Sign in to follow this  
emilian

Gilding Shards - Quick Tip

Backstory = Gilding Shards together takes 10 shards of the same shards, so people have been farming shards for the past 1 or 2 weeks, i have been VERY busy so i didn't have time to farm some myself but many of my friends are farming shards that i would not, in my opinion some of them have been farming the wrong shards ... hence ... this quick tip.

Reason for Gilding = Why you want to gild shards together ? .... That's to save them from Ancient Power Reset, so you want to save gold. that means it's worthless to farm Deadly Strikes for this reason, or Power Transfer ...

Mathematics = if you Gild shards you need 2 Million Gold as far as we know ... so if you Gild Shielding Guard, you are saving 573 k Gold every AP Reset you do. Let's do the math ... after you Reset you have to upgrade Shilelding Guard ... and after second reset you UPgrade the same shard again ... that's 1.1 Milion Gold invested on Your second AP Reset ... the four'th time you Reset you invested 2.3 Milion Gold ... but if you Gild this shard you will never have to upgrade this one ever again ... so in 10 Resets you Lose 5.7 Million Gold if you do NOT Gild this shard ... bu if you Gild it you use 2 Million at the begining but you win 3 Million after the 10'th Reset ... Let's Recap ... you get back your investment in 4'th Reset !

Cheap.jpg

If you Gild Deadly Strike ... that's 134 k Gold every Reset ... 2 Million divided by 134 k = You start to win Gold after the 15'th Reset ... so by comparison you want to Gild Shielding Guard AS SOON AS POSIBLE ... so... if you're C7 and you have enough Deadly Strikes to satisfy your Tower Usage ... you don't have to farm them any more.

Guess What ? ... Lucky you... Both of these Shards are in same Chaos Dificulty ... C3.

Planning to Gild = Doing the same thing for more Shards, i did this list to prioritize what shards should be Gilded first and what i can postpone for later ...

Gilding_Tips.jpg

Bonus Fact ... (to) G I L D means to cover an object in gold ... it's a word in english and should not be confused with GUILD, search Gilding on Google and you can see various objects covered in Gold 

Emoji_Apprentice.png

Post your favorite Shard that you think we should give Priority to ... maybe i'll update the image ... these are just some of the shards i use and i'll try to Gild ASP (Ravenshot is the worst for me ... i only have 6 but most of them i can Gild them already) ... and i didn't even consider to put Critical Strike for Hero (found in C1) because it's just so cheap (44 k) that it's not worth it to Gild it.

Last Advice = i know it's tempting to Gild Speed Boost or Critical Strike or even Bullwark, if you are not rich in gold, save your gold for other Shards ... Refrain yourself from Gilding Speed Boost right from the start, for just 100 Movement speed i don't think it's usefull ... instead Shielding Guard is so much profitable.

I am assuming that all shards require the same amount of gold (2 Million) to upgrade, if the amount of gold difers, this list needs to be recalculated, but i think it's 2 Million no matter what shard we Gild.

Nice post :)

Um I have 56.5 Million gold >.> but still I better be weary of Gilding.

I was wondering, what is the reason behind prioritizing some shards over others? I mean, i guess for me it would be: Destruction, Foritification?

@Machiavellian quote:

U forgot that gilding make shards little more powerful, its main fact for gilding shards.

True, Gilding makes Shards a Little more powerfull, but i am already smashing anything right in front of spawn ... and it's not me ... many players have a very easy time climbing from C1 to C7 ... we are not OP but close to that ... so why Upgrade shards even more when we are already OP ? ... that's why, Main reason for me is Gold Save !

Background Story = I like to play Barbarian (For Now) and only Shards from Axes are 2.2 Million gold of upgrade (i just did the calculation precisely) and the rest of the Gear 1.8 Million (i am counting shards that i have 10 to Gild) ... if i Gild these shards i will cut down Gold Usage by exacly 4 Million every Reset... and this is HUGE ... i use 10 Million every Reset ... so only by Gilding Barbarian i am cutting the gold usage by almost Half.

Not to mention that i Gild Shards for Towers too (2 Million more) ... so in total i will cut down my Gold usage by 60 % or more ... wait ... i didn't tell you how much i earn ... i make 4 to 6 Million every reset ... so without Gilding i lose 10 and i get back 5 Million .... but Tx to this Update, i will only lose 4 Million but i'll get back arround 5 .... that's a steady 1 Million every Reset ... not to mention Gold bonus after 10 Resets ... 

This is just me ... but i think most players have similar Gold usage ... but again ... MY main reason is gold usage not being more OP when i already am OP ... so i don't need more strength to kill goblins in C5 when they die at Spawn anyway ...

