Sign in to follow this  
Bogdanov89

Towers shoot below Goblin Copters instead of at them?

Thank you Community Development fellas for working on the Dungeon Defenders so much :)

A pretty annoying bug i have consistently encountered on Survival MistryMire (nightmare):

My Magic Missile and Deadly Striker towers will shoot in a horizontal line (ground level) at Goblin Copters instead of actually shooting at the Copter itself.

This means that 99.9% of my tower shots are completely wasted versus Copters since they are shooting at empty space at ground level below the Copters.

And since the Copters can usually approach unharmed they drop their ogres right on top of my precious towers :(

Actually the only time my Towers accidentally hit the Copter is when he (ironically) fires his flare, which actually makes my Magic Missile towers correctly aim upwards and fire at the flare - with some of the Missiles accidentally hitting the Copter itself.

Frankly i do not know is this issue present only on Mistymire or also on all other maps, but it is a huge issue when trying to play the Apprentice (perhaps it also affects Squire towers?).

Please look into it and fix this nasty bug.

Frankly i am surprised not more people have commented or encountered this issue.

I play on local (my pc) so the lag can't be the problem, but i encounter this issue vs Goblin Copters on practically any nightmare map that spawns them.

@Plane quote:

It actually is the flares they're shooting at. 

Actually the towers shoot at the flares properly!

But when there are no flares the towers just shoot in a straight line horizontal to the ground.