Sign in to follow this  
KingSpadeIX

Crit Tower build seems OP

I am pretty low on the skill zone in this game, (currently on floor 13) but I just attached Power transfer and Crit damage shards onto my towers and have been putting points into crit chance for my towers with my ascension points. 

Anyway I have not been struggling with Onslaught so far before I figured this out. But now with this my tower does a base of 45K dmg per tik AOE (Lavamancer Fissure of Embermount) and crits for 744K with currently 25% critchance, and when I am all said and done will have 45% crit chance. 

Oil geyser does 250K per shot but crits for 5.6 million with what will be 45% crit chance (currently 25%). 

Considering that the ogres I see right now have about 8 million HP this seems a bit broken. I think I am about to have a lot of really boring and easy grinding to do. 

Thoughts?

I guess you haven't been reading the blog posts, they have noticed it and they are going to be redoing all damage. I would go read the last 2 blog posts.

@KingSpadeIX quote: 

Considering that the ogres I see right now have about 8 million HP this seems a bit broken. I think I am about to have a lot of really boring and easy grinding to do. 

Thoughts?

Yeah Crit is broken but the game itself is getting a revamp.

Im just glad to see another player who likes a challenge and finds it too boring if its too easy

@KingSpadeIX quote:

I am pretty low on the skill zone in this game, (currently on floor 13) but I just attached Power transfer and Crit damage shards onto my towers and have been putting points into crit chance for my towers with my ascension points. 

I think I am about to have a lot of really boring and easy grinding to do. 

Floor 13 is kinda easy. Just wait till you hit floor 55 onwards. But yeah I do agree it does gets boring at times.

Trouble is that if we are going to get approximately the same damage with the new system as the current, which we have been told we would, then the new system would make things even easier, you don't have to rely on crits happening as the main power in the new system comes from the base DP.

I think once they have the new system they may be able to control\balance towers easier s the numbers would be on the whole more predictable.

I do expect early iteration(s) to be EZ-DD2 for a couple of hotfixes.

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

max crit chance is 33%  no matter what boosts you have can´t go over that.   Or do i miss something here?

Correct, cap is at 33%, and with ascension you hit 30%, so it is a huge waste to use a crit chance shard just to get a measly 3% out of it. So really the soft cap is 30%. In the new update though, that cap is finally going away... 

This is a huge piece of crit builds though. you must remember that it only does that damage, at best, one third of the time. If the defense has a slow fire rate, it may never go critical on an enemy. I have seen 6+ hits in a row as non-crit. I have found that fire rates less than 3/sec, or even better 2 - are best for crit builds.