Sign in to follow this  
TrendyMark

Changes in Defense Range

Hey All,

A lot of you have reported that you have ran into range caps on Defenses. This is actually something that was supposed to be a part of the game since release, but instead was fixed with this expansion so the caps are actually enforced. With the tons of power that we've added to the game, we're using this as an opportunity to see if the gigantic range is needed. Giant range brings a lot of potential issues both balance-wise and also technical-wise (more range could really drain some resources). 

For right now, we're monitoring how these changes affect the game, and are open to change depending on how things perform. If we see things under-performing, we'll make some changes and improvements. This applies to individual defenses but also to defenses across the board.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. 

I would like to add - with defenses that hit their cap earlier than others - i would like to see the Gambit section of the Ascension Utilities reflect that (or just the stats page). Right now it is not 100% clear to me when i have already hit the cap, and so the game continues to let me put points into the range Gambit, and all that does is lower DP - which really should not be allowed to happen. I really want to know when i am wasting any points on something that has capped out. It is incredibly frustrating to waste power and time on something that could have been prevented. Same with adding a MOD or a shard. 

I understand the cap on all the attack towers and that makes sense, But is the World Tree included.. it’s not a tower and is very different then everything else. Thanks Mark.

@TrendyMark quote:

Hey All,

A lot of you have reported that you have ran into range caps on Defenses. This is actually something that was supposed to be a part of the game since release, but instead was fixed with this expansion so the caps are actually enforced. With the tons of power that we've added to the game, we're using this as an opportunity to see if the gigantic range is needed. Giant range brings a lot of potential issues both balance-wise and also technical-wise (more range could really drain some resources). 

For right now, we're monitoring how these changes affect the game, and are open to change depending on how things perform. If we see things under-performing, we'll make some changes and improvements. This applies to individual towers but also to towers across the board.

Thanks!

If you put a cap on any stat you should tell us specifically what that cap is in game (before we hit that cap) so we know about it and dont waste our time only to find after we already surpassed that cap. Currently, for the range stat, you dont tell us anything, the stat just stops growing.

We are working on giving you that info. Currently, that's how it works for defense speed; whenever you place something that makes the defense reach its max defense speed, when you inspect it, the game will show you a MAX next to the value.

Please check the attached image for reference how it feels to play at that speed*

tenor.gif