Sign in to follow this  
@ Caisy

Have they ruined Create Game for parties?

It is just me or has creating a game for parties become much worse than what it was? And friend of mine and I recently came back to check up on the new update.
So we party up and select a map but the other guy doesnt even get an invite to that game the other person created. Not only that you can't even join your friend who's already in a Private game, like we used to be able to. He can't even invite me to his game because it will just say my "connection times out" everytime.

I can solo everything myself, but it still bugs me so much their party system have become trash (in my opinion).

I don't have any problems with the party system.
Works fine on my side.
Have you and your friend tried other games? Do they work fine or is it just DD2?

i havent had the invite issues you speak of, might be a client side bug or perhaps a net issue. However the part of being in each others tavern and when one starts a mission but the other doesnt get pulled with you: That's normal now, you need to invite them to a party specifically. They made it so if someone is in your tavern, they dont need to get pulled with you. In case someone needs an afk break or someone drops in that you dont feel like playing with atm, or, whatever the reason may be.

Just hit ESC, click their name, and hit invite to party. Once they are in your party, they will go where you go.

Be warned though, party leader changes to whoever loads faster than the others it seems, so if you started the party, dont expect to stay the party leader, it's annoying to me lol

@Randomroxas quote:

I don't have any problems with the party system.
Works fine on my side.
Have you and your friend tried other games? Do they work fine or is it just DD2?

Works fine for in all other games also dd2 until Protean Shift update rolled out.
So you don't have any trouble if a friend creates a private game and afterwards you're trying to join it? 
Or if you are in party and your friend creates and game you don't get an invite, where he enters the game and you don't?

Not really nope. Except in the rare case where, if we were in a party and then they started a mission, and then one of us DC's for some reason or another mid wave or whatnot, we have issues getting back into the room then.

@Jojozityjo quote:

Be warned though, party leader changes to whoever loads faster than the others it seems, so if you started the party, dont expect to stay the party leader, it's annoying to me lol

Ah...so that's how that works. I've always been puzzled on how and why the party leader keeps changing. Thanks for pointing that out!

to say the least, people in your tavern being pulled with you to your game was a nice convenience; a quality of life. inviting to party is annoying... for reason(s) mentioned by jojo

some sort(s) of toggle(s) would be a good improvement

@LAWLTA

@Skyaliciouse quote:

to say the least, people in your tavern being pulled with you to your game was a nice convenience; a quality of life. inviting to party is annoying... for reason(s) mentioned by jojo

@LAWLTA

There's no need to tag him, it's not necessary. The All-Seeing Lawlta IS all seeing :P

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@LAWLTA

There's no need to tag him, it's not necessary. The All-Seeing Lawlta IS all seeing :P

alright :P I didn't know :c

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Ah...so that's how that works. I've always been puzzled on how and why the party leader keeps changing. Thanks for pointing that out!

NP, me and some friends pretty much tested it out, seemed like, whoever loaded in and could see stuff first, was the new party leader, so more of than not, the person with the best connection lol