Sign in to follow this  
Laurella

Are we planning to nerf the Shocking Revelation mod for Weapon Mfr. of EV2?

@Jaws_420 quote:

So is it just the fact that this MOD gives stun easily, and the DEF has a high attack rate (and hits more than 1 unit at once), and that all coupled together is making the perma-stun possible, and not some super high damage effect or something? 

What level MOD is needed to pull this off? 

my WM setup https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1423384564    even a 1 bar mod with an attack rate of like .25 seconds perma stuns everything .

@uzar quote:

It provides the WM a 22 or 25% chance to stun for 5 secs , with only 3 nodes and no tenacity you can afk any chaos and it even kills Rollers or at least stops them in their tracks at less then 1 sec attack rate. 

You can also do this with a PDT on every lane to or just about any defense right now.

yea but i been AFKing c7 forever . i do agree its a bit powerful with the stun but i was referring to high onslaught floors with frost orcs and cyborks. i haven't tested it to see if it takes out cyborks without tenacity. 

i dont remember the name of the poison mod for the sand vipers but i can say it is beastly hehe.  

anyone know what Chaos tier this WM shock MOD first drops on? 

Think i'll spend some time farming it next and setup this new meta before it goes away. I need me some 114.... I think i need to make a frost mob counter as well, since we have great new MODs to deal with that. When you play expeditions, not a lot of reason to have that...

Question - Mastery... What happens with MODs in Mastery? Do they nerf down to all level 1 Chaos 1 MODs? Or do they retain any of their strength? This WM MOD could be a nice way to tear through some Mastery if it stays in place. 

I have an extra for sale :) only issue i found is Rollers get stuck in the entrance if you place it close and you have to wait till they slow die.

Yes works well on frosty to, larger lane add a Pdt call it done.

@Jaws_420 quote:

anyone know what Chaos tier this WM shock MOD first drops on? 

Think i'll spend some time farming it next and setup this new meta before it goes away. I need me some 114.... I think i need to make a frost mob counter as well, since we have great new MODs to deal with that. When you play expeditions, not a lot of reason to have that...

Question - Mastery... What happens with MODs in Mastery? Do they nerf down to all level 1 Chaos 1 MODs? Or do they retain any of their strength? This WM MOD could be a nice way to tear through some Mastery if it stays in place. 

@Nefhith quote:

You're also pointing out something wrong with a passive, not the defense. Weapon manufacturer is fine.

TBH no, while the biggest problem is another weapon manufacturer was never fine, it was intended to be a defense with a synergy with the hero DPS but they made a solo defense and there is no point if a defense lvl 1 is competitive with other defenses lvl 5, it wasn't fine even before this OP feast.

weapon manufacturer should never have been a primary damage defense, but they made it cost so much it HAD to be or no one would use it

it should do about half the damage it does, and the laser thing shouldn't have a 5 hour wind-up so using the weapons it produces is actually a benefit

and it definitely shouldn't have a 5 second stun on it. i don't think any AoE things should stun that long

Thanks for saying this. I think this is what I wanted to say but I did not know how to explain.

For now me and my friends are quitting maybe until next update. Gotta find a game where to compete since steam is having a sale right now~

@mmm quote:

@Nefhith quote:

You're also pointing out something wrong with a passive, not the defense. Weapon manufacturer is fine.

TBH no, while the biggest problem is another weapon manufacturer was never fine, it was intended to be a defense with a synergy with the hero DPS but they made a solo defense and there is no point if a defense lvl 1 is competitive with other defenses lvl 5, it wasn't fine even before this OP feast.

@ram1024 quote:

weapon manufacturer should never have been a primary damage defense, but they made it cost so much it HAD to be or no one would use it

it should do about half the damage it does, and the laser thing shouldn't have a 5 hour wind-up so using the weapons it produces is actually a benefit

and it definitely shouldn't have a 5 second stun on it. i don't think any AoE things should stun that long

Exactly, but initially if you played at that time ppl used it mainly to shoot with the hero because dps was very good at start.

That was the right direction, dunno why they changed it totally.

WM is fine it is just the mod which makes it strong. Imo "the problem" is because the Stun is 5 Seconds long even at Level 1. Stunduration should scale with Modlevel that way only 5/5 gives 5 Seconds. Could be one Second per Modlevel. This fixes WM without nerfing it to the ground to compensate for the Mod.

@MystykZ quote:

WM is fine it is just the mod which makes it strong. Imo "the problem" is because the Stun is 5 Seconds long even at Level 1. Stunduration should scale with Modlevel that way only 5/5 gives 5 Seconds. Could be one Second per Modlevel. This fixes WM without nerfing it to the ground to compensate for the Mod.

