Sign in to follow this  
metalpower

Upcoming Change about how Onslaught floor will be

Hi guys,

Some days ago, I saw Lawlta say that devs were looking for changing the number of what we will have to do to finish a floor.

At the moment, each floor above 60 need 3 maps to finish 1 floor.

So my question is simple:

If i have beaten 150 floor, when you'll change the system floor, will i have beaten more floor ?
For example, if you change it to 1 map per floor from start without counting the floor where we had to do 2 maps to beat one floor, but counting from floor 60.
Basic math would be:

150 - 60 = 90 floors

Then with new system:

90  x  3 = 270 floors

270 + 60 = 330 floors

That would mean i would be floor 330 floor right ?

I think it would be nice to have this taking count for all the players who have played your onslaught the way it is now.

Hope you're really considering it, and won't only think about new players.

That would really depressed me if it s not the case, i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one thinking that way.

Cheers guys.

You can exactly adapt the current 3 map floor system to a 1 map floor system. There are some virtues to keeping it the same (namely, everyone is familiar with it). 

They said they think, (and I agree) there's an issue with difficulty scaling between onslaught floors. It is way too slow. There are 2 solutions to that. Either you increase difficulty, but now 150 (270 in new system) is a totally different part of the progression. Alternatively, you could unlock more than 1 level if you do "well." 

Seems good. It is pain to play 3 map for 1 floor but ascension point reward for exchange to that seems cool.

I also wonder same. What we will lose or  what we will gain from that?

Should we reset before patch to not lose our current ascension point progress or not???

Cheers

@BeerGoggles quote:

You can exactly adapt the current 3 map floor system to a 1 map floor system. There are some virtues to keeping it the same (namely, everyone is familiar with it). 

They said they think, (and I agree) there's an issue with difficulty scaling between onslaught floors. It is way too slow. There are 2 solutions to that. Either you increase difficulty, but now 150 (270 in new system) is a totally different part of the progression. Alternatively, you could unlock more than 1 level if you do "well." 

Well, i'm not arguing with the difficulty scaling between onslaught floors.
This thread isn't about this.
If the dev's are going to lower the number of the maps we should od, they should at the very least reward people for having playing there mod and not putting at same lvl as other people who would not have and just waited that 1 map = 1 floor.

it would be very rude to do that toward  core players of DD2...
I really hope they have this in mind.
I've played a lot of hours with friends to achieve this even before the MOD patch, i would be way higher if i haven't work to attend to.

Cheers.

Anothet mention is rewards in onslaught. So if they decided to add more rewards and changes to how we progress in floors maybe worth resetting floors.

@Martin Arcainess quote:

Anothet mention is rewards in onslaught. So if they decided to add more rewards and changes to how we progress in floors maybe worth resetting floors.

Resetting floors is way too radical and I can't think of a change to Onslaught that would require it. I absolutely support the idea of having 1 map per floor, but we also deserve a proper compensation for the hours spent in achieving our current floor. In my opinion giving us the floor we would have been if all floors were with 1 map seems like a very good solution that also makes sense.

my two main concerns with the onslaught  update is firstly  how ascension reset  system would work after these changes are incorporated ie the offered ascension for X floors achieved and how baldy will those with the intent of reset late by gathering these floors for better ascension reset will get messed over (IF).

Secondly i may of missed this but i saw nothing regarding gating in onslaught as this is a fundamental problem which is diving the community 

Here's an easy fix...

Make a save state after EVERY MAP.

Every time you beat a floor, the game saves it and you can start on the next floor. Just make it so every map you beat, it saves that. So if you beat floor 60 map 2, then next time you have access to floor 60 map 3!

EASY!!!

@raiden7447 quote:

Here's an easy fix...

Every time you beat a floor, the game saves it and you can start on the next floor. Just make it so every map you beat, it saves that. So if you beat floor 60 map 2, then next time you have access to floor 60 map 3!

EASY!!!

Trendy isn t going to do that, i don't think they can do this or it will be a nightmare for cooperative gameplay.

Get the AP fixed and the final decision on  Onslaught instilled so I can re-install this game and experience it as intended, and then set another record.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Get the AP fixed and the final decision on  Onslaught instilled so I can re-install this game and experience it as intended, and then set another record.

Technically speaking, Onslaught was always intended as it was in each form it has had. Also lul what record do you believe you have even set, I searched Guinness World Records and there are none recorded for DD2 :P

Excellent observation, the guiness....hitting floor 200 without prestiging. One or two others did it. When Trendy finishes all of the final touches, six months/a year, doesn't matter, I'll yet again do some other massive trial/beastly feat that only one or two others have done

@raiden7447 quote:

Here's an easy fix...

EASY!!!

That won't cut it. It'll just make multi-playing gating worse and it won't fix the tediousness aspect of it.

First things first, this kind of idea and questions is from people with no ambitions in life that even in an online game, they want everything easy.

@metalpower quote:

Hi guys,

Some days ago, I saw Lawlta say that devs were looking for changing the number of what we will have to do to finish a floor.

If i have beaten 150 floor, when you'll change the system floor, will i have beaten more floor ?
For example, if you change it to 1 map per floor from start without counting the floor where we had to do 2 maps to beat one floor, but counting from floor 60.
Basic math would be:

150 - 60 = 90 floors

Then with new system:

90  x  3 = 270 floors

270 + 60 = 330 floors

I think it would be nice to have this taking count for all the players who have played your onslaught the way it is now.

That would really depressed me if it s not the case, i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one thinking that way.

Cheers guys.

@Laurella quote:

First things first, this kind of idea and questions is from people with no ambitions in life that even in an online game, they want everything easy.