Emoji_Monk.png

@Superb_Dog quote:

Um I have 56.5 Million gold >.> but still I better be weary of Gilding.

I was wondering, what is the reason behind prioritizing some shards over others? I mean, i guess for me it would be: Destruction, Foritification?

:) i am Gilding right after update all Shards that are above 200 k Gold usage ...  so Destruction and Fortification looks a good plan ... after next Reset i'll go down to Construtcion, Inspiration ... right now i am curious what Power Transfer does after Gear Revamp (Critical damage becomes Procentage) ... so probably i will not be able to refrain and i wil PROBABLY gild Power Transfer  :) i am still thinking

... But hey .. you're richer than me ... i only have 40 Million and 12 k Deff Medals ... 

@emilian quote:

For now i spend 8.4m gold per reset, 4m from it - for 2 mastery shards. Each reset give me ~10mil without hard gear up per chaos tiers. And its not so helpful to economy 0.5-1 m gold per reset, while u receive 300k gold for each c7 map.

For solo clear c7 for dryad need only one 15k med from c6, so yes u neednt op shards or max gear for lite game.

But for u to know, enemies at 200+ floors in solo game have much more hp than at 65 floor on 4p game. So some dmg bonus will give some help for faster clears.

The problem with this is that it's entirely based around costs of upgrading and not around utility. I would personally never upgrade a shielding guard or explosive guard on an AP run.  The same goes for the retribution shards. That means that the priority would be on utility shards that are used more (fortification, deadly Strikes, Defense Rate, destruction). 

@gotrunks712 quote:

The problem with this is that it's entirely based around costs of upgrading and not around utility. I would personally never upgrade a shielding guard or explosive guard on an AP run.  The same goes for the retribution shards. That means that the priority would be on utility shards that are used more (fortification, deadly Strikes, Defense Rate, destruction). 

This.

One thing I hate about resetting, is I never know where my shards are.

What did I play last reset? What do I want to play now?

Where did I put that shard?

Being able to just plainly leave shards on a hero forever is awesome.

But I think Trendy misses the mark here on this system.

It doesn't help the players it should be helping.

It should help the players who are in the process of resetting. But it really doesn't, due to amount of shards required, cost to gild(is it really 2m? )

I'm not sure how much I will get out of this system, as I still got my shards in the scavenger, so I haven't counted my shards and how many I got of each.

I will probably be able to gild a couple shards, but I have not hoarded 30+ of each shard. 

So if I want to gild them, to prevent them from resetting, I will need to target farm chaos tiers quite a lot..

Which doesn't help me progress in AP.

Maybe my expectation is just wrong, and it is just intended as a QoL after you have reset a lot/ or grinded AFK a ton.

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:

Did I understand you correctly? In order to gild a deadly strikes shard, I need 10 other deadly strike shards to do so? That seems extremely excessive. 

Eyep. Gilded isnt your normal type of gear up. Its ment to be a long term goal 

I'll be interested to see what you get for it. Going on the initial snippets it really doesn't sound like it is worth doing unless you have:

A, maxed bags and vaults and heroes to carry all the stuff whilst you are building up your 10.

B. A whole ton of gold

It is firmly targeted at people with plenty of time to play, the gating of gear\materials after floor 80 kinda sucks but that's Trendy's model.

@Martin Arcainess quote:

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:

Did I understand you correctly? In order to gild a deadly strikes shard, I need 10 other deadly strike shards to do so? That seems extremely excessive. 

Eyep. Gilded isnt your normal type of gear up. Its ment to be a long term goal 

Maybe so, but that is a crazy grind to get there either way. There are A LOT of shards in this game, and no real way to increase your chances of getting one that you are targeting. 

I'm on 7 AP reset, planning to go 50+. For a each run up to 65 floor i use 3 defences and Dps hero. That takes 22 Normal shards and 2 hypershards total. I spend 4M for the normal + 4M for hypershards each reset. 

Each reset gives me 8M gold income on my way to 65. After ONE investment in gilding 44M i will reduce my expences in half. 

Its easy to count that i will get my gold back after 11 more resets. 

As a bonus gilding will give a little damage boost and AP resets increase gold income. 

Summary: Gilding is necesary for players who are plannig to go really far ingame. For the casual players its expencive and not very needed.

I'm super excited about this!

My biggest reason to gild shards, is the quality of life aspect, not having to upgrade the same shard over and over again. Idc about the cost or the efficiency of it, I just want it because its cool. Deadly strikes will be my first to gild shard, because I will use at any point in the game, and I dont want to upgrade it over and over.