Nothing is fine about that defense, no defense at all should stun AOE in such a reliable way and also being able to self kill everything.

There are towers for CC and towers for damage, a single one shouldn't be doing everything, and AOE.

This need a huge nerf ASAP.

@mmm quote:

@MystykZ quote:

Nothing is fine about that defense, no defense at all should stun AOE in such a reliable way and also being able to self kill everything.

There are towers for CC and towers for damage, a single one shouldn't be doing everything, and AOE.

This need a huge nerf ASAP.

I think there's no point of arguing now. The community itself wanted the AFK type of gameplay. They won't understand your point especially if the Trendy chose to make these people happy. I guess they were forced to do that just to give them happiness.

But I never heard ppl unhappy cause "they had to play".

This is just few kids IMO, giving voice to something the real community haven't discovered yet.

Every player has a choice in what they want to build. I personally like to get creative with my builds and challenge myself to complete maps using almost all the characters in my deck. This was before the update. Just because this particular defense is considered OP it doesn't mean you have to use it. You can always lose the tenacity mod on the WM and it would nerf it substantially for the player from what I am gathering. Just get creative in your builds and it will keep the game interesting. If you choose to continue using the mods on the WM then there is nothing wrong with that either. I am sure the devs will be revisiting this mod though and there may be a correction to it in the future. 

@CaramelCutie quote:

Every player has a choice in what they want to build. I personally like to get creative with my builds and challenge myself to complete maps using almost all the characters in my deck. This was before the update. Just because this particular defense is considered OP it doesn't mean you have to use it. You can always lose the tenacity mod on the WM and it would nerf it substantially for the player from what I am gathering. Just get creative in your builds and it will keep the game interesting. If you choose to continue using the mods on the WM then there is nothing wrong with that either. I am sure the devs will be revisiting this mod though and there may be a correction to it in the future. 

Wow, that was well said. Spot on IMO. 

Issue to me is that if a game is too easy to you - you can take steps to make it a challenging as you want it to be. You do not have to play any game the way you are "told" to. I have played many games that i have imposed self-rules on in some manner, and usually have had way more fun in the process. Some of my happiest game memories come from self-imposed rules. You ever do a speed run on a game? Try to beat something with no upgrades of special weapons? long long before trophies every were a thing, many of us did this very kind of things on existing games, looking for ways to make them fun or repayable. There is always a group that tries to beat every RPG with the lowest stats as they possibly can. They make it their own challenge. 

You do not get the same luxury when a game is too hard to you. Unless the game has cheat codes or a Game Genie...wait, sorry that is the 90's response, ahem...unless a game has PTW mechanics in it, there is no way to make a harder game easier. "Git Gud" is the most toxic thing i have heard in a long time and should never ever be uttered unless it is 100% troll bait. However, you can make an easier game harder. Just takes a little self-control and discipline.  As said above - if something in this game is OP/meta, and you have an problem with that, then don't use it in your layout. I am not clear how it being in existence detracts from another's experience in any way then. It is a co-op game, not versus. 

Personally, i could not be happier with this last update on the whole. This is the most fun i have had with DD2 since i turned it on. DD has always been about fun for me, and TE knocked this one out of the park for many of us. Plus, even though this new WM MOD issue is kinda OP, i have yet to see that MOD drop once anywhere after a lot of farming, so it not just something you can instantly do and become god in the game. 

To each their own i guess. Obviously DD2 is developing two distinct factions - those who want more fun, and those who want all challenge. Yes, there is a wide range of people in-between those as well, but these two polar extremes have been manifesting in the forums quite a bit lately. I think a possible solution is the game needs separate modes that do not require to be played (i.e. Onslaught floor 65 required for AP) that allow for both the "fun" players to have their jollies, and for the "challenge" players to feel like they earned their accomplishments. Right now we all seem to be commingling and usually one side or the other seems in a huff about that. 

"Can't we all just get along....."  -R.K. 

I tried out this mod and it does work, even with 1 bar mods.  It's fun to try it out but incredibly lame way to play the game and really boring.  May as well play a clicker game if you want brainless progression.    

@Jaws_420 quote:
@CaramelCutie quote:

Wow, that was well said. Spot on IMO. 

Issue to me is that if a game is too easy to you - you can take steps to make it a challenging as you want it to be. You do not have to play any game the way you are "told" to. I have played many games that i have imposed self-rules on in some manner, and usually have had way more fun in the process. Some of my happiest game memories come from self-imposed rules. You ever do a speed run on a game? Try to beat something with no upgrades of special weapons? long long before trophies every were a thing, many of us did this very kind of things on existing games, looking for ways to make them fun or repayable. There is always a group that tries to beat every RPG with the lowest stats as they possibly can. They make it their own challenge. 

