Sign in to follow this  
Martin Arcainess

Dark Assasins....please nerf or get rid

So DD2 love the game but holy hell dose Dark Assassins ruin it for me. 

I get the whole idea we use our towers to defeat them but even then there too op anf cheap.

They lach onto you for waaay too long. This I wouldnt mind but it takes a while to kill them and they deal fair amount of damage to you so after they lach off you. You got to kill them otherwise they lach back onto you. But it takes a fair few swings to kill them. Low on health? Barricade needs repairing? Nope your lached and can't do anything and the top of the peeve is soon as you get rid of one another one laches onto you. 

So in some ways you are like chained lach for 10+seconds. Which longer then a respwan.

I mostly use cannon balls to deal with them but on chaos 6 so yeah Geodes are a thing.

My reccomendation to nerf them.

yoLower health required to kill them or make it so as soon as a tower deals damage to them they lach off you and probs spread them out across the wave. Not sending like 3 assasins at you at once.

I totally agree. i think the fact they can move around without taking any damage is total BS. I also think that the fact they have a 100% success rate once they target you is wholly unfair. I think they way that DD1 handled these units was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than DD2. For a tower defense game, they should have a hard tower counter of some kind, and not just after they latch on. If they are an air unit, SGT's should target them. You should have some skill based way to avoid them, like once you see the purple aura, you can jump, causing them to miss, and then they lose their lock on you. 

Best current counters i have found - Viper Fangs will remove them Right away, and so will Geyser traps. 

Definitely agree with this too, sometimes they can be literally a pain. There are some occasions where I could've save the match from losing and those assassins just have to crash the party.

Maybe he should've just be reworked to have this mechanic instead? https://web.archive.org/web/20140507023850/http://dungeondefenders2.com/new-enemy-dark-assassin/

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF... Literally every tower in the game locks onto assassins when they lock onto you. There's even a handy Notification sound to warn you to go Run to a tower or defense that isn't busy wrecking a lane.  Tons of ways to deal with them. And...as your armor score goes up. The Chaos trials Assassins won't really even hurt you... Just be slightly annoying. Any hero abilitiy that does dmg over time on the ground hurts them. Not near a defense? Drop corrupted star in front of me when I hear them and walk into it when they latch on GG assassin ded. There's also Cat Pets with the pet abilitiy Sparkle Party. It stuns assassins off and often Nukes them completly. ... Just need to be aware of them and And not be AFK when They Notify you they are about to latch on. Happy Defending.

One isn't that bad, what's kinda in a "Whoa! What the!?"situations is when multiple goes in for the kill at the same time. Like multiple notifications too.

And what's weird too is that they sometimes pack more punch than normal? Which means you take more damage and faster too.

When you get more gear they just become an annoyance. There arent too many of them in the rounds. If you can get them off in a few seconds they just die. You just need to be in front of a tower that can hit them. Having life steal helps but mostly just having more health from more gear will make them a pest rather than a scare. 

Sounds like you have to be OP to deal with them effciently which might make harder for new players.

Generally I use Cannonballs as there stun effect is lush to have for them but im c6 with vanguards/geodes....

i don't think anyone needs advice on how to counter Assasins ... since every month we have a guy asking the same thing, and we have a full lists of counters ... i'll just name my favorite ... Turtle Stance (Barbarian)

This thread is like a sugestion ... so i'll say my opinion ... i do NOT want Assasins to be nerfed, just a magical property to counter that will be nice .... like Reduce 70% of time trapped by Assasins.

Assasins are part of the mechanic of the game and it should stay like this. Devs usualy listen silently and respond in few months to all we say... that's why i have to voice my vote against Nerfing.

@emilian quote:

i do NOT want Assasins to be nerfed, just a magical property to counter that will be nice

^ I second that. Assassins got nerfed enough since they were first introduced. Skarnash is the only tough assassin around, imo.

They had a chest shard called Taser Suit. It is what carried me in c5 but ti no longer drops. turn that on, toss it in pre c5 maps and job done

Lol ... Assassins aren't a threat if u build 4 them. The game is full of assassin removal. Frosty protons, huntress geysers, mystic walls, sharpened spikes on most walls, stun fire cannons ... Especially if in range of skyguards as they r flyers. All = close to instant death. Mostly i use mystic walls for removal and LSAs and skyguards to kill. Sparkle party for when u cant get to the wall fast enough or wall is on cooldown.

Or now with the new mods u get ten and just play the game. Never had issue with the assassin if u have the right shards and gear. They only stay on u for 10 sec and do 48k damage per swing without protection shard like bulk or worn scaf

@Jfall1993 quote:

Or now with the new mods u get ten and just play the game. Never had issue with the assassin if u have the right shards and gear. They only stay on u for 10 sec and do 48k damage per swing without protection shard like bulk or worn scaf

Yeah now Im having no issues with them as someone mentioned cannons help and my spike walls got a stun now which helps.

Well the the assassin count as a negative effect. I have 58% ten mod and the assassin don't stay on long when I'm nowhere near my wall or tower

Well this thread was started before mods so that's one thing, and second, Tenacity on heroes has no effect against assassins

@Exglint quote:

Well this thread was started before mods so that's one thing, and second, Tenacity on heroes has no effect against assassins

ugh...well that is sad to hear about DAs but good to know. You just saved me a wasted MOD to test that, thanks. 

I really wish we has some kind of DA MOD. Zerk one too.