Sign in to follow this  
MadArkael

Another QoL Suggestion

Almost every game I've spent considerable time in, is a farming game, I love grinding for gear. What I don't necessarily like is spending hours grinding with a lingering sensation in the back of my head that i potentially threw away something worth picking up.

With that said, I have talked to plane briefly about my post in the Update 4 QoL thread, and she said changing the way the game evaluates upgrades is more complicated for a variety of reasons. Understood. However, from what I have seen added, UI elements seem to be things that can be altered and added.

The actual suggestion: Add a toggle-able option to display, like the item beams, a beam with a number at the top that identifies the total number of either DPS stats, or tower stats, and possibly have the highest value, of whatever type you have selected, currently on the ground show up on the minimap. - Essentially a shaft or arrow arriving at a box or bubble above the item, that displays the sum of the selected stat.

Curious as to what everyone's thoughts are on this. I love farming games, I always want to get the most out of what I'm already doing as well.

Thanks Everyone

I do like this. I would love to have customer filters to say "hey, highlight this piece for having these stats" or having some total tower stat summarized.

Edit: To expand,

some sort of filter or filter list where you can specify

Mythical Armor with base - 100 tower health / 200 rate / 200 attack / 100 range with greater than 100 upgrades.

and you could have one for 

Transcendent armor with base 200 tower health / 200 tower rate / 300 tower attack / 200 range with greater than 200 upgrades.

This way you could find pieces you want across varying qualities or characters. Such as I look for double cap trans pieces or double cap myth, some way to sort through the mountain of variety we get in a highlighted manner.

I feel like these filters are for more advanced players and a very specific subset of the community however, as most people are fine with the game as is. I would support a filter feature or list that is editable and accessible to help fine tune the great gear search.

@Garzhod quote:

I feel like these filters are for more advanced players and a very specific subset of the community however, as most people are fine with the game as is. I would support a filter feature or list that is editable and accessible to help fine tune the great gear search.

That's fine, and I agree with that. However, I believe everyone could benefit from a most basic one, hence why I was suggesting the most simple form which just displays total stats of a certain variety. 

I must, however, disagree with the current state of loot being ok the way it is, for anyone that plays for longer than a couple hours is going to start realizing that the green is not what its supposed to be and if they've played any game with gear in it, I bet they look through the options to see if there's a different filtration mechanic.

I just did a fresh start. I literally deleted all my characters and all my items. So I get to re-live the chaos that is filtering through mid to high tier mythics and the huge range of stats they provide.

Definitely... or even just fix the current one. I do not like it when I have all positive stats and I come across something that is "thumbs-up" with worse stats in every category and half of them being negative. I do like the idea of choosing which stats being higher would cause an item to stand out (e.g. thumbs-up). 

I think setting a threshold on minimum quality of gear and/or material of gear that shows on the ground would also be very helpful. What if I only wanted transcendent and above chain helmets... well I gotta go search for em. In harder maps that pour out transcendent items, I feel like i am playing a search and find game rather than a tower defense.

Good job, keep up the good work MadArkael!

@DarkenedFlames quote:

Definitely... or even just fix the current one. I do not like it when I have all positive stats and I come across something that is "thumbs-up" with worse stats in every category and half of them being negative. I do like the idea of choosing which stats being higher would cause an item to stand out (e.g. thumbs-up). 

I think setting a threshold on minimum quality of gear and/or material of gear that shows on the ground would also be very helpful. What if I only wanted transcendent and above chain helmets... well I gotta go search for em. In harder maps that pour out transcendent items, I feel like i am playing a search and find game rather than a tower defense.

Good job, keep up the good work MadArkael!

While "my work", as far as DD is concerned, is simply playing the game. I will indeed keep that up :) Thanks for the stamp of approval. Also, as I mentioned above. Plane has said changing the current system is really complicated for a variety of reasons, so I don't think that's on the table. Hence why I pitched the idea as a UI element. Again, thanks for your comment and support.