Sign in to follow this  
Daedledood

Gunwitch Shard: Critical Restoration. Bugged?

I recently started playing the Gunwitch again and found the Critical Restoration weapon shard, it reads "Primary Attack critical hits restore 5 Broom Power' and currently drops in C2. Given the potential power of this shard on an AP/HCD Gunwitch with the Megashark I put it on and bought the Megashark right away.

Now for the potential bug, this shard doesn't seem to work at all. With testing on enemies in active missions and on the target dummy in the Dawn of The Blood Moon incursion I was never able to restore additional Broom Power using this shard even while using several different guns and shot types. If this shard was no longer dropping it wouldn't be as big of a deal but it is still dropping. Am I doing something wrong (somehow) or does it just not work?

That has to be a bit tough to test, since you constantly gain broom power back all the time. I guess you have to be looking for a tiny spike in BP gain. Do you also have your hero crit % chance maxed out with ascension points so that you are at the 30% soft cap? You should be getting a crit very 3rd bullet at that rate, and with the Megashark (best weapon ever BTW), it should rain crits down. I was not aware of any issues with this shard though. May have to test it tonight now. 

So, here i am again this time with Snipe Critical Power. Since Critical Restoration does not work i was looking for another shard and remembered the snipe shards so i tried them with mixed result, they seem erratic at best.

The shard works, sometimes, but tends to require removing the weapon and equipping it again. I haven't had issue like this on other characters, the Gunwitch seems to have several buggy shards.

@Jaws_420 quote:

That has to be a bit tough to test, since you constantly gain broom power back all the time. I guess you have to be looking for a tiny spike in BP gain. Do you also have your hero crit % chance maxed out with ascension points so that you are at the 30% soft cap? You should be getting a crit very 3rd bullet at that rate, and with the Megashark (best weapon ever BTW), it should rain crits down. I was not aware of any issues with this shard though. May have to test it tonight now. 

Considering the fire rate of the Megashark it would not be a tiny spike in BP. You seem to gain 3 BP per tick, having 5+ BP on each  rit would be a LOT of BP with the Megashark but i notice no extra BP. I wasn't even able to notice a single bump watching back some footage, had there just been a bump i would assume an internal cooldown (which would need to be noted on the shard if so) but there was nothing that i could see.

Have you tried shooting the enemy in the face/head?  I am just wondering if the crits are tied to head shots at all. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Have you tried shooting the enemy in the face/head?  I am just wondering if the crits are tied to head shots at all. 

Unless i missed a major hitbox overhaul while i was gone i don't think enemies have 'heads' to headshot.

@Daedledood quote:

Unless i missed a major hitbox overhaul while i was gone i don't think enemies have 'heads' to headshot.

What???? Exactly which enemy do you think in DD2 has no head???? 

There is a specific Onslaught Mutator built around getting head shots FYI. At least that was how it was explained to me. I think it is called "weakpoint" or something. 

Soft Spot

• Enemies have increased resistance, but take extra weak point damage

@Jaws_420 quote:
@Daedledood quote:

What???? Exactly which enemy do you think in DD2 has no head???? 

There is a specific Onslaught Mutator built around getting head shots FYI. At least that was how it was explained to me. I think it is called "weakpoint" or something. 

What I mean by no 'head' is: Just because an enemy has a head modeled doesn't mean they have a specific head hitbox or that said hitbox has any differences. If this 'weakpoint' Mutator does exist it only applies to them as i have never noticed any difference in damage between the 'head' and the 'body'. I refuse to do Onslaught in its current form (*** 3 map floors) so i cant really test that personally

I use double tap 3.

Make sure you got maximum crit chance since it only triggers on critical hits.

Beacon of the storm also helps you generate extra critical hits.

While i was streaming earlier i was testing the shard again, it seems that that specific shard was the issue because i upgraded another one and it worked just fine. The old one has been sold so i guess that is sorted lol