Sign in to follow this  
danielmenezes

Concerns about upcoming new updates

At some time ago i made a thread about suggestions for changes in this game.

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/153789/big-threat-about-changes-and-new-ideas-for-the-game

About what i suggest before anything get revealed and what seems to be coming, only the balance defenses(assuming than they will change the damage ratio of defenses instead of reproduce the % that already has in a new way) and the chaos hard mode that seems now pointless because they changed chaos and the reward that i was imagining will become a new feature (gilding shards) that will empower shards over his initial cap at some price.

Doesn't look like will happen anything regard to onslaught, new game modes or new units/balance units that i write..The incursion maps ancient power should be at least reviewed because the way that is now is awfull for casual players like me and is not rewarded in terms of difficulty.

These new features seems good but what really will happen with the balance with the game and progression?

What exactly concern me is about what will change with damage of defenses and mobs in the game...

They are investing a lot of effort about critical damage rework and others fundamental mechanics that will change how defense works but if enemies keep in the same pace of +70% die easilly to aura..If is the other way around will be tough to hold lines and maybe just like now people will select a few choosen defenses.

Two stats for defenses and weapons...I could list a lot of things that could go wrong but the one of them is how to use hybrid defense like colossus if we can only have two stats and he need speed as well to hit enemies or is just best choose another blockade..

Those new modes is very unknown and i don't want to write but at least about the expedition if you don't have the option of set the difficulty in terms of onslaught lv for example will be just as boring as is chaos trials now

The thing that really could turn my excitement about this update to frustration is if they bring new options but the breaking point of improve your things is way too costly in terms of time and effort.What state will be advantage over what its now and if we just gonna need to search for items to empower our things for a little bit but become more mandatory?..

Will have more variety of options but if the difficulty increase we gonna depend more of those and if decrease we may not need to do a lot of effort.

For me that i'm more like a casual player and i give more praise if the game become more strategical base and i like to do creative builds will be a lot time consuming to get to a good state and i don't mind if brings something fresh and i have fun but if i feel that is a effort to reach the same point i may stop playing untill comes something about gameplay like new competitive game modes or units that turn the game more challenging..

I'm being crazy about those concerns or is a valid way of thinking?

Anyone see other potential problems with this new update in relation with the way you play or for a niche..?

Protean Shift is a large but foundational update. That's why those changes aren't there. Believe me, I would definitely love those changes to be here (Ancient power and Onslaught). But I'll accept whatever that comes.

As for the concerns about gear and relics. There's two compensation :

1. Stat increasement. 11k (relic-wise) for C3? That's something. Before you go tell me that the dev use a C5 or 6 gear in the devstream, I am sure it isn't. Aside from gear score, the gear will now let you know which Chaos tier it's on.

2.  M.O.D.S. Well, you could always have a Speed, Crit dmg, Crit chance, Health and other basic stat as your mods instead of using other fancy jimjams.

Ok, I will try my hand at this one. I have read both your threads and I think I have a good grasp of what you are trying to say through what seems to be a language barrier and incorrect naming on some parts. I don't want this to sound bad or rude but I can't seem to shake the feeling that you don't have a ton of time or knowledge in the game to make balance suggestions at this scale. 

In the original post there were lots of parts I just flat out didn't agree were needed or good for changes. In this post, it seems you are concerned that some of your changes won't work with new systems and that will most likely be because Trendy has a roadmap they follow that spans much further than 6 months and they had considered and planned these out well in advance.

I can say that with this patch revealed before you made your first post that you jumped the gun on suggestions and you will most likely have to revise everything based on the new system.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Believe me, I would definitely love those changes to be here 

Just in case this will be misunderstood, I meant Ancient Power, Onslaught and Incursion. I have not actually fully read the Big "Threat" O' changes (Seriously? Big THREAT!? It actually implies that the changes and suggestion are a THREAT.). But I did skim it and yeah like Exglint there are some stuff that I don't really agree with.

So the changes I mean could be anything that Trendy or other cooks up.

@Exglint quote:

Ok, I will try my hand at this one. I have read both your threads and I think I have a good grasp of what you are trying to say through what seems to be a language barrier and incorrect naming on some parts. I don't want this to sound bad or rude but I can't seem to shake the feeling that you don't have a ton of time or knowledge in the game to make balance suggestions at this scale. 

In the original post there were lots of parts I just flat out didn't agree were needed or good for changes. In this post, it seems you are concerned that some of your changes won't work with new systems and that will most likely be because Trendy has a roadmap they follow that spans much further than 6 months and they had considered and planned these out well in advance.

I can say that with this patch revealed before you made your first post that you jumped the gun on suggestions and you will most likely have to revise everything based on the new system.

Yes, i don't have a lot of time in this game and about knowledge i didn't witness the development of this game overtime or played high levels..What i tried to do is give my perspective of what i think that would be good for the game..With ballance i may be completelly wrong but about ideas everything could take another shape if the core is good.

For me the game should be more focus about defenses/mobs relation..It's a delicate matter and for me  explain exactly without seems shallow but with defenses being somewhat ballance and new mobs with different traits appearing would give more use for certain defenses and need to think more instead of recycle builds..

The inclusion of new units, maps/mutators would create more depth and difficulty..Onslaught being less restrictive and with his own progression.New game modes that have his own way of play and rewards and niche.Not need have grind to evolve but receive a respective advantage if you do.

Most of the things that is about to be released there is no relation with i write and i don't think than even lawlta saw the post..My concern is about what's gonna change for this game..I believe that trendy know what's is doing..If you had send this message before the barbarian update i would doubt about that.

