Sign in to follow this  
gcstephen13

Really disappointed in World Tree size.. nerfed

After busting my Butt to get Vicious Strikes and then Dropping 10 Deadly Strikes to make a Gilded.. To nurf the Tree size is not ok..  Hate it Hate it.

Make no mistake though guys I love the Update,  and you guys did fantastic work.

Zero issues with the range even with non gilded DS , its minor change. BUT FLAMING BEES!!!!! I mean come on!!!!! So Cool!!

I don't think this is intended. Looking into it, we're super busy atm, but once I have more info, I'll let you know! :)

Yeah I know you guys are busy. Thanks 👍🏻

@LAWLTA quote:

I don't think this is intended. Looking into it, we're super busy atm, but once I have more info, I'll let you know! :)

I noticed a difference with the range as well (it's about a 25% reduction). The base range and the Deadly Strikes range look normal, it's just the Vicious Strikes range that seems to be affected. My guess is the defense's range value (not tooltip value) was tweaked to go up in value causing the Vicious Strikes to have less of an effect overall.

Hoping its not intended. My placements are affected on basically every map with the current range of the trees.

Bro, that’s what I’m saying! I have Builds for every map...it’s really messing it up.  

@Vindicit quote:

Hoping its not intended. My placements are affected on basically every map with the current range of the trees.

its not just dryad, almost every defense now has a range cap. This cap is below what you could get pre patch.

@Sn/+/per quote:

I noticed a difference with the range as well (it's about a 25% reduction). The base range and the Deadly Strikes range look normal, it's just the Vicious Strikes range that seems to be affected. My guess is the defense's range value (not tooltip value) was tweaked to go up in value causing the Vicious Strikes to have less of an effect overall.

No , shards gives same. Dryad world tree just have 3500 max range.

@Machiavellian quote:
@Sn/+/per quote:

No , shards gives same. Dryad world tree just have 3500 max range.

My apologies if I didn't make what I was saying clear enough. I wasn't saying the shards were changed but rather the defense's internal range value itself (which would water down the effect of the Vicious Strikes). Tooltip range is different from the range in the inventory. You could call this internal range. However, after doing some math and checking past range values with current range, I found that:

1. Nigiri is right in saying 'almost' every defense has a range cap.
  2. Tree range is calculated differently than other defenses.

With that said, I'm changing my guess from the range value being tweaked to a solid confirmation of a range cap. With Max Gambit, Deadly Strikes & Vicious Strikes, the cap can be reached on certain defenses (i.e. Ramsters and now Trees). I don't remember what the old value was but without the cap, the Tree would probably be at 4027 tooltip range.