Sign in to follow this  
krsans78

I think the latest patch is a big step in the right direction, but...

When are we getting better party leader control options? Like starting a map in solo mode and then opening it up to public later in the fight? I don't do public because I lose control over mana and building, and I hate that. In dd1 you could flip flop between open and private as much as you wanted. I also had total control since I was the one who created the instance. Why are you so very late in introducing these options to the gameplay?

When you actually do implement them at least I and anyone in my boat would be a very happy camper. I don't like how DD2 becomes a much more solo oriented game because of these simple shortcomings. 

I agree the latest patch is a very good one. I played a lot of DD1 and yes the host options were very useful in that game. If you have OCD then public games do create stressful situations where people don't play\upgrade exactly how you would want, but that's online gaming. Onslaught is a far bigger priority and more loot\materials for more players would be good.

My personal favorite is when two players join my game in progress and then vote to kick me.   Great times.

That's pretty shocking :O

@jaden198 quote:

My personal favorite is when two players join my game in progress and then vote to kick me.   Great times.

I remember once joining a C7 game, and I said "hi" then the other 3 players at different times said "bye" and eventually i was kicked.

I totally agree. For example  additional  party Options in which the leader can set rules like:

-leader is able to kick (yes/no)

-leader can start next wave (yes/no  *ending game with a timer)

-leader gets all green crystals, except the ones you can pick up ( yes/no)

Those would fix some huge problems when opening a public game and some people join and go afk. Other times they just don't upgrade towers or you can't kick people because 2 out of 4 are afk. I would like playing more public games but it's mostly not encouraging if you have to wait every wave for everyone to click "G".

Putting some additional benefits for playing in a group would be cool, like 10% or 25% more item drops for each player but not that important imo.

@krsans78 quote:

When are we getting better party leader control options? Like starting a map in solo mode and then opening it up to public later in the fight? I don't do public because I lose control over mana and building, and I hate that. In dd1 you could flip flop between open and private as much as you wanted. I also had total control since I was the one who created the instance. Why are you so very late in introducing these options to the gameplay?

When you actually do implement them at least I and anyone in my boat would be a very happy camper. I don't like how DD2 becomes a much more solo oriented game because of these simple shortcomings. 

Group play and party systems are something we're actively discussing. The designers and I have sat down and discussed this recently, and are investigating a ton of improvements, and if they are able to be implemented. Tons of investigation to go, but it is a priority! :)