Yes, but i don't think about game modes (not the chaos mode) I will change my mind..

Thanks for take the time to read those posts and respond here..I probably should had done in parts like jaws write down and with this people would be willing to give a feed back.

@danielmenezes quote:

@Exglint quote:

Yes, i don't have a lot of time in this game and about knowledge i didn't witness the development of this game overtime or played high levels..What i tried to do is give my perspective of what i think that would be good for the game..With ballance i may be completelly wrong but about ideas everything could take another shape if the core is good.

For me the game should be more focus about defenses/mobs relation..It's a delicate matter and for me  explain exactly without seems shallow but with defenses being somewhat ballance and new mobs with different traits appearing would give more use for certain defenses and need to think more instead of recycle builds..

The inclusion of new units, maps/mutators would create more depth and difficulty..Onslaught being less restrictive and with his own progression.New game modes that have his own way of play and rewards and niche.Not need have grind to evolve but receive a respective advantage if you do.

Most of the things that is about to be released there is no relation with i write and i don't think than even lawlta saw the post..My concern is about what's gonna change for this game..I believe that trendy know what's is doing..If you had send this message before the barbarian update i would doubt about that.

Yes, but i don't think about game modes (not the chaos mode) I will change my mind..

Thanks for take the time to read those posts and respond here..I probably should had done in parts like jaws write down and with this people would be willing to give a feed back.

Everyone should express their opinion and qualify it with what experience they have to put it in perspective. I personally disagree with almost everything you said .... except your opinion on IHOP changing their name to IHOB that was just a bad idea.

Oh and Lawlta sees everything.

Protean Shift is a large but foundational update. That's why those changes aren't there. Believe me, I would definitely love those changes to be here (Ancient power and Onslaught). But I'll accept whatever that comes.

As for the concerns about gear and relics. There's two compensation :

1. Stat increasement. 11k (relic-wise) for C3? That's something. Before you go tell me that the dev use a C5 or 6 gear in the devstream, I am sure it isn't. Aside from gear score, the gear will now let you know which Chaos tier it's on.

2.  M.O.D.S. Well, you could always have a Speed, Crit dmg, Crit chance, Health and other basic stat as your mods instead of using other fancy jimjams.

The protean shift probably will make the vault became much more valuable if all the m.o.d.s take space in your inventory.I think i saw in some post something about onslaught and AP changes for the next update..If this is right maybe we won't wait for long.

This is good news and makes me believe also than mobs will be reworked..Maybe they will give a bonus for upgrade a weapon from ch1 to ch7 for example because would seems pointless to have a option to upgrade and do a lot of work to push a relic/weapon to become equall to a ch7 stuffs.

If they bring m.o.d.s for improving every stats and give a base stat for defenses that doesn't make them unplayable for hybrids this will be awesome and the limitations of 2 stats won't be noticeable.

Believe me, I would definitely love those changes to be here 

Just in case this will be misunderstood, I meant Ancient Power, Onslaught and Incursion. I have not actually fully read the Big "Threat" O' changes (Seriously? Big THREAT!? It actually implies that the changes and suggestion are a THREAT.). But I did skim it and yeah like Exglint there are some stuff that I don't really agree with.

So the changes I mean could be anything that Trendy or other cooks up.

I should had used thread.rsrsr

It's understandable.I would like to now what is a consense of disagreement..probably about defense.

Probably about the new units/boss is the only thing relevant to read since you read the onslaught and new game modes

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

This part is the most correct thing in this thread (other things are also correct, this is just an undeniable fact). I've seen both this thread and the original thread. Threads of this nature are meant to promote discussion and see how the ideas are received by the community (for instance, the responses to this thread). If it's something that gains traction, then we'll see the direction things have gone, and comment on it to some extent. 

Private messaging or tagging developers to look at your ideas will usually not invoke a response.

@LAWLTA quote:

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

This part is the most correct thing in this thread (other things are also correct, this is just an undeniable fact). I've seen both this thread and the original thread. Threads of this nature are meant to promote discussion and see how the ideas are received by the community (for instance, the responses to this thread). If it's something that gains traction, then we'll see the direction things have gone, and comment on it to some extent. 

Private messaging or tagging developers to look at your ideas will usually not invoke a response.

Make sense your position with posts..There is a lot of threads being released over a small period of time and you need to see the repercussion of everything before considering anything.

I made this thread expecting some opinion about two things..Defense power/mobs power related with the new stuffs in the game (paloverde respond) and time/difficulty of grind/necessity of this with progression.

i wasn't expecting finding feedback from the other post since i put more like a quote to do a relation about past/present.

At least for me with this post i changed my impression about the dd2 forum and how i will use this account from now on.

About this sorry.I didn't know than this is bad seen and i definitely won't do it again.

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

Everyone should express their opinion and qualify it with what experience they have to put it in perspective. I personally disagree with almost everything you said .... except your opinion on IHOP changing their name to IHOB that was just a bad idea.

What you are talking about with IHOP/IHOB?

I don't know if this is a abbreviation of something or unrelated.

@danielmenezes quote:

What you are talking about with IHOP/IHOB?

I don't know if this is a abbreviation of something or unrelated.

LOL - USA restaurant changing its name. Last letter going from "International House of Pancakes" to"Burgers" instead as the final word. They are getting into a new food item there, so a big marketing campaign to go with it. Overall it was a lot of hype for something so small and meaningless in the big picture. Yeah...they have burgers. Neat. 

Was best trolled by Burger king, who changed their name to Pancake King just to taunt them. Love it.