You do not get the same luxury when a game is too hard to you. Unless the game has cheat codes or a Game Genie...wait, sorry that is the 90's response, ahem...unless a game has PTW mechanics in it, there is no way to make a harder game easier. "Git Gud" is the most toxic thing i have heard in a long time and should never ever be uttered unless it is 100% troll bait. However, you can make an easier game harder. Just takes a little self-control and discipline.  As said above - if something in this game is OP/meta, and you have an problem with that, then don't use it in your layout. I am not clear how it being in existence detracts from another's experience in any way then. It is a co-op game, not versus. 

Personally, i could not be happier with this last update on the whole. This is the most fun i have had with DD2 since i turned it on. DD has always been about fun for me, and TE knocked this one out of the park for many of us. Plus, even though this new WM MOD issue is kinda OP, i have yet to see that MOD drop once anywhere after a lot of farming, so it not just something you can instantly do and become god in the game. 

To each their own i guess. Obviously DD2 is developing two distinct factions - those who want more fun, and those who want all challenge. Yes, there is a wide range of people in-between those as well, but these two polar extremes have been manifesting in the forums quite a bit lately. I think a possible solution is the game needs separate modes that do not require to be played (i.e. Onslaught floor 65 required for AP) that allow for both the "fun" players to have their jollies, and for the "challenge" players to feel like they earned their accomplishments. Right now we all seem to be commingling and usually one side or the other seems in a huff about that. 

"Can't we all just get along....."  -R.K. 

Well said, I love this update, I'm a casual player and before this update it was extremely hard for a lot of casual player to even get to floor 65, I was stuck at 63, and now I'm up to 75 no problem and will probably able to get to over 114 before doing my first reset, I had pretty much stopped playing the game due to a lack of being able to progress(and I know a lot of people who did the same) this update made it so casual players can enjoy the game again and people who actually want a challenge have to push the floors, I can afk atm but if I'm not in a afk mood, I like to over build all but one lane and way under build a lane I want to stay at(usually the hardest lane) and hold that lane with almost no help or even no help at all from towers so it keeps the game fun

So instead of asking for a nerf get to floor 500, 600, 700 or even 1000 and see if it's still easy, onslaught is a endless game mode just because it's easy now doesn't mean it always will be

Well, I'm not gonna bother to argue due because, yeah, it'll eventually and inevitably be fixed. I'm pretty holding up well even without WMs. But until then, oh yeah, I'm obviously gonna use that!

I suppose we all could see this as a good boost!

Following the same line of thinking as those who don't want this mod nerfed, can I just have a button on the esc menu that sets me to 50 Ancient Power, 500k Asc and drops me on floor 1000? I mean, should I have to play the game to get there instead of just have it? I just wanna have fun too.

(PS With the addition of trading and special drops at higher floors to those who can exhibit skill or time or whatever it is people claim allows them to get to higher floors (no life), having something that just laughs its way up to those floors will affect a thing called economy. The Economy is something I'm pretty sure Trendy doesn't want screwed up early on in its release because players want to....not....play....the game. Just a thought)

Shocking revelation is OP and Tenacity is applying way more than it should be. There are changes coming to bring things in line and make sure the Mods apply correctly.

LOL, by the time i find this WM MOD, it will be nerfed... Lucky those who get to abuse it while you can. Enjoy. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

LOL, by the time i find this WM MOD, it will be nerfed... Lucky those who get to abuse it while you can. Enjoy. 

So your idea of a game is that abusing is good and they are "lucky".

Good lord...

Thank god Trendy is on spot.

@mmm quote:

So your idea of a game is that abusing is good and they are "lucky".

Good lord...

Thank god Trendy is on spot.

Better than your idea of just trolling every thread you can find. have you ever tired making a positive comment? Ever? 

Nigiri_toro mentioned that the way it drops might be bugged. Start playing as ev2 and it'll drop more frequently. That was his experience, and I found it in a few maps after I did that. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

I feel sorry for anyone who bought this from an online shop I bet some people got ripped off big time as well. 

I got mine legit and spent time and resources levelling it up but now it's gonna get nerfed that was a waste of a weeks gaming time but better than blowing 1million gold on it. I suppose at least that week I did not bother anyone's precoius position on a PvE leader board.

There's no way I am going to buy MODS online at this rate in a few weeks we will of been nerfed back to pre update territory with one or 2 effective builds again once the 'community' has decided that actually cyberdorks should stun every defence, and towers really should not pierce bubbles as they are now irrelevant ... and I'll be back to hoping that I have enough time to play 3 maps in a row and that it does not crash on the ancient temple.