Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Two stats on gear, please explain

@LAWLTA quote:

"Massive step backwards" and just negative right out the gate, without asking, just assuming. That's ...unfortunate. :(

Health (as well as other secondary stats) scales higher than it previously did. It'll be good to have on a couple pieces, but won't be required for every piece to have as much health as you currently do (unless you want to do that build, then more power to you, the Defenders who like to build like a brick outhouse). To reiterate on every post we've made about this expansion regarding stats and gear, all of them are affected and the amount of stats/scaling has been increased to compensate for the changes. Jose verified.

While the phrasing may have been a bit rough I feel it was more about voicing some rather important concerns. I can't speak for everybody here but i know i'm personally only critical of something i like, i'm not going to spend 20+ minutes writing a post for a game i don't care about.

We have been asking questions since this update was teased with minimal response, why would we just assume that your stance on that would change? there have been several concerns noted recently with not alot of clarification. it's only natural to be worried when such a huge update is coming and while said concerns could have been brought up in a better way (myself included) when we are given so little and thus far have had minimal clarification some concern is definitely justified.

Also i would like to note that the worry(for me) isn't as much about the scaling of health as it is the fact that it is a REQUIRED stat to have at least some amount of, having to use stats/slots for health to survive things we have no control over (assassins) is always going to feel a bit bad when there is so many cool things that could be used instead :p

Another thing I would like to know now is....are elemental damage a M.O.D.S only thing now? If that's so. That will definitely be awesome (to me) and I'll accept the two stat thing more. (I'm already accepting this now, just more cement added would be cool or should it be bean flavored cement? That sounds weird...)

And....based on the dev stream, the way I see it, the elemental sprite has changed? If so, that looks so much better! Much much better!

The annoyance was the big statement its all about customisation, and freedom to do what you want. Well if you had kept HD\AP\HH at least on all gear that would have been perfect. Then we could use our MODs, ascension etc how we wanted. Now you are forcing our hand to choose, to compromise to effectively be less satisfied.

A massive step backwards is exactly what it is, even if you cludge it by scaling higher the slots you are forced to use, when they originally were there anyway.

I truly sometimes doubt the sanity of the decision makers, something so blindingly obvious and it is missed.

What on earth was the real reason to drop it, I can't see any valid reason.

@Plasma quote:

I'm actually thinking that this is a good thing. If we retained the exact same stats we had before on top of having 3 mod slots to play around with, that is a ton of extra power. It would be way too much in my opinion. Even if we have to devote 2 mod slots to get the exact same thing as what we used to have, we still net 1 mod slot to do whatever with.

To think of it too. I have to agree now. And also due to the fact that there's also the AP boost.

Now AP boost might be targeted towards the "hardcore" but "when" or most likely "if" Trendy make AP appealing and hopefully "average level" doable towards the averages players, That'll be too much power for a lot of players to hold (ascension wise) when combined with 4 stats and M.O.D.S.!

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Plasma quote:

I'm actually thinking that this is a good thing. If we retained the exact same stats we had before on top of having 3 mod slots to play around with, that is a ton of extra power. It would be way too much in my opinion. Even if we have to devote 2 mod slots to get the exact same thing as what we used to have, we still net 1 mod slot to do whatever with.

To think of it too. I have to agree now. And also due to the fact that there's also the AP boost.

Now AP boost might be targeted towards the "hardcore" but "when" or most likely "if" Trendy make AP appealing and hopefully "average level" doable towards the averages players, That'll be too much power for a lot of players to hold (ascension wise) when combined with 4 stats and M.O.D.S.!

The more I think about it, the more I am liking it. Like [[181109,users]] said, we will now be able to sacrifice a stat or stats to make something else stronger. This is going to add some choices and diversity to the game. Like, will weapon manufacturers be considered again by players since you don't need defense health at all and instead can use that mod slot for something else? We also know that there will be mods on armor that can buff defenses, so I am picturing a hero setup completing ignoring damage and instead going for health and defense buffs. The amount of potential these changes have is insane. 

Actual bloody choices and diversity, hallelujah! 

What many of you have picked up is what we're throwin' down! :)

Gear right now lacks any customization. If you want to be how you currently are health and damage-wise, that's completely attainable, you just have to make that choice instead of it being shoved down your throat and forced onto others as well. If you want to be a walking fortress that may cause Dark Assassins to retire because they realize you are impenetrable, you can do that. You want to be a glass cannon that likes to live on the dangerous side while also disintegrating your foes, you can do that.

The big focus with this expansion is to make things interesting by giving players choices (Mods, stats, even map selection). Defenders have greater goals in attaining the Mods and gear they want in order to defend how they want.

This is also just the beginning, there's so much more down the road that is built upon this, but first we need to shift the game in order to get there... a... Protean Shift 

evil-grin-lol-smile-happy.gif?w=538

@LAWLTA quote:

The big focus with this expansion is to make things interesting by giving players choices (Mods, stats, even map selection). Defenders have greater goals in attaining the Mods and gear they want in order to defend how they want.

This is also just the beginning, there's so much more down the road that is built upon this, but first we need to shift the game in order to get there... a... Protean Shift 

I think this sounds absolutely amazing and i am very confused by some of the negativity in this thread. Gear was so very VERY stale and lacked any real customization, but what is coming - completely answers that issue. Plus, it is being done without making everyone just insanely OP, as that would happen if all 4 stats stayed in place, plus 4 MOPS (yeah, that's right i said it), plus 4 shards. Yeah, i never like something being taken away either, but i also hate having to put health on my Bees because they have zero use for them. With this new mix and match method, coupled with just a ton of MOPS (that we don't even know what that list of them is yet), leaves so much room for excitement. Quite frankly i am completely maxed out in the game, in terms of what i want to do and have fun doing. This update is coming at just the right time. Instead of wandering off to a new game, i am sitting here counting down the days to Protean. DD2 has once again found a way to completely grab my attention. I am super excited and cannot wait. 

7 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!

Maybe once all the dust settles, and we know how the system works, and we actually know what MOPS are out there and how hard they are to get and level up - then, we may have a decent platform to sound off about the issues in the new system. Until then, this is all just rampart speculation, and mostly projection by people who just don't have enough facts yet to really be on either side of an opinion yet. At least get your hands on it for 5 sec. before you condemn it. More than anything - please do not bite the hand that feeds you., if you want developers who listen and change the game - you have that. Show some appreciation... or we could lose it. Yes, we not all get what we want - but you shouldn't. This is not Spoil Me Rotten Defenders 2. It's a journey, and among all the miles walked, there will be plenty of missteps. I truly think and feel that this is at least a big step/leap in the right direction by TE, and they have my complete and utter thanks for doing so. Sharkman_insane.png

Now...where are our shark pets?!?!?  Jester_Forum_icon2.png