Sign in to follow this  
gokuby

MODS Drop Behaviour

I was just wondering how MODS are rolled.

If certain MODS only drop in specific Chaos levels, or if the variety just increases with each level?

Also are there MODS that are only obtainable in Onslaught like the C8 item?

Third question, if I'm looking for the "shocking revelation" mod, which is an EV2 specific mod, do I need to play as EV2?

I know it's pretty much impossible to tell for certain since the expansion is only out for a few days.

@gokuby quote:

I was just wondering how MODS are rolled.

If certain MODS only drop in specific Chaos levels, or if the variety just increases with each level?

Also are there MODS that are only obtainable in Onslaught like the C8 item?

Third question, if I'm looking for the "shocking revelation" mod, which is an EV2 specific mod, do I need to play as EV2?

I know it's pretty much impossible to tell for certain since the expansion is only out for a few days.

Rolls on Mod quality (the Qualibean) is random, and can be a low or perfect roll at any point in time during the game.

Certain Mods start to unlock at different tiers, so it opens up.

There are Mods only available in Onslaught post Floor 80. They are hero specific mods that interact with their abilities (just like the mod on the Ancient Power weapons).

This is the fourth thing I'm answering. No you do not need to play as EV2. I can attest to this, because I had a Mystic mod drop (poison sand traps I believe) and she wasn't in my active deck.

So me getting Shattering Earthquake mod with an Apprentice in my deck, nothing without, 3 Shocking Revelations with just a Dryad and EV2 in my active deck, but 0 without EV2, and no Plantera's Blessing when I didn't have her in my deck (but plenty when she is) is just really weird coincidence? And not having ANY hero specific MODS for anyone other than those mentioned that were in my active deck at the time?

Weird.

Yea I've noticed something similar now. Farming C4 for Defense Rate right now and if I'm playing with my EV2 I get about 1 shocking relevation mod per 3 maps, but 0 when I'm not playing with her. Sample size is about 70, so not really much.