Sign in to follow this  
Kruntski

2 thumbs up / 1 thumb DOWN

Hi Trendo - Delighted to see the new game changes.   I was excited but noticed no mention of changes to the Onslaught 3 maps without save.    I'm already at C7 and have OP gear.  I'd love to min/max my gear with mods and changes to my gear so I can challenge higher onslaught levels or earn AP points but the 3 map system is a show stopper for me.  So I'm still out of the game.

You've already broken the challenge of AP by allowing people to abuse trading so they can easily get their gear back after a reset.  Why are you doggedly sticking to 3 maps without save?

@Kruntski quote:

Hi Trendo - Delighted to see the new game changes.   I was excited but noticed no mention of changes to the Onslaught 3 maps without save.    I'm already at C7 and have OP gear.  I'd love to min/max my gear with mods and changes to my gear so I can challenge higher onslaught levels or earn AP points but the 3 map system is a show stopper for me.  So I'm still out of the game.

You've already broken the challenge of AP by allowing people to abuse trading so they can easily get their gear back after a reset.  Why are you doggedly sticking to 3 maps without save?

you know you cant trade any leveld/modified gear. traded gear must be clean and untouch.

@Kruntski quote:

The three map system is why I play less often now.  Having the time to play through three maps with the chance of a crash, disconnect, or a random mob running over a wall to lose on wave 5 and take a 45 minute run over an hour just isn't worth it most of the time.  We'll see if the update changes things for the better, but the time it takes to complete is just too long.

@123theman123 quote:

you know you cant trade any leveld/modified gear. traded gear must be clean and untouch

OK.  Not trading levelled up gear prevents you from selling the gear as it was before the reset but even just selling all the unlevelled legendary gear in your inventory to a friend gives you a huge boost after a reset since you start with nothing after a reset and it takes quite a while to just find enough legendary items to rebuild your deck.

I think part of the goal of this change was to give you gear that makes beating Onslaught faster, so that might help on the 3 map thing. But given that - i too am surprised that this easily identifiable issue that many many players have an issue with has not been addressed in some way as of yet. In fact they did the opposite - some of the gear now requires items from floors 80+, so now you have to farm high-end Onslaught even more. tsk tsk...knowing many players simply cannot reach those floors, and then tying gear to it - well that tells you who some of these changes were made for...

The three map system should 100% addressed in this coming large and "foundational" update.  It's one of the greatest criticism about the game right now.  How could the biggest issue go untouched?  And I mean more than words written or spoke, with game code.

It takes too long. Estimates vary I guess as does skill, but for me its an hour and a half to complete 3 x Onslaught maps. Setting up, checking every lane and building appropriately for those mobs takes a little time (unlike C7 trials where you can spam some flames and blockades in like 2 mins and G).

I actually love the Onslaught system, just not the 3 map rule as it is now. I rarely have an hour and a half to play in one go, my windows are 20 mins to 1 hour. So its mostly out for me. Personally I would prefer 1 map only, just make it harder if you need to. I don't mind trying a 30 minute, single map floor many time before beating it, because I can do each attempt within a time window I have available.

@Kambien quote:

The three map system should 100% addressed in this coming large and "foundational" update.  It's one of the greatest criticism about the game right now.  How could the biggest issue go untouched?  And I mean more than words written or spoke, with game code.

They've said multiple times AP changes ain't happening in this update. You would expect any changes to be a few months away at least.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265441279?t=00h36m00s

@bfgeleven quote:

It takes too long. Estimates vary I guess as does skill, but for me its an hour and a half to complete 3 x Onslaught maps. Setting up, checking every lane and building appropriately for those mobs takes a little time (unlike C7 trials where you can spam some flames and blockades in like 2 mins and G).

I actually love the Onslaught system, just not the 3 map rule as it is now. I rarely have an hour and a half to play in one go, my windows are 20 mins to 1 hour. So its mostly out for me. Personally I would prefer 1 map only, just make it harder if you need to. I don't mind trying a 30 minute, single map floor many time before beating it, because I can do each attempt within a time window I have available.

Yep, the 3 map floors take 1 hour time gameplay. It is not very much. Most games have events and modes that require MUCH more time.  When i don't have 1 hour to play - i play trials to farm shards. When i have more free time - i rush onslaught. So, what is the problem with the game?

It is not very much.

Not to you, to me it is. I takes me longer than 1 hour, perhaps I am slower, but 1.5 hours is usually too much time in one go for me, I am a casual player. I also play C7 trials because thats the only mode I can play in the time I have, but its very boring when you have maxxed out all heroes.

I am just saying for Tredy to cater for casual players with smaller time windows per session of play, Onlslaught needs to change from a 3-map policy. I guess change, specifically whether change is worth the dev time for TE,  depends if I am an exception, or if many players are the same as me.

@AFreakinCabbag3 quote:
@Kambien quote:

They've said multiple times AP changes ain't happening in this update. You would expect any changes to be a few months away at least.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265441279?t=00h36m00s

I believe the very point of the post you are responding to is that - (some of us feel) it should have been in this one. 

