Sign in to follow this  
✪ ultix

Best midgame DPS?

Currently at 3.2k hero damage on Jester using a transcendent classic's eagle crested standard (32k, 297^). Also using a 15k seahorse (transcendent 192^). This isn't cutting it anymore - for mostly DPS maps like NMHC Boss Rush and for just normal NMHC boss fights, the bosses aren't dying fast enough. What's the best midgame staff/gun I can find with good stats that outclasses my current ones? I also want to try to start monk/barb DPS and I have them leveled to 78 and have armor sets but don't have a good weapon for them. The ones I've heard of are Monk Wrench and Steam Saw from sky city (cant beat the boss on NM even with the cheese) and Moonbase drops (cant beat the last wave with multiple characters). What are the best weapons for Jester, Monk and Barb dps midgame?

Classic's is already a good dps wep, but for boss fights monk would be the best since the pet dmg on monk is much higher than on other heroes and you can hero boost. So I would advise you to put your 15k seahorse on monk and I can give you a monk wep if you want.

Best weps for Jester: Ember sceptre, Elder staff, Bloodshot, Bonestaff and Classic's and prob some others

Best weps for monk: Eternian spear, Monk Wrench, sparus, Mischief Maker, Quietus

Best weps for barb: Steam saw, sword of embers, obsidian gladius, Eternian sword, Roger's revenge

This isn't what you asked, but . . . on NM monks do most of their damage with pets, so you should get a decent quietus to start out (because it's quick and easy to farm a decent one on Moon Insane or NM) and then focus on getting a decent DPS pet.

@Area 51 quote:

Classic's is already a good dps wep, but for boss fights monk would be the best since the pet dmg on monk is much higher than on other heroes and you can hero boost. So I would advise you to put your 15k seahorse on monk and I can give you a monk wep if you want.

Best weps for Jester: Ember sceptre, Elder staff, Bloodshot, Bonestaff and Classic's and prob some others

Best weps for monk: Eternian spear, Monk Wrench, sparus, Mischief Maker, Quietus

Best weps for barb: Steam saw, sword of embers, obsidian gladius, Eternian sword, Roger's revenge

The classic's I have right now is lower quality (trans, 297^) compared to later game quality ones - trying to farm an ult or sup one but I can just barely beat boss rush NMHC with one hero which makes the going slow. 

If you would give me something for monk that would be really appreciated, add my linked steam profile

@Plane quote:

This isn't what you asked, but . . . on NM monks do most of their damage with pets, so you should get a decent quietus to start out (because it's quick and easy to farm a decent one on Moon Insane or NM) and then focus on getting a decent DPS pet.

Thanks for the tip - do monks have better pet scaling than the other heroes?

@✪ ultix quote:Thanks for the tip - do monks have better pet scaling than the other heroes?

Yep, and so does Mega Chicken, so the Mega Chicken ends up being a really amazing pet on Monk.  You get it on Tinkerer's Lab at the end of survival, and you can farm a pretty good one on Insane HC.  Owl and Seahorse are also good choices early on.

If you don't mind getting help from other players I'm sure lots of people would either give you a NM chicken or run you through TL NM survival.

Finally managed to complete Sky City NMHC and Moonbase NMHC - died on sky city's boss but with the help of a public lobby managed to finish it

Moonbase was incredibly easy with a new build I tried - gas traps prevented enemies from doing anything at all. 

Unfortunately got ripped off with a 176^ Supreme Fusion Rift and a 57^ Quietus, but got a decent ult steam saw from Sky City. 

Thanks for the help on where to farm!