Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

I like having Tenacity but isn't it a bit too good?

Even with my limited time to play, I can now play a 3 map floor, sometimes.

This is mainly down to the wonder that is Tenacity.

It means I can slam down flame auras and any other aura or trap I have this MOD on any way I like knowing that even if it does get cybork'd its no big deal as it comes back almost before they have moved 2 pixels.

So, as I put in the title I like being able to build how I like any map I like, but I think this MOD is a touch too good.

It's like Vipers Bite all over again.

I'm sure there will be a balance pass and I see someone on floor 450 so I guess people are making hay whilst the sun is most definitely shining.squire_small.png

Gear now rolls with random additional modifications that can be transferred to other pieces of the same gear type. One of these mods is called Tenacity and it reduces negative effects by x%. The disabling of ground 'towers' (auras/traps etc) by Cyborks etc is classed as a negative effect so if you have/transfer a Tenacity servo on a relic and put that relic on say a flame aura, the amount of time the aura spends disabled is greatly reduced. The 'base' roll can be up to 90% so it means the act of disabling the aura has no real impact on the ability to clear the lane with auras when it should be a lot more difficult due to the mob type.

@SpottierPower4 quote:

For the clueless, what is tenacity?  Is it a shard?

MOD that reduces status effect time. Level 5 C7 version of this MOD can nullify. 

To the OP - i agree it seems OP, but to really have it work you need a C7 level 5 version of it, and i have not seen those yet. Best i have seen thus far is only orange. That being said - i am so very happy some kind of cyborc counter exists. I hope we do not lose it. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@SpottierPower4 quote:

For the clueless, what is tenacity?  Is it a shard?

MOD that reduces status effect time. Level 5 C7 version of this MOD can nullify. 

To the OP - i agree it seems OP, but to really have it work you need a C7 level 5 version of it, and i have not seen those yet. Best i have seen thus far is only orange. That being said - i am so very happy some kind of cyborc counter exists. I hope we do not lose it. 

Agreed! I'm having a good time with Piercing Cannonballs! And it's not even full "battery" yet. I think just half. (Yes, got that term from someone I know, those level do have the "battery" vibe ;)

its definitely bugged atm.

Cyorc stun lasts 12 seconds. With 41% reduction (red bar) its reducing it to 1 second. Thats not how math works.

I only have 42% but it makes cyborgs less than an irritant, can only imagine the spasms that higher would cause the poor blighters.

I've got tenacity + stun weapon manufacturers. It's borderline impossible for the mobs to move an inch.

It does sound bugged from what you just said though so wait for it to be fixed before calling it OP.

Also I kinda like the idea of having Mods all being strong so that you are really exciting to get a goot Mod and change your gameplay. I find that system a lot more interesting than how shards interact.

Nothing to see here devs. They are just talking about... erh... the weather! Just boring old small talk. *Yawn*

Move along devs.

giphy.gif

everything is too easy anyway, even if you dont get tenacity you can get a ***ton of range and hit them from far, or get a ***ton of damage and kill them before they even cast the disable

I mean everything works because everything is so OP

@playlessNamer quote:

Can anyone explain pls what Tenacity is especially? What effects does it have on wich defenses and what is the strong part of it?

If i'm not mistaken, it's lessens the debuff time whenever that particular defense/tower got hit with a debuff. Less time being stunned, cursed, or frozen etc. Which means it affects all towers. Though many peeps sees is as an anti-cybork thing.

Melee enemies explode for x% of their health is also so good. I have it on both my DPS tower and my hero. It reminds me so much of my Exploding Palm build in Diablo 3. Just pop one and the entire pack explodes in a chain reaction lol.

I feel like this addition to the game is a good move. Chaos 7 may be incredibly easy now but the true end of game content is onslaught mode. And we can challenge the mode to a much higher degree now.

And onslaugh was easy before and now is ridicolously easy.

Yesterday I tried the higher Onslaugh and I finished the map with less than 2000 DU on 2400 total.

Its a strong mod to be sure, but its taking up a spot that any other powerful mod could be in, like 60% damage to chaos enemies or minibosses, so I think its in a good place.

I guess you'd slaughter the chaos related enemies with chaos dmg percent and chaos enemies explode for % HP on death lol. You'd still have to deal with the non-chaos ones though. Speaking of explode on death shards which one is the least useful to have?

Have played Protean yet...sounds like the game became too easy. Maybe I'll cone back in a few months....maybe.

Need a challenge for some players

@SpottierPower4 quote:

I'm not sure what all this talk is about the game being too easy.  C5 is tough if you're not equipped properly.  I've even farmed up a 31% tenacity relic.  It's not the cybork killer I was led to believe.

Just curious, how many people claiming it's easy-street are using monk auras?

I hear you - any stage with Cyborcs becomes a challenge until you are massively into end game and have all the shards and strength to combat them fully.  

Auras and Cyborcs (and frost orcs) do not go well together. You will need a level 4-5 C7 Tenacity servo before you can start using auras against them with any reliability. For C5, you need towers with range. Dryad setups work great, but if you don't have her you can use AL/Squire/Huntress/Apprentice towers as well. Anything that shoots from a distance, so having Deadly Strikes in it is a must IMO. Cyborcs will not aggro them (but the rest of the lane might), so you can place them all along the path. 

@Fozzie quote:

I see someone on floor 450 so I guess people are making hay whilst the sun is most definitely shining.

Just to be clear and give him the props he deserves, he was above floor 400 before the patch.

I think I found a real chink in the Tenacity juggernaut. It doesn’t appear to reduce the time that Cursi-kazi debuffs affect your defenses. It still takes a REALLY long time for that to wear off. I thought my Tenacious Bees would be immune to that mutation. But Timmy’s Revenge almost cost me the map. 

@SELL SW0RD quote:

I think I found a real chink in the Tenacity juggernaut. It doesn’t appear to reduce the time that Cursi-kazi debuffs affect your defenses. It still takes a REALLY long time for that to wear off. I thought my Tenacious Bees would be immune to that mutation. But Timmy’s Revenge almost cost me the map. 

Did you test it with and without the MOD to be sure? Keep in mind that the MOD only reduces the time you are affected. Unless you have a level 5, C7 MOD of it, you will still get hit by it. It hits for set amount of time (long), so if anything less than what you normally get hit with happens - then that is working just fine. See if you can test it and give some specifics to the issue - on what stage, against what mob, with what MODs (and what level, and what chaos tier it is at), and then the amount of time the curse should normally be on the tower - and then how long you are seeing it with the MOD equipped. 

That should be the level of info any of us give TE if we want them to be able to do something about it or even look into it. Eliminate as many extraneous variables as possible first if you can. 

If you do indeed find an issue with this one, report it to their bug site. 

I did not do extensive testing. But I certainly did confirm that my Tenacious Bees went from over 1 million dps to something horrendously low, like less than 100k dps. I also verified that the debuff persisted after selling the debuffed Bees and replanting a second bee defense in same spot. The debuff lasted for about a minute or so, well into the following Build phase. 

For the record, I do not think this is a bug. From the tool tip, Cursi-kazi causes a debuff on the ground where a kobold dies. Meaning the debuff is targeting the GROUND, not any particular defense. I believe this explains why the debuff remained in effect after selling the first Bee defense and replanting a second one in the same spot. Both defenses were on the cursed ground. Both suffered. 

I did not bring this up as a potential bug. I just didn’t want any other dungeoneers to walk boldly into a Cursi-kazi lane with unfounded faith in Tenacity. As I did.