Sign in to follow this  
Primo_114

Sky Guard mods?

What are good mods to use for sky guard? Also is it ranged or melee? on floor 71 last night, the meledonis map, I noticed the flying kolbolds I think they are, would bubble up and nothing could hurt them. The only way I found to kill them was Mage’s mana bomb. They would float really slowly into the crystal and not hurt it.

Rangesplosion and Range damage are my picks, with the mutator for airborne with their own anti projectile shields that's just unlucky. You could put a piercer mod on just for them but chances are you may not see it for ages. I think I put rate on mine. Not saying its optimal just what I use.

Thanks. So the flyers are considered range then? Or is range damage for range defenses. I will try those. Probably wouldn’t hurt to put a health mod in it? I’m having to put up 2 backups, I hate kamakazies. 

I’m glad the bubbled up kobolds I encountered aren’t a sign of what’s to come, and I just had a bad roll. I did not like those. 

the dragons and bees/bugs are ranged enemies. i have the ranged explosion mod on my SGT since i tank EMP flyers with obelisk towers. i have 4 mystics from my mastery days and I have the extra DU so figure why not. I am thinking about tenacity on my obelisk towers so the stun doesn't last as long . 

Tenacity, range, power. My first 3 choices. Anti chaos will help crush emp flyers and any lady orcs tossed into the air if ur using mystic walls, geyser traps etc or if u dps as monk or wiz u can toss mobs up for skyguards to finish off.

@direnels quote:

the dragons and bees/bugs are ranged enemies. i have the ranged explosion mod on my SGT since i tank EMP flyers with obelisk towers. i have 4 mystics from my mastery days and I have the extra DU so figure why not. I am thinking about tenacity on my obelisk towers so the stun doesn't last as long . 

Thinking about ... First tenacity i found went on my obelisk. Works fantastic as emp bate.

IMO for SGT MODs - i would use Ranged Damage, Def Rate, and the third is up to you. Ranged Explosion, Def Range, and Crowd Control are all useful options to me. Def Power is also a good bet. 

@direnels quote:

Are you using the obelisk tower right next to the SGT for added health? I’ve heard of people doing that, what shards and mods do you need in the obleisk? And how it is bait for emp flyers?

I really like the Crowd control module on my SGT because the initial slow will give the damage boost and I happen to have a green crow control mod.

As long as obelisk is the first thing they see they slam into them. Put a totem on them and they get tons of health and can live through multiple impacts. They take the hits so ur towers don't.

@Primo_114 quote:

@direnels quote:

Are you using the obelisk tower right next to the SGT for added health? I’ve heard of people doing that, what shards and mods do you need in the obleisk? And how it is bait for emp flyers?

@Primo_114 quote:

SGT and the Obelisk are both classified as Towers, to which the EMPs will aggro. If you place a Obelisk between the spawn point and your SGT, it will hit that instead of your SGT. You need to have enough distance so that the AOE explosion on the Obelisk will not hurt anything else - so do not place next it directly next to anything else. In term's of outfitting it - if using this Obelisk as bait, put all points into health, as it has properties of a Barricade and can gain high health stats. 

@Primo_114 quote:

@direnels quote:

no i use them to protect my SGT and other towers that might be in a lane. the EMP flyers smash into the first tower in their range ( what Jaws just said ^ :P ) . i put a totem on them with vampiric empowerment , fort and obelisk shield shards.  they do a surprising amount of smite damage . i have range explode mod , a 1 bar rate mod and a 4 bar range mod on my SGTs .

A 1 bar rate  mod with a defense rate shard maxes out the rate of every defense i have tried it in except the flame throwers. i wanna say they are at .22 right now and not maxed. maybe not the best set up but if it gives you more DPS its a win till you find a better mod. I have to laugh every time someone says a gilded rate shard maxes out a defense . over 2k hours and i still dont have enough defense rate and destruction shards to consider gilding one ( i like to use a wide range of defenses ). probably around 300 hours farming c4 for power transfer shards and now all i got is a pile of poop hehehe. i love the updates though :)

I use def rate, def range, and controller. I am very happy with their performance. I can usually get a single SGT to handle multiple flier lanes. 

@024noi quote:

As long as obelisk is the first thing they see they slam into them. Put a totem on them and they get tons of health and can live through multiple impacts. They take the hits so ur towers don't.

@Primo_114 quote:

@direnels quote:

I’m going to do that thanks!

@Jaws_420 quote:
@Primo_114 quote:

SGT and the Obelisk are both classified as Towers, to which the EMPs will aggro. If you place a Obelisk between the spawn point and your SGT, it will hit that instead of your SGT. You need to have enough distance so that the AOE explosion on the Obelisk will not hurt anything else - so do not place next it directly next to anything else. In term's of outfitting it - if using this Obelisk as bait, put all points into health, as it has properties of a Barricade and can gain high health stats. 

Perfect thanks! 

@ViR-GiN-iA quote:

I really like the Crowd control module on my SGT because the initial slow will give the damage boost and I happen to have a green crow control mod.

Same here. Controller Servo all the way.