Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

What's the magic number for gilding? Bean spillage please

The very very important question is how many shards will gild the target shard.

Too high and you reduce the impression its achievable. 

I would love to know the answer to this as well.  If Trendy doesn't want to spill the beans on it I'd like to know if you can spend shards towards gilding without completing the gilding or do I have to hold on to shards until I have the number needed to do a full gilding.

Great thread and something i would very much like to know. 

How many shards, at what level, are needed to gild any shard in the game? Is there more than 1 gild level? 

Is that some kind of taunt in ASCII? LOL

EDIT - Ah, i had to look that up - shrugging emoticon. got it. 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Shaidan quote:

It's like 72 hours until the release.... lol

Uh....it's June 19. Pretty sure today is June 11 or 12.....

I wish I was dyslexic so I had a reason for f'ing that date up, but I was just 50 shades of wrong lol my bad 

I was hella excited for this week too lol mad

@Shaidan quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Shaidan quote:

It's like 72 hours until the release.... lol

Uh....it's June 19. Pretty sure today is June 11 or 12.....

I wish I was dyslexic so I had a reason for f'ing that date up, but I was just 50 shades of wrong lol my bad 

I was hella excited for this week too lol mad

Haha no prob! This update is pretty awesome, so can't really blame right? 

There is another devstream this friday so, yeah, something to look forward to too while we wait.

@Fozzie quote:

The very very important question is how many shards will gild the target shard.

Too high and you reduce the impression its achievable. 

@LAWLTA quote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My educated guess is that the Quantity of Shards needed to Gild will be different per shard, and they can't answer the question without re-listing all of the shards for us.

im guessing it be between 5-30. i really hope it 5-10. any higher and it just not worth it. i dont even think i have 15 copies of any shard atm.

Farming like crazy already. 6 pages of duplicates of the shards i up first after i reset. The rest can wait. Yes ... All my shards will b guilded ... Muhaahahaha...

@024noi quote:

Farming like crazy already. 6 pages of duplicates of the shards i up first after i reset. The rest can wait. Yes ... All my shards will b guilded ... Muhaahahaha...

Probably going to cost gold to process the gild process. Hope you have that stockpiled too. 

I am personally hoping between 3 and 7 for Gilding, depending on the shard.

:O Oooh....that's nice to hear....which means that it cannot be too high to be "discouraging". So yeah, I think I would be the same with BeerGoggles in 5 too since this is the case. And as usual, I would prefer 3 but....most likely that's a fat chance as fat as Hagar hahaha.

I wouldn't mind more amount if you can actually craft the specific shard you want though. 

Given how long i have played, and how many Deadly Strikes i have seen in my complete DD2 experience to date, and also factoring in how many defenses i have use that one rune - i would vote as few shards as humanly possible. Even 3 sounds like a huge number to me. The drop rates that are supposedly all equal (i so call BS on that BTW) do not play well with the RNG god, and even if this update had been in place since last DEC - i still would not have DS maxed out on all my heroes (at 3). Far from it. 1 or 2 of my main defenses would be and the rest i would still be forever grinding for - and at this point, complaining loudly about it. 

Here is the true test. If we are able to find, get, and max out every single MOD before we are able to max out most of our shards, then things dd not roll out well. There should be an equal pace of discovery and mastery. There should not be just one part of the game that takes forever longer that all of the rest to level up. If it takes 100-200 shard packs for each PT or DS, and you need 3 per a defense (if that was the number) multiplied by the number of defenses that use that shard - you will never be done. This would just become the new AP grind of boredom. 

i am greatly hoping the new system is setup with all of this in mind. I do get that this needs to last and should not be able to be done in like one week or anything. i am totally down with that. I am willing to grind, quite a bit, as long as it is fun while doing so. Just don't give us any impossible tasks please. And for the record, at the shard cost of 3, times 11 heroes who can build, so lets say out of that 9 have viable defenses that could use a DS shard, so 9*3 = 27 DS shards more until they were all maxed out. THAT sounds impossible to me. I would leave the game long before i ever hit that number, and that is a very necessary shard. Add to that the 6 other major ones...and ugh.... Right now, i cannot even remember the last time i even got a DS shard, and i play every day on levels C3 or higher. 

so fingers crossed that the new gilding system does not necessitate some huge number of shards that we all already have issues finding even one of. 

I have 1k hours and have 21 power transfers.. It takes about 2.5 hours to have an avg chance to find another one. Conversely, it takes <20 minutes to get enough gold to upgrade it...

Although, I think the huge thing is, you can spend X amount of time and gild ALL your c4 shards. 

@BeerGoggles quote:

I have 1k hours and have 21 power transfers.. It takes about 2.5 hours to have an avg chance to find another one. Conversely, it takes <20 minutes to get enough gold to upgrade it...

Although, I think the huge thing is, you can spend X amount of time and gild ALL your c4 shards. 

ugh, thanks for the info, but by doing the math you have here, while every 2.5 hours you have a chance at the shard, it takes on average about 48 game hours to actually get one (using your numbers). That is a long time... Feels about right though. DS is very much the same. Equal drop rates my @ss, LOL.