Sign in to follow this  
Garadin

Mod quality suggestions

So right now, mod quality display via the 5 bars is really miss leading and has a color scheme that doesn't match what is already in game.

What makes sense would be something more like this:

Bar 1: quality is in the 1-20% range, color grey.

Bar 2: quality is in the 21-40% range, color white.

Bar 3: quality is in the 41-60% range, color green.

Bar 4: quality is in the 61-80% range, color blue.

Bar 5: quality is in the 81-99.9% range, color purple.

Bar 5(perfect): quality 100% perfect roll, color orange. Makes perfectly rolled mods clearly and easily identifiable.

This system follows the color scheme already present in the games item/pet quality system and makes much more sense in a linear fashion showing progress on the bar. Currently for example, one can find a mod with 5 full bars still at yellow quality which is less then 50% of the mods max possible quality.

While i agree with the topic, i may suggest rethinking your numbers split. I say this because TE wanted 5 bar MODS to be really special, not just another incremental increase. I do think the current spacing is VERY off, but i'm not sure completely even spacing is the right way to go. As rare as level 5's are, they should be special, and only a 20% increase is not quite special enough. Maybe shave 5% or less off of each tier, and put that all into the final MOD? 1-15, 2-30, 3-45, 4-60, 5-95/100. Right now we only get about 5% or less per each level 1-4...

I might have to disagree with the color. I can see that you're trying go for tiers like loot and that's an interesting idea, but currently the "Qualibean" bar colors does give a "battery" vibe and I think that's pretty cool enough.

Just my two cents.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

I might have to disagree with the color. I can see that you're trying go for tiers like loot and that's an interesting idea, but currently the "Qualibean" bar colors does give a "battery" vibe and I think that's pretty cool enough.

Just my two cents.

I agree here, its not the colours that need changing. Imo its a balance between the increase from 4.5-5 and all other tiers. Also, instead of having like 3 (3 bars) with different coulors make every tier and own % of the bean. So we actually get 4.5 and 3.5 and 2.5 and so on. Colours can stay the same.