Sign in to follow this  
gcstephen13

So apparently relic hunter sucks at his job now ..

1 Relic in his shop??? Come on guys! 😄 The odds of something  being there with a Green MOD was  slim to begin with plus you had upgrade , Not cool Trendy. 

@gcstephen13 quote:

1 Relic in his shop??? Come on guys! 😄 The odds of something  being there with a Green MOD was  slim to begin with plus you had upgrade , Not cool Trendy. 

You're really downplaying that quite a bit. It was a very big issue that could basically break any economy, and also made it pointless to play the game for the time being because of the mods it could provide. The issue wasn't that it was selling perfect mods, it was that you could refresh the listing with different items, and different rolls every minute. Had players learned the methods sooner, or leaving it alone longer, it would have been much bigger than it was.

That said, the vendors will be fixed with our next patch, selling up to legendary items, with mods on them.

Ahh I wasn’t refreshing it on the Xbox, just would look every couple of hours or so. Good mods Actually falling are so Rare to begin with.. I think having  then there was actually a good idea.

Im glad to see those relic are removed they must go farm for his mods GJ team

@LAWLTA quote:

@gcstephen13 quote:

You're really downplaying that quite a bit. It was a very big issue that could basically break any economy, and also made it pointless to play the game for the time being because of the mods it could provide. The issue wasn't that it was selling perfect mods, it was that it was you could refresh the listing with different items, and different rolls every minute. Had players learned the methods sooner, or leaving it alone longer, it would have been much bigger than it was.

That said, the vendors will be fixed with our next patch, selling up to legendary items, with mods on them.

Does anyone remember the game age of empires online? :)

Unbeknownst to most, this was one of the main reasons the game failed and shut down. The game economy was destroyed in about 72 hours because players worked out a way to dupe and then people started sharing free items and currency became useless.

There became about 5-6 players with 99999999999 gold and the whole trading system died instantly as did the need to spend any real currency for anything.

@LAWLTA quote:

@gcstephen13 quote:

You're really downplaying that quite a bit. It was a very big issue that could basically break any economy, and also made it pointless to play the game for the time being because of the mods it could provide. The issue wasn't that it was selling perfect mods, it was that you could refresh the listing with different items, and different rolls every minute. Had players learned the methods sooner, or leaving it alone longer, it would have been much bigger than it was.

Lol I have not checked the shop in about 2 years so I guess this 'exploit ' passed me by!

At least reading this I now know the shops are crap again so I can carry on ignoring them both.