Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Onslaught is a lonely road

The gating of Onslaught really makes it a very lonely experience.

You can only join on map 1 of a floor you have achieved or below.

Obviously if you have limited time like me, you won't even look at doing lower floors, why would you no reward at all. If I have time for 3 maps I will do my next floor, and even if I play public no-one ever joins.

I appreciate that Trendy are fearful of people jumping content, but this has taken that to a ludicrous level.

So please look at opening this up, especially if we dump the 3 map floor grindfest.

Doing 1 map per floor and having the Lost temple every 3rd map makes sense, and adjusting the achieved floor plus amount of ascension bonification.

Also you need to allow players to play together so the 1 map per floor relieves one part of the issue, but I feel Trendy should allow people to join their floor plus up to 5 if the game is open to join.

The real fix we need is for people to be able to join any onslaught floor that is at their achieved chaos level or higher, but only receive 1 floor of progress for completing any floor above their current floor.

My idea is to make all levels one floor and any time you stay on a level and do multiple floors you get a bonus like the consecutive win bonus but bigger and based off your onslaught level.

I would be willing to hop down into lower levels on onslaught IF I had a chance to get something out of it. 

suggest giving us a chance to score defender packs from previously completed onslaught floors. I also suggest a meaningful number of defender medals for previously completed onslaught floors. 

Either of these things would entice me to go help some lower level defenders climb the lonely road of Onslaught. 

@Furied quote:

The real fix we need is for people to be able to join any onslaught floor that is at their achieved chaos level or higher, but only receive 1 floor of progress for completing any floor above their current floor.

Why not totally free then?

If this is the idea there would be no difference with free.

TE said that they are specifically visiting the 3 map thing in the next update or so, and it was heavily hinted at that it is going to 1 map floors. 

I 100% agree ☹ I love meeting new people in matches and making new friends to play with but once you get past a certain floor or ascension no one ever joins because there is a small percentage of players that actually have achieved the same floor because it takes so much time. I am also one of the few that hasn't achieved ancient power because it would make sense to just push floors first to increase my base ascension after restart but it's so lonely ☹ I hope they fix this to ❤

Definitely agree with this too! However, I would prefer endless instead of "5". The gear score gating should be enough.

Also, on the road to 114, I did nearly lose my mind solo-ing, so having a buddy to back-up is always nice!

@Fozzie quote:

The gating of Onslaught really makes it a very lonely experience.

You can only join on map 1 of a floor you have achieved or below.

Obviously if you have limited time like me, you won't even look at doing lower floors, why would you no reward at all. If I have time for 3 maps I will do my next floor, and even if I play public no-one ever joins.

I appreciate that Trendy are fearful of people jumping content, but this has taken that to a ludicrous level.

So please look at opening this up, especially if we dump the 3 map floor grindfest.

Doing 1 map per floor and having the Lost temple every 3rd map makes sense, and adjusting the achieved floor plus amount of ascension bonification.

Also you need to allow players to play together so the 1 map per floor relieves one part of the issue, but I feel Trendy should allow people to join their floor plus up to 5 if the game is open to join.

We really need 1 map floors then it would solve a bunch of issues.

man, i cant even get to ascension, i cant think of any way to get enough damage to be able to clear the floors 55+ , my poor summoner just cant handle it, and being forced to buy an EV or dryad just to progress seems rather meh

earth shatter costs a ***ton - auras get shut down, and PDTs get reflected - i do have some shards for PDTs though, however ive only got one single range shard, and thats the epic one

@SpottierPower4 quote:

I'm fairly certain this is my problem.  I need to break out of my routine defenses.  I took someone's advice recently and tried cannons on a cybork lane but got my arse handed to me.  I believe I need to put more range gambit on my cannons since I've seen it done before.

Do you have a Deadly Strikes shard maxed on the CB? With that alone, i don't think you have to use the gambit on top of that, although you can. On that same Tower, i also recommend the shard that stuns, and the Heavy Cannonball or Def Rate. Same tower is also great against Zerks with this setup. 

Try putting a Tenacity MOD on whatever is getting hit. Also, add the Chaos Damage MOD to whichever tower you go with. These will help a lot. 

@SpottierPower4 quote:

Cannons?  What all gets disabled by cyborks, is there a list somewhere, or is it just everything the cybork blast hits?

It on the all Chaos enemy loading page screen, but - Cyborcs will attack nodes, auras, and traps. They do not attack towers. 

Good question on the blast, the above info is about aggro, not "attacks", so i think anything the blast hits will get disabled - meaning do not put a tower next to a trap/node/aura. 

@SpottierPower4 quote:

I'm not sure where I put my Deadly Strike, gotta fish it off my dryad probably.  It's on my to-do list.

I'll look into the stun shard, don't have a heavy cannonball, not sure if I have a def rate.  Not familiar with Same tower.

I got my tenacity on the FA.  I'll be on the lookout for a chaos damage mod.

Thanks for the suggestions.

LOL - i mean the CB tower with stun and DS is great against Zerks...not a tower named "same"...Jester_Forum_icon2.png

Many towers work really really REALLY well with the DS shard. Spend some them farming C3 for them if you don't have these. It is a game changer for many setups. I found some defenses were almost useless until they got this shard. Your SGT really would love one too. 

Def Rate is huge since the last update. This is also very worth farming for.