copied to my Steam account" currently. There are options we have investigated, but things such as GDRP in EU have made things somewhat more difficult to gain any traction on this.

Currently we do not have any plans to create this because of the potentially impossible hurdles that prevent us from doing so. We continue to investigate the possibility, but right now we cannot.

It makes me happy knowing that this is something you guys keep a eye on. While I continue to hope this is something we eventually see i have been a big supporter since day one of pre-alpha on steam and understand that you guys are a small team and the current hurdles in place are to big to overcome at the moment, you guys are doing great work, keep it up

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:
@CaramelCutie quote:

Would definitely be nice! However I doubt it will be in the near future due to devs being a small team, large hurdles and stuffs.

But, when it comes.....I assure you, especially with Xbox One, it will fulfill Jaws_420 's dream of getting his hands on a SHARK PET!

SHARK PET!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! Some day.... Man i'd love to buy one of those on the market. Someone would make some coin off of me, ha ha ha.