Sign in to follow this  
SELL SW0RD

Enemy Categories

Do we have an official listing or reference of each enemy category?  

For example, are Cyborks considered melee? Support? Ranged?  All three??? Is there any mod which cranks up punishment against dragons or zappers?  What the heck is a chaos enemy?  

Knowing what categories each enemy falls under would make Etheria a brighter place. 

we do not (that i am aware of), and many of the terms you see are new to this update. 

I would also like to know what a "support" enemy is or what the game defines as a "crowd controlled" status. I can guess like anyone else, but some definitions that make it clear would be immensely helpful. 

I can answer some of what you have listed. 

• Chaos enemies - are the new units introduced on each new difficulty stage (i.e. Shields on C1, Cyborcs on C2....through C7 Flying Kobolts). 
  • Dragons are melee units, so you can use the More Damage to Melee units MOD to crank up damage against them. DEF Power also works. 
  • Zappers are air units, and i do not believe i saw any air unit MODs yet, so just DEF Power and DEF rate would be key in taking them down. Maybe add some more DEF Range for good measure. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

I would also like to know what a "support" enemy is or what the game defines as a "crowd controlled" status. 

My guess for support enemies are like Dark Mages and Whiterbeast. Dark Mages does heal enemies and Spawn Skeleton occasionally. While Witherbeast gives off some kind of debuff after it successfully burrowed under. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
  • Dragons are melee units, so you can use the More Damage to Melee units MOD to crank up damage against them. DEF Power also works. 

If you mean Wyverns, I don't think they are as melee. they spit out some kind of projectiles to attacks.

But yeah, some definition would be really helpful.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

If you mean Wyverns, I don't think they are as melee. they spit out some kind of projectiles to attacks.

I was thinking those slow moving ones on the ground that have huge HP bars. They are much harder to kill then the flying Wyverns...so that's why i thought of that unit. 

@SELL SW0RD quote:

Thanks for the response!  

Man, that makes the chaos damage awesome!  Time for me to load up on those. 

You are very welcome. Yeah, agreed - the Melee and Chaos MODs are very powerful as they work on a much wider variety of units then some other ones and give pretty big bonuses by comparison.  

@Jaws_420 quote:

I was thinking those slow moving ones on the ground that have huge HP bars. They are much harder to kill then the flying Wyverns...so that's why i thought of that unit. 

You mean Drakins?

Image result for dd2 drakins

I've started compiling one here, based on what I know and what others have shared with me. It is by no means complete, but I hope the community or the devs will help sort it out.

@ram1024 quote:

i have never seen a draken melee something

LOL, good point. I guess i always kill them before they shoot their fireballs, so i kind of forgot they even do that. Chuck those up to Ranged units then i guess.

You mean Drakins?

Yeah, but i see now that was in error. I am at a loss about any dragons then. Wyverns are really never such an issue that i need to account for them in my build necessarily, unless it is a map that swarms them - but that is more about dealing with surge attacks then the unit type IMO. 

@lightrayne quote:

I've started compiling one here, based on what I know and what others have shared with me. It is by no means complete, but I hope the community or the devs will help sort it out.

FYI - link not working right now

@Jaws_420 quote:
@lightrayne quote:

FYI - link not working right now

Fixed it. Thanks. I guess the forums doesn't like shortened URLs or something. :P

@lightrayne quote:

Fixed it. Thanks. I guess the forums doesn't like shortened URLs or something. :P

WOW, very impressive list. THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Appreciate you doing all that work and putting that out there. One of the best lists for this game i have seen yet, and it is up to date as well! This link really needs to stay available, especially for new-ish players. 

One tiny addition for the list i saw when scanning it - under Defenses, under the Cannonball, under Special Effects - it should be noted that the CB does crushing damage naturally (setup combo for enemies in freeze status for instant kill)