Sign in to follow this  
Jojozityjo

Game safe to jump in?

As in, bugs. In my experience, every singe time a game has a big update like this, there is some kind of really bad bug(s) that you're better off waiting for a hotfix for before jumping in.

And I dont mean lil bugs like the game has always had, i mean bigger stuff. Like ...

Cant access tabs 2 5 and 6 of your inventory.

Half of all maps dont give loot chest.

Items get eaten up by the code matrix whenever this or that happens.

etc etc, big bugs that you really need to avoid until they are fixed cause they will crap all over your enjoyment/progress.

@Jojozityjo quote:

As in, bugs. In my experience, every singe time a game has a big update like this, there is some kind of really bad bug(s) that you're better off waiting for a hotfix for before jumping in.

And I dont mean lil bugs like the game has always had, i mean bigger stuff. Like ...

Cant access tabs 2 5 and 6 of your inventory.

Half of all maps dont give loot chest.

Items get eaten up by the code matrix whenever this or that happens.

etc etc, big bugs that you really need to avoid until they are fixed cause they will crap all over your enjoyment/progress.

Start playing tomorrow if you're feeling hesitant. We've got a hotfix coming that addresses the issues we've seen, but none of really been game breaking.

I was in it all last night, PS4 version. There are a few bugs like the ability to move the stage select cursor not working at times, but nothing game breaking or serious by any means. It is a huge update with a lot to do and look at, so i would dive in as soon as you can. Great to already have a patch for some fixes coming, although not sure what bugs are being targeted in that fix yet. We will have to wait and see the notes when it goes live. 

When I equip a new mod into one of the premium weapon slots it goes away almost immediately and it still says 3 empty slots. Known bug or?

@MaJean quote:

When I equip a new mod into one of the premium weapon slots it goes away almost immediately and it still says 3 empty slots. Known bug or?

Not that I've seen personally. Hit up our bugsite and give as much info as possible, if you wouldn't mind. :)

No! Don't jump in yet! It's cold yet! Emoji_Kobalt.png Wait at least at mid July. Seas would be warmer then.

Players that logged in before this hotfix that were away for a while may still be missing shards. For players that did not login before this hotfix should have their shards still (we've checked profiles specifically to validate this).

Still looking into the course of action for shard restoration on those who are missing them.

The Xbox has the issue of not moving stage Chaos levels as well. It gets stuck on a set of 4 maps.

@Jaws_420 quote:

I was in it all last night, PS4 version. There are a few bugs like the ability to move the stage select cursor not working at times, but nothing game breaking or serious by any means. It is a huge update with a lot to do and look at, so i would dive in as soon as you can. Great to already have a patch for some fixes coming, although not sure what bugs are being targeted in that fix yet. We will have to wait and see the notes when it goes live. 

@gcstephen13 quote:

The Xbox has the issue of not moving stage Chaos levels as well. It gets stuck on a set of 4 maps.

@Jaws_420 quote:

I'm not really understanding this issue, is this any of them:

- Are you saying at the War Table you are getting stuck on the same 4 maps? 

- On the War Table there are only 4 map choices available?

- On the War Table if you move through 4 maps the cursor gets stuck?

- Completed a map, hit "Play Next Town/Sewers/Castle/Dungeon Map"?

- Completing a map, hitting "Continue" and it keeps giving you the same 4 maps?

Any clarity would be helpful in understanding the issue.

You bet. 

When going to the war table, and then pulling up the list of levels (on PS4), while scrolling through the maps, as i work the cursor down the list - it will get stuck on a level, and it will not go up anymore. It will go down more, but when you go back up the list of stages, it hits some kind of invisible wall and will not go any further. Then it will not move at all at times. I exit out, come back in, and can replicate that issue several times in a row. Makes selecting stage quite difficult at times. 

Sounds like it could potentially be an issue with controllers, since it's happening on Xbox as well. Let me look into it, and we'll keep you posted! :)

When you are on say Chaos7 Dungeon Maps, it wont let me go back up and select other maps. You’re stuck on those maps can’t go up and select Forest maps or town. The workaround is just to get off Chaos and scroll through diff stuff, incursions, Campain and so forth.  

@LAWLTA quote:

Sounds like it could potentially be an issue with controllers, since it's happening on Xbox as well. Let me look into it, and we'll keep you posted! :)

@gcstephen13 quote:

When you are on say Chaos7 Dungeon Maps, it wont let me go back up and select other maps. You’re stuck on those maps can’t go up and select Forest maps or town. The workaround is just to get off Chaos and scroll through diff stuff, incursions, Campain and so forth.  

@LAWLTA quote:

If you stop moving the cursor, and then hold it up for a second or two, it should let you continue moving upwards. It's an issue we're aware of.

@Balmert quote:

You are right OP, the update vanished all my shard equiped on my characters.

This issue won't affect OP. It only affects players who logged in between after the release of Protean Shift and before this morning's hotfix. On top of that, it's only players who had not logged in prior to our Barbarian's Wrath update (when we changed how shards are equipped). If OP had not logged into the game over the past two days, they are clear to login now.

As for your shards missing, we are working on a resolution to that right now, and will get word out when we have one, which should not be much longer.

Continue takes you to any map in the full map pool. It is not a replay button.

Next Town/Sewers/Castle/etc button randomly picks one from the maps in that section.

@SpottierPower4 quote:

I won't be able to provide perfect clarity since I'm speaking from memory, but this is an issue I experienced last night.  My daily said I needed 3 town map wins, so I choose the first town map in the C3 Expedition list and began playing.

I think this is the list of them, but I'm not sure of the order.

• The Gates of Dragonfall
  • Dragonfall Bazaar
  • Little-Horn Valley
  • Greystone Plaza

I beat The Gates of Dragonfall, hit the next town map button, and it skipped the bazaar and went to Little-Horn Valley.

I setup defenses but lost to those lightning bugs that I failed to defend against.

I think at this time, I hit continue because I wanted to retry, and I figured since I didn't want the "Next Town Map" or to go to my private tavern or town, that "Continue" would be my best option.

The map that came up was Liferoot Forest.

I didn't continue with Liferoot since I wanted to complete my town maps, so I can't speak to the game forcing you into the same 4 maps.  I can say that Liferoot does appear quite frequently in my play and this might be related.

If I can muster the will, I'll redo this tonight to see if I can get it to repeat and I'll take notes for a bug report.

Edit: Just to confirm, I'm on xbox one.

so it's safe to jump in then? with the hotfix that came out earlier? sweet, im jumping in and trying out this new update that seems like it adds everything I(and many others) have been wanting for a long, long time lol

now if only you will finish the alt genders for my OCDness and the countess because, god i wanna use her again so badly XD