Why do so few mobs drop mana

In DD1 you collected mana during the wave to upgrade your towers, with a genie and a Wolfenstein this was vastly improved.

In DD2 we mostly have to wait around for the next build phase to get our ration of mana.

But

During the wave some mobs drop a little mana and others drop nothing at all.

Will Trendy be looking at making this better.

Berzerkers should drop say 10 a pop and all mini bosses should drop 50, with things like witherbeasts, assassins and dark mages dropping 5 a pop with the little mobs dropping one.

It may be that with this change we could get more towers somewhere near 5 stars.

@Fozzie quote:

During the wave some mobs drop a little mana and others drop nothing at all.

Will Trendy be looking at making this better.

This question was asked before, and no promises were made ... in fact no Developer or staff member responded if this is a bug or intentional 

Emoji_Apprentice.png

I think this is intentional ... and it's meant to make the game higher Difficulty, to take it as it is and we should deal with it ... i went to Floor 150 (almost) without any reset and i know exacly how are you feeling... but it's intentional and we have to learn to cope with that ... 

The best solution for me it was to kill them before they reach wall (no walls needed) ... that means overbuilding that lane.

I believe it's a balance measure. In DD1 the towers were meant to be the star, that is why you had so much mana. But now that player DPS is in such demand, and capable of holding lanes. You have to dial back the amount of green mana which forces a hybrid of towers and DPS required for most.

The amount of mana that drops in a wave is a set amount (varies between maps and possibly difficulty), it doesn't matter on the type of enemy that spawns.

I kinda like how much mana we get now per wave as it really makes me think more about what tower to upgrade and what not to upgrade. Rather then upgrade thme regardless because mana flow is plenty.

@Lawlta quote:

The amount of mana that drops in a wave is a set amount (varies between maps and possibly difficulty), it doesn't matter on the type of enemy that spawns.

So shouldnt the mana that drops, actually stay?

Because atm, mana just goes POOF. 

lawlta

Just thinking about this again, it sounds ***ing ridiculous...

So you can have a wave that only needs 1 wall and 1 reflect beam.

Compared to 100+++++ of mobs that slow defenses waves. 

And they are the "same"  ??

MKAY...

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Lawlta quote:

lawlta

MKAY...

Are you experiencing a problem with upgrades as waves progress?  Mana seems pretty balanced.  I'm curious, where are you at in the game?  Are you focused on a particular mode that you're seeing a problem?

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Lawlta quote:

lawlta

MKAY...

Are you drunk ?

The mana situation was OK in Trials but they are pretty static as far as difficulty is concerned. In onslaught this has changed. If we didn't all go EZ-Dryad we'd probably notice.

Along with the many things that need attention in onslaught I think this should be revisited, hence the post.

@Lawlta quote:

Odd, it always felt personally that on say baby sewers. If you got all 4 lanes as frosty you get less mana during combat than if it was all geo.

I've obviously never wrote any hard numbers down but that's just the feel ingame I get.

I agree, in the old days on NM4 Inc on Griblok's you could guarantee the lane with the kobold bombers NEVER dropped any mana. I think Lawlta's answer needs further clarification. I feel some mobs never drop mana as if the code for it wasn't added to them. In DD1 you could guarantee that every ogre on NM dropped the same and you could count up enough ogres to run back and max a buff beam or suchlike, DD2 not so much.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Lawlta quote:

lawlta

MKAY...

There's no need to tag me because I see every thread there is, and also because I already posted in this thread so i get a notification about it (you quoted me, so my appearance in this thread should be apparent). It gives me extra notifications for no reason :(.

Your message wasn't exactly the most clear. When you say that mana drops and goes "poof", what do you mean? You should be gaining the same amount of mana per wave. Something was brought to my attention regarding the Mystic that I'm looking into, but past that I've never seen or heard a complaint about mana not staying.

Also, I think you may have confused the word "wave" with "lane". When using the word "wave", I was referring to the entire group of enemies that spawn on the map at 5 different points throughout the play session, not just the individual lanes that may have different amounts and varieties of enemies. I apologize if I'm incorrect here, I just don't know of any maps where an entire wave only needs those two defenses (granted it's a map that's of appropriate difficulty for a player).

The amount of mana that drops throughout the map should remain constant. I didn't really appreciate your tone analyzing an answer I was providing to someone else, but if you do run into any issue where mana is not dropping consistently, please let us know, and we can look into it.

@AFreakinCabbag3 quote:

@Lawlta quote:

Odd, it always felt personally that on say baby sewers. If you got all 4 lanes as frosty you get less mana during combat than if it was all geo.

I've obviously never wrote any hard numbers down but that's just the feel ingame I get.

The frosties not dropping mana is being looked at. However, you should be receiving the same amount per wave even if those mobs aren't dropping any, as far as I know. If that's not the case, it'll be addressed with this next update, as frosties should be dropping mana when it comes out.

@Lawlta quote:

@AFreakinCabbag3 quote:

@Lawlta quote:

The frosties not dropping mana is being looked at. However, you should be receiving the same amount per wave even if those mobs aren't dropping any, as far as I know. If that's not the case, it'll be addressed with this next update, as frosties should be dropping mana when it comes out.

That's definitely nice to know! I'd thought that was an intentional feature.