Sign in to follow this  
Daedledood

Suggestion concerning Ascension Resets.

I have a few ideas that I would like to gauge community interest in but I will be putting them out over the next week or two as some will depend on the Protean Shift to know if it they are necessary. The first has to do with Ascension Reset cost.

When Trials was released you still had to level your new characters to 50 manually so the resource cost to reset ascension was a trade off of time vs materials. However we no longer need to manually level our characters, so the cost is mostly irrelevant because we can simple make a new character. This does have its own problem, namely that some players like myself want to keep our rooster of heros organized and since we don't have the option to reorder our heros it can be slightly annoying to remake characters but I would still rather remake my entire deck to fix one issue than pay 200 defender medals for it.

My proposition is this: Make Ascension Resets free. Permanently. We have a free reset period coming up soon, I would like to see it just left on until the team can get around to removing the UI elements and set it in stone.

Thoughts?

"We have a free reset period coming up soon..." - Daedledood

Daedledood, expound!  What do you mean by "free reset"?  Any links to this information?  Attention further grabbed...

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Daedledood, expound!  What do you mean by "free reset"?  Any links to this information?  Attention further grabbed...

Was near the end of the most recent Devstream, it was Lawlta I think who mentioned it. Let me grab the link and see if I cant get a time stamp. Will edit soon

**EDIT**  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273624618  (still looking for the timestamp, long stream and i can only increase play back to x2 lol)

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Yep like Daedledood said, it was near the end of the latest devstream. However, it was Elandrian who said it.

It's a Free Asc and AP (stat) reset week as a Thank-You-For-Being-With-Us as the game going into Year 2. 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Yep like Daedledood said, it was near the end of the latest devstream. However, it was Elandrian who said it.

It's a Free Asc and AP (stat) reset week as a Thank-You-For-Being-With-Us as the game going into Year 2. 

didnt know it did AP too, that is pretty cool XD

Well I was wanting a link because I am not sure what "free" reset actually means. Not price to pay for reset? No armor/weapon/shard levels reset after AP is rolled? Not sure what this entails

@ArchaicLotus quote:

Well I was wanting a link because I am not sure what "free" reset actually means. Not price to pay for reset? No armor/weapon/shard levels reset after AP is rolled? Not sure what this entails

if you look in your ascension window you see the reset bit at the bottom. Currently that costs defender medals or gems, during the free weak it costs nothing to reset ascension. Same with AP I guess, can change your talents without the cost

Ever since they started talking about this change, i have been asking them to give us free ascension resets with it. I am super glad they decided to do it. These kind of changes simply demand it if you ask me. I am very happy that made it in.