Sign in to follow this  
Superb_Dog

Excitement for the big update?

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Make it a 9. Sand Viper is gonna suck more than it already does :(

I don't know.  I'm hoping this update will make sand viper(without split viper shard) super powerful.  Since they are bumping defense power damage scaling and sand viper scales better than most defenses from defense power due to how its damage ramping works.   Right now it ramps up to almost double the base normal damage by the third hit.  It still pales in comparison to crit damage with how crit damage scaling is currently off the charts, but with the changes it should be one of the more powerful if not the most powerful single target towers in the game.  Knowing my luck you'll be right and it'll continue to suck.  But I'm going to choose to stay positive and hope it melts those pesky Lady Orcs down to their nasty lady orc parts faster than I can say "Dern Zerker!" 

My excitement level is at a 10 and holding steady.  M.O.D.S are going to be such a huge game changer.  

The ramping only applies to base defense power of the tower, not its boosted DP from gear/shards/etc, so the ramp-up is currently negligible in anywhere but campaign. As a single-target tower its woefully under-par with all others in terms of both utility use and damage. With Split Vipers it gains some usability, but at 0.5s max firing speed and sacrificing 20% of its DP (and the pointless ramp-up) just to hit multiple targets that other towers already do without sacrifice. As is, it's a gimmick, and the 20% sacrifice to DP will hit it even harder with this update.

The only good thing about SV at the moment is its scaling values as a 30DU tower.

@Duk420 quote:

@Little Magic Hat quote:

I don't know.  I'm hoping this update will make sand viper(without split viper shard) super powerful.  Since they are bumping defense power damage scaling and sand viper scales better than most defenses from defense power due to how its damage ramping works.   Right now it ramps up to almost double the base normal damage by the third hit.  It still pales in comparison to crit damage with how crit damage scaling is currently off the charts, but with the changes it should be one of the more powerful if not the most powerful single target towers in the game.  Knowing my luck you'll be right and it'll continue to suck.  But I'm going to choose to stay positive and hope it melts those pesky Lady Orcs down to their nasty lady orc parts faster than I can say "Dern Zerker!" 

My excitement level is at a 10 and holding steady.  M.O.D.S are going to be such a huge game changer.  

I haven't played much since mastery update,  but this one has me excited to come back. I'll go with a 7 out of 10. I'm definitely going to be playing again, but unsure if the changes are good enough to keep me in it again. 

Side note. This game is a grind game, always has been. To say this update will make it grindier, while true, is just stating the obvious. I grinded for weeks before I got my first DS shard. Boring as it was I accepted it to be the game. And now I will grind more. But at least with component drops there are reasons to play different maps other than because I'm bored of one. Or at least that's one of my many hopes.

Excitement.,.. 1 through 10... Probably feeling a 4.  Still not a fan of losing all progress to ascension - still a pointless reset when the end game points could have been combined.  Farming gilded shards.

Then again, I'll still play to find out about it all.

But this patch should be given some more time.  Hate to burst others bubbles who want it sooner but Trendy asking questions about what would make things better in this patch should be done now before the patch releases.  This is the fifth or sixth major release to redefine large aspects of the game.  We still cannot play any difficulty on any map.  We're gated in progress.  Again, ascension resets - this is not clicker heroes.

My two cents... and yes I am biased. >.<

@Kambien quote:

We still cannot play any difficulty on any map. 

... but this is coming with Expeditions.

As for your other posts, we've stated multiple times over the past few months, Onslaught and AP are getting a ton of attention with our next update, almost entirely based off player feedback. Stuff just takes time. If you have extra time, a time generator, or time machine that goes back in time (none of that Timetraveller movie shenanigans where it only goes forward) that you can give us, I'll give you everything in the game, forever.

@LAWLTA quote:

@Kambien quote:

As for your other posts, we've stated multiple times over the past few months, Onslaught and AP are getting a ton of attention with our next update, almost entirely based off player feedback. Stuff just takes time. If you have extra time, a time generator, or time machine that goes back in time (none of that Timetraveller movie shenanigans where it only goes forward) that you can give us, I'll give you everything in the game, forever.

While I don't know about this game, most game developers are already neck deep into work on the following expansion when one comes out. Which would mean a lot of what we are getting now was already being worked on in some stage or another by the time problems with AP were really recognized. Them pivoting to get us re-rolls and replays was probably a less development-time intensive temporary solution, then finishing this content & getting it out before putting a ton of attention to Onslaught and AP, makes sense (to me at least) when you think about it from that perspective. Plus, some of this update might be enabling some of the next one where AP is addressed.

@LAWLTA quote:

...... we've stated multiple times over the past few months, Onslaught and AP are getting a ton of attention with our next update, almost entirely based off player feedback.

I choose to interpret the above statement as meaning that everything I want to change will be changed in the next update.

I also choose to be very disappointed when my previous statement turns out to not be completely incorrect.

[Above statements are intended to be sarcastic so please don't take them seriously]

@RustyCounterweight quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

...... we've stated multiple times over the past few months, Onslaught and AP are getting a ton of attention with our next update, almost entirely based off player feedback.

I choose to interpret the above statement as meaning that everything I want to change will be changed in the next update.

I also choose to be very disappointed when my previous statement turns out to not be completely incorrect.

[Above statements are intended to be sarcastic so please don't take them seriously]

I choose to inform you that I was involved in a discussion today about one map floor progression.

I also choose to be very disappointed if we don't have information at a high level of what's coming within the next month and a half after Protean Shift is released.