@metalpower quote:

Hi guys,

Basic math would be:

150 - 60 = 90 floors

Then with new system:

90  x  3 = 270 floors

270 + 60 = 330 floors

Cheers guys.

You're kidding right?

How many hours of play do you have in this game  ?

How can you permit to talk to me like that?

I love challenge.
In all your posts you're always showing off and say game is easy, nerf, this, nerf that.
Here isn't about this.
So i suggest you make your own post and keep showing off there instead of pollute others topics...

@metalpower quote:

Hi guys,

Basic math would be:

150 - 60 = 90 floors

Then with new system:

90  x  3 = 270 floors

270 + 60 = 330 floors

Sorry to break this but.....I think there is a big difference between "Maps" and "Floors". You're already on a particular floor and it will stay the same since the changes would just tackles on the amount of required map to advance to the next floor. Which means, if I'm not clear, that once the change is out, it'll just affect the next floor that you're climbing.

Just my guess though.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@metalpower quote:

Hi guys,

Basic math would be:

150 - 60 = 90 floors

Then with new system:

90  x  3 = 270 floors

270 + 60 = 330 floors

Sorry to break this but.....I think there is a big difference between "Maps" and "Floors". You're already on a particular floor and it will stay the same since the changes would just tackles on the amount of required map to advance to the next floor. Which means, if I'm not clear, that once the change is out, it'll just affect the next floor that you're climbing.

Just my guess though.

Yeah, it's exactly what i wish for.
I'm not very good in english, so may be what i said wasn't very clear.
I hope the devs will do this.

Cheers

I get the feedback from the people who achieved floors prior to the Protean update.

There is absolutely no doubt the game was harder prior to this update. Props to all of you who put the hours in.

There were always players who wanted the single map per floor\save per map, or whatever mechanic allowed them to progress without the need to do 3 maps on the trot in one session. Some people have limited gaming time.

So if Trendy does go with the 1 map per floor model and reflects this in the floor achieved and how much you get per floor for minimum ascension etc. I don't see how anyone is missing out and everyone should be happy. 

Shocking Rev and Tenacity obviously need a tweak down, but the power creep may be hard to put back in the bottle.

So Onslaught scaling and new mob introduction should be looked at. Not a new hard counter but something to spice things up, the wonderful DD1 spiders or Djinn would do it.

@Fozzie quote:

I get the feedback from the people who achieved floors prior to the Protean update.

There is absolutely no doubt the game was harder prior to this update. Props to all of you who put the hours in.

There were always players who wanted the single map per floor\save per map, or whatever mechanic allowed them to progress without the need to do 3 maps on the trot in one session. Some people have limited gaming time.

So if Trendy does go with the 1 map per floor model and reflects this in the floor achieved and how much you get per floor for minimum ascension etc. I don't see how anyone is missing out and everyone should be happy. 

Shocking Rev and Tenacity obviously need a tweak down, but the power creep may be hard to put back in the bottle.

So Onslaught scaling and new mob introduction should be looked at. Not a new hard counter but something to spice things up, the wonderful DD1 spiders or Djinn would do it.

Y I hope Trendy has tought about all of this.
For the new mod/difficulty/map/enemies, I really hope they will do like in DD1, each new map introduce new difficulty scale, enemies.
Would be so great ^^
Spiders, sharks, etc, not to mention those djins, i would love the flying ogre too to screw us up hahahaha.

I really miss the boss like dd1.
But all of this is off topic ;)

Yes, since Ptotean patch. But when people and the patches settle I'll go for another floor record. Going to see if hitting floor 250 without rolling AP is attainable after it's all said-and-done.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Excellent observation, the guiness....hitting floor 200 without prestiging. One or two others did it. When Trendy finishes all of the final touches, six months/a year, doesn't matter, I'll yet again do some other massive trial/beastly feat that only one or two others have done

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Yes, since Ptotean patch. But when people and the patches settle I'll go for another floor record. Going to see if hitting floor 250 without rolling AP is attainable after it's all said-and-done.

Well I wish you good luck with beating Marcos... since ya know, he's floor 500+ already... so your record sorta vanished...

My record was hitting floor 200 pre-protean patch without resetting Ancient Power (only one other person had done this on all platforms; it was too hard for almost everyone. People were resetting at floor 140 due to difficulties). People will keep going higher and higher on their floor climb. I'll get to the highest floor I can without resetting A.P., reset A.P. once, and then resume the second shot, when I come back. I'm waiting for all of the tweaks to be settled. Apparently DD2 has become too easy with all of these MODS.

@ArchaicLotus quote:

My record was hitting floor 200 pre-protean patch without resetting Ancient Power (only one other person had done this on all platforms; it was too hard for almost everyone. People were resetting at floor 140 due to difficulties). People will keep going higher and higher on their floor climb. I'll get to the highest floor I can without resetting A.P., reset A.P. once, and then resume the second shot, when I come back. I'm waiting for all of the tweaks to be settled. Apparently DD2 has become too easy ith all or these MODS.

/flex

@ArchaicLotus quote:

My record was hitting floor 200 pre-protean patch without resetting Ancient Power (only one other person had done this on all platforms; it was too hard for almost everyone. People were resetting at floor 140 due to difficulties). People will keep going higher and higher on their floor climb. I'll get to the highest floor I can without resetting A.P., reset A.P. once, and then resume the second shot, when I come back. I'm waiting for all of the tweaks to be settled. Apparently DD2 has become too easy with all of these MODS.

lol...
Nothing special to do it without AP.
Made it to floor 125 before protean...
When you have good build system, it's easy.
Anyway, it's off topic.