Sign in to follow this  
Daedledood

Feedback on Devstream Info. Very Long Post.

Great thread. I agree with many many of the points laid out here. Thank you for posting this. 

Don't feed the trolls. Obviously the only poster on this thread not in agreement did not come here to have a discussion on the topic, but to incite and call people names. It is indeed possible to have a different opinion and still be respectful. 

@Plasma quote:

I would like to know who exactly has been making the argument that we should be able to gild shards incredibly quickly? 

Am I going crazy? I do not see anybody saying this.

TE and leaderbaords have been so far. Lawlta actually said their goal was that so players did not gild something in "1-2 hours". I'm still reeling from that comment. I'd love to know who is getting 10 DS shards in a couple hours. 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

I agree that on that (though I woudn't say "childish and stupid" with anger cause that's stupid) if it were on the two stat thing. As there's no doubt we have not experienced M.O.D.S. But this? This clearly spells grindfest that's heavily dependant on RNG. That's why the cost is too high.

Take away the RNG factor and we most likely wouldn't mind this.

Yeah, the real issue here is the drop rate of certain shards, not necessarily the gild amount. Shards that every DEF uses should not drop at the same rate that shards that only apply to 1 hero and 1 DEF. Things like Deadly Strikes should drop at an increased rate to account for this but instead we have the exact opposite in DD2, and that is the true heart of the anger in this issue IMO. 

It's rather unfortunate.  They are given the keys to progress.  The keys to what would bring their game back into the stage light.  Their first few announcements had generated quite a bit of hype, and rightfully so; however, the classic trendy steps in where a great idea is implemented very poorly.  Gating content continues.  

I make the same plead I made a month, month and a half ago, to learn from games that are Indie and Triple A titles alike - Warframe, Diablo 3.  They had to go back to the drawing board and take away and redefine in ways that were a pain to take away but laid the foundation to give more.  There was no harm, no foul, no fluctuation in your reputation as a development studio as each made things right and it has been shown and demonstrated time and time again in post / recent updates.

So much progress to quickly be shot to pieces.  

We have been through years of over hauls.  Years of Trendy carving their own path to go back to the player base to ask how to fix their game.  You can tell Trendy internally gets so hyped up because they see and hear and understand and can visualize the game and the synergy it would bring by implementing these ideas.  Just to have them shredded by subsequent updates.

Does more energy go into being hopeful about DD2's future or telling myself to wait it out?  Neither of which should be the question.  It should be the energy to continue the grind.  Ascension and full resets where there is more gated content.  Fan fricking tastic.

@Superb_Dog quote:

Yea the drop rates should be changed. I just want everyone to be happy.

Or just remove the resets from AP, and have gilding just be something that gives the slight bump in stats for shards. Then you are making AP accessible to the more casual players, and leaving gilding in as something for the more hardcore players. Just make heros unable to equip gear for content they haven't completed since last reset, the same way they won't be able to trade/buy it in this update. Add in an escalating gold cost to AP reset, and you remove the inflation this would cause.

@Jaws_420 quote:
@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

I agree that on that (though I woudn't say "childish and stupid" with anger cause that's stupid) if it were on the two stat thing. As there's no doubt we have not experienced M.O.D.S. But this? This clearly spells grindfest that's heavily dependant on RNG. That's why the cost is too high.

Take away the RNG factor and we most likely wouldn't mind this.

Yeah, the real issue here is the drop rate of certain shards, not necessarily the gild amount. Shards that every DEF uses should not drop at the same rate that shards that only apply to 1 hero and 1 DEF. Things like Deadly Strikes should drop at an increased rate to account for this but instead we have the exact opposite in DD2, and that is the true heart of the anger in this issue IMO. 

Exactly. However, I can probably understand why the shards have the "same" drop chance. If there is ever a scenarios where one wants to farm other shards and DS keeps coming, it might be annoying. Though the funny thing is that day where one stops farming for DS may never come...

That's why I personally prefer specific shard crafting. As I said, this gives more power into our hand on planning. Imagine every match you play and you acquire shards, you know you are a few shards closer to another DS as you disenchant them for dust.

Honestly as someone who CAN go hardcore on this game game but has near zero motivation to even play it. The gilding, dusting and shards being lost on AP reset is not going to help the game. If anything what they should do is reset all your levels on shards to 0 when you reset plus they get locked away and you get to use/lvl them once you hit the chaos lvl required to use them. That way it solves the 10 shards part. The benefit guilding is that you can use them right away after AP reset, they don't reset and they are stronger.

Those of us here are the 1% of the community as the majority do not go on forums. Those of us on the forums who actually have played a decent bit are the .0001% of the community and currently that is not that big of a community. This is a damn free2play sequel to a popular game, this game should be a lot more popular than it is. Now why should the majority of people even want to reset? Also 10:1 should be more like 3-5:1 for dusting. If they want to add trading then maybe increase it? If you factor in trading it would probably balance out demand with supply.