Sign in to follow this  
Rude..Boy

Piercer Servo Mod & reflect beam

I thought it would be cool the have the projectiles shot back from the reflect beam to be able to pierce a geode shild. But that doesn't work. The mod is marked as "incompatible" with the reflect beam. Anyone knows if this is by design or is it a bug?

The 'attack' on a reflect beam refers to the node, that sparkly thing that goes around the walls edge - not the reflected projectiles. It does not shoot, so nothing to pierce.

@Rude..Boy quote:

I thought it would be cool the have the projectiles shot back from the reflect beam to be able to pierce a geode shild. But that doesn't work. The mod is marked as "incompatible" with the reflect beam. Anyone knows if this is by design or is it a bug?

I think only for towers~ But I like the thought of that mod used on reflect!

It's the enemy doing the shooting, so unless the goblin horde gain piercing chips, it doesn't make sense that Reflect Beam would send their projectiles back as piercing shots.

@Jaws_420 quote:

The 'attack' on a reflect beam refers to the node, that sparkly thing that goes around the walls edge - not the reflected projectiles. It does not shoot, so nothing to pierce.

Thanks. This makes sense from the game mechanics point of view. Still a bummer the mod doesn't work on the reflected projectiles, because geods in combination with hexthrowers still spell disaster for me.

@Rude..Boy quote:

Thanks. This makes sense from the game mechanics point of view. Still a bummer the mod doesn't work on the reflected projectiles, because geods in combination with hexthrowers still spell disaster for me.

The key with reflect beams is that you cannot place them directly next to your barricade. The spear the Hexs throw actually penetrates the shield just a little, and if you build right next to it - they still do damage. Back the reflect wall off about two full hero lengths in front of your barricade before you build it. then you should take no damage. I also like to put a LSA right on the spawn point so that it fries these guys while they hide and chuck their spears. 

Most shards on the Reflect Beam only work on that little node thing, so i would not waste a lot of power in boosting that. I mean you can throw a Deadly Strikes on it, and do some damage to any enemy just standing right in front of the wall, but i find that no where near as helpful as what other towers can do. I use the RW just for bouncing back spears. When you get much stronger, you don't really need the walls anymore either, as you can kill the Hexs rather easily and quickly before they get into lobbing distance. 

As to Geodes - i use Auras. Takes care of them really easily. Dryad Hornets work well too. If you do not like those, consider placing a Piercing Servo on a tower (I.e. Cannonball), and you can now penetrate those shields. 

Good luck!!!!!