@LAWLTA quote:

I choose to inform you that I was involved in a discussion today about one map floor progression.

I also choose to be very disappointed if we don't have information at a high level of what's coming within the next month and a half after Protean Shift is released.

BEANS!!

@Little Magic Hat quote:

The ramping only applies to base defense power of the tower, not its boosted DP from gear/shards/etc, so the ramp-up is currently negligible in anywhere but campaign. As a single-target tower its woefully under-par with all others in terms of both utility use and damage. With Split Vipers it gains some usability, but at 0.5s max firing speed and sacrificing 20% of its DP (and the pointless ramp-up) just to hit multiple targets that other towers already do without sacrifice. As is, it's a gimmick, and the 20% sacrifice to DP will hit it even harder with this update.

The only good thing about SV at the moment is its scaling values as a 30DU tower.

@Duk420 quote:

@Little Magic Hat quote:

I don't think it works like that but I could be wrong.  I have tested it putting both destruction and mass destruction shards on at the same time.  At rank 1 with both shards the normal damage was roughly 300k, starting on the third hit of a dummy it would hit for 600k on non crit strikes.  That's double the base damage after boosts from two DP increasing shards.  My understanding of the upcoming changes is they will  increase damage from defense power and crit will be a multiplier of defense power damage.  That would effectively make  sand viper hits the same as a crit with a 100% damage multiplier on every strike after the second.   That sounds like it should be pretty awesome especially since you won't have to use any crit shards or mods, allowing you to just stack DP as much as possible.

But like I said initially I could be wrong on how it works.  I have been bashing my head on floor 100 for 2 days now and those wonderful lady orcs keep sneaking past my walls.  I thought I had that problem mostly solved for the last 50 floors but apparently I'm wrong about that.   

@LAWLTA quote:

@Kambien quote:

the problem here LAWLTA is rather simple yet you guys keep making the same mistake, allot of people are mentioning onslaught and AP changes despite the fact you stating changes  are coming. A very simple solution to end the curiosity and repeated question is simply create a dedicated post on new feed addresing this topic specifically and maybe you could throw in a teaser or what we can look forward to.... SIMPLES. C   

@Uchihia quote:
the problem here LAWLTA is rather simple yet you guys keep making the same mistake, allot of people are mentioning onslaught and AP changes despite the fact you stating changes  are coming. A very simple solution to end the curiosity and repeated question is simply create a dedicated post on new feed addresing this topic specifically and maybe you could throw in a teaser or what we can look forward to.... SIMPLES. C   

We've thoroughly communicated plans regarding Onslaught and Ancient Power, specifically when they'd be addressed, for months now. Making a News post that "we're eventually looking into Onslaught and Ancient Power" gets pushed down by other News posts causing less visibility over time, contains nothing that we haven't communicated in other News posts, making it pointless to actually make one until we have concrete information to discuss.

We're also releasing an expansion that changes how everything in the game works. While being in the planning stages for AP and Onslaught changes, the way players interact with this expansion could greatly change any plans. Showing any plans early that we aren't 100% on at all could backfire completely. If we did your "simple solution", it'd actually be incredibly misguided.

I also just said that within a month and a half of the release of this Expansion, we'd be discussing upcoming additions and changes. So now you have a timeline for when to expect information. If you'd prefer that we didn't even put information like that out, we can avoid doing so, though it's the exact opposite of what I've seen the community ask for.

We just shared a little teaser for what's to come, and instead it's being spun into a negative, which really pushes back the desire for us to do so in the future. You're also really downplaying how complicated things are quite a bit. It's easier to be a commentator from the outside looking in, but I assure you, things are not that "simple".

@Uchihia quote:

A very simple solution to end the curiosity and repeated question is simply create a dedicated post on new feed addresing this topic specifically and maybe you could throw in a teaser or what we can look forward to.... SIMPLES. C   

If your concern is ending the "curiosity and repeated questions", why not create your own "Bean Counter" thread?   You could keep the rest of us up to date on any beans that the devs drop, it would be in one place and it wouldn't involve the devs having to drop any (potentially) imaginary beans.   Think about it!

@LAWLTA quote:

Thanks for the 1 map per floor beanz.  Made my day!!!!!

@LAWLTA quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

1 map per floor? No please :(

@Uchihia quote:

A very simple solution to end the curiosity and repeated question is simply create a dedicated post on new feed addresing this topic specifically and maybe you could throw in a teaser or what we can look forward to.... SIMPLES. C   

If your concern is ending the "curiosity and repeated questions", why not create your own "Bean Counter" thread?   You could keep the rest of us up to date on any beans that the devs drop, it would be in one place and it wouldn't involve the devs having to drop any (potentially) imaginary beans.   Think about it!

i never once implied complete details should be provided, the 'simple' part was to ensure there was some sort of official trail regarding this matter whether is be a short twitter post or small news post on the forum stating as simply as lawlta just did.

may i ask what imaginary beans are you referring to?, if your being sarcastic you really need to work on it  

@Uchihia quote:

@Uchihia quote:

i never once implied complete details should be provided, the 'simple' part was to ensure there was some sort of official trail regarding this matter whether is be a short twitter post or small news post on the forum stating as simply as lawlta just did.

may i ask what imaginary beans are you referring to?, if your being sarcastic you really need to work on it  

No sarcasm (in this instance!), I am saying that a user generated thread would avoid the dev's concern about providing us with info that gets changed after they release it and a thread like that would allow for people to post any beans they come across [from different places such as forums, dev streams, so on..) would provide maximum [reliable] information in a single spot.