Sign in to follow this  
gcstephen13

Clusters not Dropping in Chaos 4 maps.

PS4 player, I've cleared dozens of Chaos 4 expeditions and have not found a single cluster. What's going on here? This whole MOD thing would be great if I could actually do anything with them...

Just got one from the bulwark level while farming for Defense Rate shards ... but I'll agree that their drop rate is pretty low as I have farmed a lot of C4 and only have 5 in total. 

From my experience, Chaos 4 has problems with dropping those map specific materials. I've run an incredible amount of Chaos 4 Spooky maps, not dropping the Shiny Chromium Ingots, though I haven't really seen in Chaos 5 and Chaos 6. I think Trendy might be aware of that, so there might be a fix coming soon. Hopefully anyway.

Had it loads of times that the end game chest dropped a mote and not the ingot, when I was on sewers, or the cluster doing spooky or dungeons. In C7 it works perfectly, but earlier tiers its a pain for sure.

Hey, gang!

The dropping of ruby clusters is working as intended.  They drop only out of victory chests, and Chaos IV only gives you a chance at one; they are not a guarantee.  Chaos V guarantees one cluster with a chance at a second, and Chaos VI guarantees one cluster with a higher chance for a second one.  We want to encourage you to play the highest Chaos you can when grinding and  we also wanted to strike a particular balance with material acquisition/consumption for progressing Chaos IV players.  If you ever get an unlucky streak, you can always purchase them from fellow defenders.  

Happy Defending!

Mark

Thanks for that mark, but TBH the big push for resetters is to get the hell through C1-7 as fast as possible.

And if you have your favourite weapon or relic you HAVE to have those clusters\ingots.

So I would highly suggest the chances are the same throughout the run, and allow motes to drop in all waves.

I'd rather have motes than pet food, that I can buy for nothing. 

@Fozzie quote:

I'd rather have motes than pet food, that I can buy for nothing. 

If you are purchasing pet food for nothing, we will need to investigate this, as that would be unintended.