Failed to initialize Steam. Please ensure it is running in the background

@DEJA VU quote:

Have this problem with Steam. i googled and tried everything. Anyone know how to fix this?

I only had to restart my Steam. I hope you get it fixed!

@Laurella quote:

@DEJA VU quote:

Have this problem with Steam. i googled and tried everything. Anyone know how to fix this?

i tried , it didn't work

@DEJA VU quote:

@Laurella quote:

@DEJA VU quote:

i tried , it didn't work

I'm sorry! thats all I know. We need a professional here to get you fix it.

Hi,

There are 2 things you can try:

1. Even though the game is off, check to see if the game didn't shut down properly the last time and is possibly still running in the background .(Check the windows task manager)

2. There is a file in the game folder that needs to be there to satisfy steam. Its possible that file either got corrupted or deleted at some point. If you right click on the game in your steam library and select properties, you can click "Verify Integrity of game files" in the Local files tab. That will check to see if any files may be wrong and re-download them (although it will probably give you a warning about 1 file which is ok because its your configurations)

If that doesnt' work you can try completely uninstalling the game (including manually deleting the Dungeon Defenders 2 folder in the steam install location) and re-download. Let me know if any of that worked.

@LikeThatWhenIGotHere quote:

Hi,

There are 2 things you can try:

1. Even though the game is off, check to see if the game didn't shut down properly the last time and is possibly still running in the background .(Check the windows task manager)

2. There is a file in the game folder that needs to be there to satisfy steam. Its possible that file either got corrupted or deleted at some point. If you right click on the game in your steam library and select properties, you can click "Verify Integrity of game files" in the Local files tab. That will check to see if any files may be wrong and re-download them (although it will probably give you a warning about 1 file which is ok because its your configurations)

If that doesnt' work you can try completely uninstalling the game (including manually deleting the Dungeon Defenders 2 folder in the steam install location) and re-download. Let me know if any of that worked.

i tried both of them but seem like it didn't work