Sign in to follow this  
Kruntski

MOD Colouring

What's with the colouring and bar display in the MODS?  Most of my orange / yellows are are actually low rolls very close to the bottom of the range (as shown by pressing the ALT key).

I think *not 100% sure* the bar shows how powerful that mod is for that item.

Exame being.

Totem. C7

Red mod: Fortitude +2000 health 

-

Green mod: Fortitude +8000 health.

So its like a range indicator of how powerful your mod is. So abit like gear of the same gear score but diferent grades ie powerful mythical legendary etc will determine its stats.

Which for those colour blind amongst us this type of tiering is pretty bad. IMO just put the numbers, but a bit bigger to make them easier to read. It's done now so likely won't get changed, but there are many things in games not just DD2 that almost completely exclude colour blind players.

I don't understand this either. I have a green C3 relic with -36.5%[20.5%-70%] duration of negative status effects. There is only one bar left which doubles the value?

@Martin Arcainess quote:

So its like a range indicator of how powerful your mod is. So abit like gear of the same gear score but diferent grades ie powerful mythical legendary etc will determine its stats.

I don't think this is it.  I have two defence rate mods.  One is red and the other orange.  Both have the same range 24.88-37.2.  The red one is at 25.15% and the orange at 25.72%.    

I've also got a green "damage to orcs" which is 4 bars 40.1%, range is 32%-56%.   

The color tells you how good the chip is, green being the best red being the worst.  The strength of the chip is determined by not only its color but by the level of the gear its attached to.  So a green mod in c1 gear is not nearly as strong as it would be in c7 gear.  

@Duk420 quote:

The color tells you how good the chip is, green being the best red being the worst.  The strength of the chip is determined by not only its color but by the level of the gear its attached to.  So a green mod in c1 gear is not nearly as strong as it would be in c7 gear.  

Yeah, however the range goes up as well. For my example on C7 the range goes up to 90% from 70% at C3.

The rolled value goes up as well, but it's always just 52% of the maximum value, while being green. There is only one bar left, it should be at 70-80%.

I got a green on a sword. I too thought that the colors indicated the quality.  I guess for now instead of colors, i just go with the number values?

if you use a green from a lower Chaos level (i.e. say Hero Damage), can you replace it with a green HD from a C7 chip later? Is there any reason to not use chips form lower chaos levels??? 

@Jaws_420 quote:

if you use a green from a lower Chaos level (i.e. say Hero Damage), can you replace it with a green HD from a C7 chip later? Is there any reason to not use chips form lower chaos levels??? 

You could, but if they are the same Qualibean tier, then they will give the same stat. A low/max tier C1 mod scales up to a low/max tier C8 mod as long as they were on an item evolved from C7 all the way to C8.

@LAWLTA quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

You could, but if they are the same Qualibean tier, then they will give the same stat. A low/max tier C1 mod scales up to a low/max tier C8 mod as long as they were on an item evolved from C7 all the way to C8.

so is it better to upgrade a campaign mod or it has no difference if you get a perfect drop in c7? Meaning does the quality improve if you upgrade it from campaign or it makes no difference, just you get the benefit of if you get it from lower tier to be able to carry it to max tier?

@LAWLTA quote:

Thanks for the info. Not sure i quite get it yet though. 

If i put a C1 chip onto a existing C7 gear, and then evolve that gear to C8, what happens to the C1 chip? Will it evolve as well, and if so - what to - C2 or C8? 

Right now i have a whole bunch of existing C7 gear, and i now have a bunch of lower gear with MODs that look interesting, but i want to know if there are any drawbacks to putting the MODs from those lower chaos tiers gear onto my C7 gear. Should we only use C7 chips on C7 gear? I don't want to waste materials and MODs on my top gear. 

If i am looking to pimp out my top end C7 gear - can (and should) i use any chaos MODs, or should you stick to same chaos chips only? 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@LAWLTA quote:

Thanks for the info. Not sure i quite get it yet though. 

If i put a C1 chip onto a existing C7 gear, and then evolve that gear to C8, what happens to the C1 chip? Will it evolve as well, and if so - what to - C2 or C8? 

Right now i have a whole bunch of existing C7 gear, and i now have a bunch of lower gear with MODs that look interesting, but i want to know if there are any drawbacks to putting the MODs from those lower chaos tiers gear onto my C7 gear. Should we only use C7 chips on C7 gear? I don't want to waste materials and MODs on my top gear. 

If i am looking to pimp out my top end C7 gear - can (and should) i use any chaos MODs, or should you stick to same chaos chips only? 

from what  gather if you up your gear with mods from c1 to c7 they improve upon each evolution effectively becoming full bar mods ? or have i got it wrong