I think this stems from another communication issue with TE. One of the reasons we have asked so much for a roadmap of some kind is so that we do not keep getting surprised as to when things are happening and coming out (or conversely - not happening). Part of the idea of having the forum at all and the whole model of a company that listens and changes the game to some level based on feedback - is that the feedback that a majority of the base has will be taken serious and something done about it. Now granted that is way easier said than done - but that is the whole point about communication. The 3 map things could easily be called the biggest issue in DD2 right now, in terms of pain points that we see players complaining about in the forums. Yes - that is subjective, but you cannot doubt that it is up there. So the fact that this issue is not on the forefront of any next change - only confuses us who believe this whole forum to actual game things works. Even if it is not in this update, or the next - simply telling us they know its an issue, and indeed it will be changed- would go soooooooo much further then the info blackout we tend to get. TE has done a great job with this update increasing the amount of communications they do. I applaud them for that effort. The next step is instead of shotgunning pieces of the info on just the next piece out - is to let us know how everything fits together in the DD2 overall plan. What is the 6 month goal, and where in that 6 months do major player issues have a chance at seeing the light of day. 

So i think that is the base of this argument. Not so much why that issue was not specifically fixed in this update - as i am sure TE (hopefully) has very valid reasons for it, but more importantly - why do we have no idea if and when it will get fixed at all? The only hints we get are things like "we are looking at Onslaught" which is too vague to quell the worry. 

Maybe if each update had a section in it about things they are working on, but will not be released until another update, along with notes about why and the progress they are making, along with a proposed release ETA. The we could at least see that the 3-map thing was even on the menu. Because if it is not - we should complain even more, and if it is - we should shut up. Instead we are in the dark on this piece, confused, and doing the only thing we now how to do - voicing our frustrations. Same goes with many of the bugs. They usually take longer to fix then our patience is willing to wait, due to a lack of info about progress. I think people would wait a heck of a lot longer if they were given piecemeal updates about things.  

And who knows - maybe in some future update, between MODs and game fixes - the 3 map thing will no longer be an issue because we can now beat levels more quickly and the game crashes less. That is one possibility... 

@AFreakinCabbag3 quote:
@Jaws_420 quote:...

I read the post as if there was an expectation it was included.

That was exactly the issue i was trying to address with the rest of my response. The reason why players think that way. Many do expect it to be in this update, even though TE has said it would not be. Simply because they feel it is important; too important for it to not be. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

I think this stems from another communication issue with TE. One of the reasons we have asked so much for a roadmap of some kind is so that we do not keep getting surprised as to when things are happening and coming out (or conversely - not happening). Part of the idea of having the forum at all and the whole model of a company that listens and changes the game to some level based on feedback - is that the feedback that a majority of the base has will be taken serious and something done about it. 

[above edited for length]

I wonder if some of the problem is the devs doing a lot of the communicating on the discord. Stuff they say there doesn't necessarily filter through everywhere else; and also exacerbates the problem all game developers have of hearing from the vocal hardcore minority an extremely disproportionate amount compared to the percent of the player base they represent. (Trendy looking at numbers as they did when deciding on a shards to gilded shard ratio was a great way to combat this, though I do think their stats guy forget you're supposed to drop the top and bottom couple percent as outliers lol)

Add into stuff said in discord not necessarily being said everywhere else the fact not everything said in dev stream makes it directly to the forums, and vice versa. And Lawlta makes an effort to communicate even more ways, taking the time to answer questions on Juicebag videos for example.

Ultimately, the more I think about it, they put a ton of effort into communicating, more than most game devs; but maybe it gets lost because of how spread out it is. Pretty sure I knew a fix for 3 floors wasn't coming this update, but couldn't tell you which place or when I heard it. I suppose if I knew that onslaught change wasn't coming this update, others could, and we players bear some responsibility for communicating too. As you suggested, a set roadmap might alleviate some of this, maybe put out a couple weeks after each expansion patch notes?

@Kruntski quote:

save map option  NO No NO, i want a save wave option, i failed on wave 5/5 on the third map and boom added anther 20 odd mins, you fail twice thats anther 40mins to an hour added 0-0

Lawta said in another post today that they are talking about 1 map per floor as part of the next big update due in 2-3 months.

@Kruntski quote:

Lawta said in another post today that they are talking about 1 map per floor as part of the next big update due in 2-3 months.

I believe he said 1 - 1.5 months after this expansion, we are to expect the next big update. They are still in discussions about what to do with onslaught/AP grinding but yeah, I am keen to see one-map progression (Up to a point probably), maybe depending on the highest floor achieved previously, would dictate which floor you start on, or just start having to do more than one map....WE SHALL SEE

@Kruntski quote:

I really hope while the map count lessens, the floor count stays where it is. 'Cause if the floor count increases, it kinda defeat a purpose the lessens the tediousness aspect.

However, I suppose the true purpose is to be able to progress normally. So maybe most likely the floor count will increases to compensate less maps.

But hey, as I said, perceptions may change once this expansion rolls out,

@Jaws_420 quote:
@AFreakinCabbag3 quote:
@Jaws_420 quote:...

I read the post as if there was an expectation it was included.

That was exactly the issue i was trying to address with the rest of my response. The reason why players think that way. Many do expect it to be in this update, even though TE has said it would not be. Simply because they feel it is important; too important for it to not be. 

#nailed_it

@[UMF] Filthylopez quote:

@Kruntski quote:

I believe he said 1 - 1.5 months after this expansion, we are to expect the next big update. They are still in discussions about what to do with onslaught/AP grinding but yeah, I am keen to see one-map progression (Up to a point probably), maybe depending on the highest floor achieved previously, would dictate which floor you start on, or just start having to do more than one map....WE SHALL SEE

We are getting word out on what's coming at a high level within the next month and a half. We are NOT releasing another big update in that time, it'd honestly be impossible and wreckless.

Is no one else the least bit curious as to how the OP has 3 thumbs?!?