Sign in to follow this  
Laurella

Are we planning to nerf the Shocking Revelation mod for Weapon Mfr. of EV2?

I tried doing a map in onslaught and used that node in all lanes, can easily do it especially that the game just gave me a c7 maxed mod Tenacity (-95% duration of negative status effects).

No challenge for me anymore. I just stand there watching the enemies die. :(

It was abit hard before the Shocking Revelation mod came, but now I don't even try anymore and just put it near the spawn.

Tenacity and some other mods need a balance pass for sure. Switching out def crit was always likely going to result in some issues.

I'm using Tenacity + Shocking Revelation with Medallion. I afk all lanes in floor 174 right now.. I mean it was hard for me  to beat this floor before. :(

@Fozzie quote:

Tenacity and some other mods need a balance pass for sure. Switching out def crit was always likely going to result in some issues.

Ultra Stun to Bosses. They can't even move. Right now I only use Monk and Ev2 for the Skyguard and Flame/Lightning aura.

image.png

You're also pointing out something wrong with a passive, not the defense. Weapon manufacturer is fine.

Don't get me wrong guys! I love the Protean Shift update, but with this new meta, Onslaught is not challenging anymore. Since I just bought Ev2 few days ago, I really wanted to use her even before the update, but I had no enough medals to get her. Right now I can't just say that "I'm not going to use her because she is OP". I enjoy using her but its a bad thing that she's too strong that I don't even need a strategy build anymore.

lose the tenacity mod, problem solved.

Personally I enjoy not having a challenge, once I have farmed for 300+ hours to get the right mods. That is the whole point. And it is a grindy game, so whatever makes it simpler, it is not as if I was given a hand out, I have farmed for my mods and relics. So I don't agree for any nerfs.

I would agree with you if you asked a more challenging mode, not nerfing something that has a purpose.

@specialK quote:

lose the tenacity mod, problem solved.

Personally I enjoy not having a challenge, once I have farmed for 300+ hours to get the right mods. That is the whole point. And it is a grindy game, so whatever makes it simpler, it is not as if I was given a hand out, I have farmed for my mods and relics. So I don't agree for any nerfs.

I would agree with you if you asked a more challenging mode, not nerfing something that has a purpose.

Oh welp Emoji_Skeleton.png

Let me go find all those posts when it was to easy with dryad.....

@uzar quote:

Indeed, history would suggest it will be this way for a good few weeks. Which I hope is correct as I too in my slow tortoise way would like to get to 114.

@uzar quote:

Too easy with Dryad but alot of players couldn't do high floors. Check the leaderboards now. The lowest floor in the list is 120th. It used to be 114th when the meta was Dryad. Everyone can climb now, just need that 1 mod.

@Laurella quote:

@uzar quote:

Too easy with Dryad but alot of players couldn't do high floors. Check the leaderboards now. The lowest floor in the list is 120th. It used to be 114th when the meta was Dryad. Everyone can climb now, just need that 1 mod.

No challenge at all with any hero nothing makes it out of the entrance. If that's fun so be it.

I was doing race against my friends in floors, but we will stop for now because it became so easy. Not everyone wants easy game. I was enjoying to compete against my friends but not anymore </3.

I Love the update tho 10/10.

Asking for nerf isn't a good idea this early.
Moreover, you have the possibility to use something else, so, if it doesn't suit you, don't complain and do something else.
The way you talk about how you play makes me think of someone "showing off".
But i assure you, depends on what mods/shards you put on relics, it s afk mode with any towers/traps/auras.
It's the point of a tower defense game.
It was like that already in DD1, a good build is doable full AFK.

Cheers

@Laurella quote:

I was doing race against my friends in floors, but we will stop for now because it became so easy. Not everyone wants easy game. I was enjoying to compete against my friends but not anymore </3.

I Love the update tho 10/10.

Then you probably will love the Prove your Mastery event last year. Where defenders try to finish a chaos difficulty each week at the Mastery gamemode.

(Seriously, I hope it doesn't come back so soon or better, waaaay long time later.)

@specialK quote:

Could not agree more. Well said. 

@Fozzie quote:

Indeed, history would suggest it will be this way for a good few weeks. Which I hope is correct as I too in my slow tortoise way would like to get to 114.

Again, so very well said. I'd like to see that finish line as well. 

So i am a tad confused by this topic, so maybe someone can help explain it to me (nicely please). How is putting this one MOD on this defense better than putting lighting on any other DEF (i.e. Flame Aura)? Is this a MOD only for WM? I am just trying to figure out why this combo is so magical and proposed as a new meta... 

@Jaws_420 quote:

So i am a tad confused by this topic, so maybe someone can help explain it to me (nicely please). How is putting this one MOD on this defense better than putting lighting on any other DEF (i.e. Flame Aura)? Is this a MOD only for WM? I am just trying to figure out why this combo is so magical and proposed as a new meta... 

Shocking Revelations is a WM exclusive MODS. I think it allows WMs to do some kind of stunning due to storm damage stuffs. I'm not really sure, gotta check it again as I'm not in-game at the moment.

Flame aura is an elemental auras, it should not worked i guess.
But i did not tried it ^^

So is it just the fact that this MOD gives stun easily, and the DEF has a high attack rate (and hits more than 1 unit at once), and that all coupled together is making the perma-stun possible, and not some super high damage effect or something? 

What level MOD is needed to pull this off? 

i just skimmed through the comments but i think Tenacity is broken right now (for those mixing tenacity and the SR mod). even a one bar tenacity mod makes it so my FAs can be shut down for only like 1 second. the EMP effect should be lasting about 5 seconds? i dont remember what the stats are on the 1 bar tenacity mod. seems once tenacity is working as intended using this set up in every lane will not be so OP. 

personally i still like using towers in a cybork lane and it seems kinda cheesy to have all these cyborks  banging on a FA the whole time . they gotta be wondering WTH is going on! :P 

It provides the WM a 22 or 25% chance to stun for 5 secs , with only 3 nodes and no tenacity you can afk any chaos and it even kills Rollers or at least stops them in their tracks at less then 1 sec attack rate. 

You can also do this with a PDT on every lane to or just about any defense right now.

@direnels quote:

i just skimmed through the comments but i think Tenacity is broken right now (for those mixing tenacity and the SR mod). even a one bar tenacity mod makes it so my FAs can be shut down for only like 1 second. the EMP effect should be lasting about 5 seconds? i dont remember what the stats are on the 1 bar tenacity mod. seems once tenacity is working as intended using this set up in every lane will not be so OP. 

personally i still like using towers in a cybork lane and it seems kinda cheesy to have all these cyborks  banging on a FA the whole time . they gotta be wondering WTH is going on! :P The