Sign in to follow this  
CookingCookie

About the number 88

Hello,

I've just picked up the game recently and enjoy it very much so far, however something is bothering me more than it sould; 

it is the repeated occurrence of the number 88 in game (number of accessories, achievement for warping core, number of coal required for diamond... off the top of my head)

Does anyone have a clue about this, any sort of trivia about the development of the game?

Btw this is my first post so hi everyone

@CookingCookie quote:

Hello,

I've just picked up the game recently and enjoy it very much so far, however something is bothering me more than it sould; 

it is the repeated occurrence of the number 88 in game (number of accessories, achievement for warping core, number of coal required for diamond... off the top of my head)

Does anyone have a clue about this, any sort of trivia about the development of the game?

Btw this is my first post so hi everyone

To my knowledge there is no special meaning of this. There is no ARG (alternate reality game), secret meaning, or anything for the number. We're adding accessories in each update so the number that exist is not fixed, and the other examples are coincidence.