Sign in to follow this  
uzar

PS4 Graphic Game Freeze

Over the last 2 weeks or so the game will just freeze graphically. You can still hear music and the game continues on in the background, I know this as it happened on wave 5 Lost temple and I let it play out as i had 100 or so mobs left. When i hard close the game and logged back in I had got the completion for the floor.

No crash report for Ps4 as it just stops and you can't do anything but ps button close application. Its totally random different maps , different floors , Chaos maps . It can happen back to back or not for 3 floors or days.

No blue screens since last hot fix the freeze has been in place for at least 2  hot fixes.

I got a similar issue the other day. Was running mystic monk build and everything was fine. Ran a bunch of c7 maps, got bored and switched to dryad. Ran 1 map fine but next map froze. Could still hear the sounds of the battle progressing but screen was frozen. Restarted game ran 1 map fine, again dryad build, then it locked up my ps4 pro. Could hear sound but couldn't close program, back out to ps desk top, wouldn't respond at all to any input. Had to unplug to reset system. Fired up game again and has been running fine now that ive gone back to mystic monk builds. 

Just freeze , just happened again, right now,  since the last post. Floor 64 1st map , 3rd wave just about 114 mobs left. Can still hear sounds and music but frozen , had to ps button close app. NO error No crash report just restart.

I was just standing not even doing anything when it happened. I can't seem to find any reason or pattern to it. Was just turned on and was going to play a floor so its not like its back to back floors or anything to.

So 4 days since the last time it happened

@Lawlta quote:

Did these provide any kind of error, or was it just a freeze and you had to restart?

I can say that I've seen this as well, a number of times. Happens in different game modes, multiplayer or solo, first wave or last wave - fairly random. Graphics freeze while sounds continue. No crash, have to close the game. Running the game on a PS4 Pro.

I've been running NON dryad builds all week with no issues. C7 farming for stuff for next update, which is sounding awsome btw, for hours and hours with various builds utilizing all other heroes except dryad and have had zero crashes or lock ups. Hope this helps.

Just happened 2 me with a monk build, so ya not just dryad builds. Though i did have a dryad in deck for spot healing teammates. Think she was active hero when it froze.

Happening a lot more frequently, crashes too, since last hot fix. Having to restart the same floor over and over is making onslaught unplayable. PS4 pro.

There's a couple issues regarding PS4 crashes that we are looking into. Your feedback has been very helpful! :)

Graphic freeze just now floor 62 first map wave 2. First one since last post. no error , hear sound have to hard close game.

Graphic free Chaos 2 2 wave expedition town map gates of dragonfall. Doing dailies flame aura afk and bags are pretty much empty not 1 even half full and 4 empty

Well I jinxed myself lol Game froze , graphic freeze still hear sound had to hard restart App , no error report to send. First map floor 103 wave 5 throne room. 

I am going to toss this into the mix. I am on the west coast , often play on east server with people and i have been monitoring this but 2 days ago i played 1 floor on East while shopping over there and it froze map 1 wave 3. 

I switched back to West and again have not had a freeze and I cannot remember if the the other freezes where on East server or not but for me anyways i have climbed a lot of floor on west servers with no issues so far.

Had this happen several times on the weekend always in onslaught mode.

One day had 3 in a row meaning a restart each time ... 2 were in the initial build phase so nothing should be straining the system at that point and the other during wave 2 I think when a boss spawned. 

Generally seem to get a bunch of them then it clears up and can get a good session in after that.

I am seeing some occasional big lag spikes which now cause a bit of panic as I think it may freeze - I am on the EU server. 

Also not a single Dryad was in use for me in any of the crashes.