Sign in to follow this  
Kruntski

2 thumbs up / 1 thumb DOWN

@LAWLTA quote:
@[UMF] Filthylopez quote:

@Kruntski quote:

Lawta said in another post today that they are talking about 1 map per floor as part of the next big update due in 2-3 months.

I believe he said 1 - 1.5 months after this expansion, we are to expect the next big update. They are still in discussions about what to do with onslaught/AP grinding but yeah, I am keen to see one-map progression (Up to a point probably), maybe depending on the highest floor achieved previously, would dictate which floor you start on, or just start having to do more than one map....WE SHALL SEE

We are getting word out on what's coming at a high level within the next month and a half. We are NOT releasing another big update in that time, it'd honestly be impossible and wreckless.

People (including me):Tell us stuff further out!

Lawlta: Here's what we can say now, I'll be able to give more info in a month or two.

People: Yay! Another free expansion in a month or two!

Lawlta: (cries silently unable to win)

lol. Appreciate what you do Lawlta, and despite being one of the people pushing for changes to certain things, really appreciate all the work of all of you guys at Trendy.

@LAWLTA quote:

@Kruntski quote:

Lawta said in another post today that they are talking about 1 map per floor as part of the next big update due in 2-3 months.

I believe he said 1 - 1.5 months after this expansion, we are to expect the next big update. They are still in discussions about what to do with onslaught/AP grinding but yeah, I am keen to see one-map progression (Up to a point probably), maybe depending on the highest floor achieved previously, would dictate which floor you start on, or just start having to do more than one map....WE SHALL SEE

We are getting word out on what's coming at a high level within the next month and a half. We are NOT releasing another big update in that time, it'd honestly be impossible and wreckless.

You've taken me far too literally [[166314,users]] haha, I wasn't expecting an update like protean shift for a long time, I was trying to be a voice of reason. I fear all these negative player comments have created a looming cloud over our heads. I appreciate the replies from Trendy, always of course :)
I am just enjoying the update, @spreadthelove

You've taken me far too literally LAWLTA haha, I wasn't expecting an update like protean shift for a long time, I was trying to be a voice of reason. I fear all these negative player comments have created a looming cloud over our heads. I appreciate the replies from Trendy, always of course :) I am just enjoying the update, @spreadthelove

I now realize you meant update as in more information, and not as in an addition to the game, hahaha. It was a long day! :D

@Kruntski quote:

I think saving floors is easier than saving waves - similar to like DD1 did it; where you could start at the wave number that you have already beaten.

Man, I'm really curious what they will do.

Part of it is that I am the main source for getting information out, and we have a ton of different platforms that engage with different people. Sometimes it's answering questions asked in one place, and then another, and making a call on what information we can get out. 

The forums are actually one of the least used formats in gaming today, where things such as Twitter and Discord tend to be much better sources to circulate information, as word of mouth to larger audiences takes a lot of the legwork out of it for us. Centralizing the info on what may have been discussed at any point any where would be an entire job on it's own if I tried to do it.

You're also correct, getting interactions on different platforms (specifically Twitter, Facebook, and Discord) has a large benefit. Twitter and Facebook for blasted information about releases and updates, and Discord because it allows people to interact with our community, while they may be interacting with different communities. The accessibility is very nice, and it can also lead to cross-promotion of our game in other places.

@SpottierPower4 quote:

Before providing any suggestions, I would prefer to know where TE is coming from.  Something along the lines of "This is what we're trying to do/avoid with this game-mode."  An onslaught mission statement if you will.

I'll try my best. One of our goals now is to make it a progression system that does not cause frustration through lost progression from previous maps. Losses, disconnects, crashes, or not having enough time can be frustrating as limits to progression. If you lose, our goal is to make it only where you currently are, and not scuff previous victories.

That's the goal for now, and we're currently in planning and preliminary design phases on it, so there's nothing concrete to report. We've heard the feedback, we're just so many people that can do so much work in so much time, but it's on the forefront of our concerns for our next update. I've personally been working with Jose on this to really sculpt it into something the community wants.

Thank you [[181257,users]] for thinking critically about these things critically and in a polite demeanor. It's greatly appreciated! :)

@LAWLTA quote:

I'll try my best. One of our goals now is to make it a progression system that does not cause frustration through lost progression from previous maps. Losses, disconnects, crashes, or not having enough time can be frustrating as limits to progression. If you lose, our goal is to make it only where you currently are, and not scuff previous victories.

That's the goal for now, and we're currently in planning and preliminary design phases on it, so there's nothing concrete to report. We've heard the feedback, we're just so many people that can do so much work in so much time, but it's on the forefront of our concerns for our next update. I've personally been working with Jose on this to really sculpt it into something the community wants.

That would be the answer to so many peoples wish list. I for one would encourage my inactive friends back to play should this materialise.

@Fozzie quote:
@LAWLTA quote:

That would be the answer to so many peoples wish list. I for one would encourage my inactive friends back to play should this materialise.

Agreed. this is the most info on this subject we have seen given out yet. Great info to share with us and i am glad it is being given now. A tiny peek at the roadmap... 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Agreed. this is the most info on this subject we have seen given out yet.

It's similar information I've shared over the past weeks, however, I took the time to respond with a more fleshed out response specifically because of HOW they asked. They not only thought critically about something, but they avoided a common trap a lot of speaking down or demanding an answer.

@LAWLTA quote:
@Jaws_420 quote:

It's similar information I've shared over the past weeks, however, I took the time to respond with a more fleshed out response specifically because of HOW they asked. They not only thought critically about something, but they avoided a common trap a lot of speaking down or demanding an answer.

I have been watching all of your posts, at least on the forums, on this subject. And this info below

@LAWLTA quote:

If you lose, our goal is to make it only where you currently are, and not scuff previous victories.

is not something i have seen posted anywhere as of yet. Maybe i missed it, but i have not seen TE or you specifically say that this was the goal. This one line is huge, and the reason for my comments

Here are examples of the info you were giving before:

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/153966/excitement-for-the-big-update?scrollTo=1319602&page=3

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/153966/excitement-for-the-big-update?scrollTo=1319594&page=3#1319594

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/153966/excitement-for-the-big-update?scrollTo=1319581&page=3#1319581

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/153804/dev-log-98-reforging-upgrading-and-evolution?scrollTo=1318379&page=2#1318379

and before those threads i cannot find a place recently on the forums where you specifically addressed the 3 floor issue in any further detail. The above info only amounted to "we are looking into it" or "had a conversation about it", which was still more than we had seen or heard about this topic before that.  

This is the first time it has been declared that the intention is indeed to fix it, as opposed to just looking at it or talking about it. Given that, i am tad confused and taken back by your response above as it seems you are more talking about some personal issues you are feeling on the boards as opposed to this particular question/issue. This is an obviously heated topic on the boards, and this info from TE took a very long time to come around. Given that, you really should expect a lot of frustration and pushback on the subject, and maybe finally - now some excitement. 

Personally, it is not my top issue, and i could care less if that gets fixed or not. I only play devil's advocate on the subject because of the huge swath of DD2 gamers it affects. 

@LAWLTA quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

I did read this since it was posted but was trying to figure out what to say. It was through what you said, that I became aware that some of the previous questions I've asked might have crossed some lines. More on the demanding part. I never intended for them to demanding but the more I think of them now, I'll admit, that they do actually sound demanding. And I would like to apologize for that. 

I'll try my best to phrase my questions carefully for future questions.