Sign in to follow this  
Caimen0

Some Questions Regarding the U4 Beta

I noticed a few items on the changelist that I didn't think were very clear on what was actually changed:

Hide green dot item overlay - Is this active by default? Is this an options menu toggle? Is this a keybind?

Flash - What

East core Randomly dies on Temple of Water - I have to assume this was removed, but that is the exact wording in the notes. What changed?

Only host can change song on juke box - I assume this means only the host can change the music, but asking to be sure.

Spider web on Huntress Santa’s little helper costume was very and not properly scaled - I think "very" is not the word you are looking for. Or you left a word out.

Sorry for all the confusion.  I'll try to address each of your questions:

① It should say ctrl-P for the green dot overlay.  Note that the new keybindings are not in the UDKInput.ini that is shipped out with the beta (unfortunately).  They will be included in the final build, but not in the betas.  This is due to Trendy's build process specifically excluding that file for reasons unknown to me.  You can add the key bindings to your INI file:

Bindings=(Name="G",Command="ActivateCrystalForAllPlayers",Control=true)
Bindings=(Name="P",Command="ToggleHideGoodEquipmentOverlay",Control=true)

And if these are missing you can add them in too:

Bindings=(Name="B",Command="toggleItemBeams")
Bindings=(Name="P",Command="ToggleHideMiniMapTowers")
Bindings=(Name="O",Command="ToggleHideMiniMapBillboards")

② "Flash".  This is Acen being a pro at typing :)  It's just the first part of the next line, "Flash heal and all wheel patterns (except kill%) now work on tavern dummy".

③ "East core randomly dies on Temple of Water".  Kobolds were occasionally exploding directly over the east crystal when it was at top level.  Kobolds have been removed from that spawn, so it should no longer explode.

④ "Only host can change song on juke box".  Yes, due to a bug in 8.3 other users can change your tavern music.  That should no longer be the case in 8.4.  (Well, the tower's gone now, so they wouldn't be able to anyway . . .)

⑤ "Spider web on Huntress Santa’s little helper costume was very and not properly scaled".  The effects socket on this costume scaled incorrectly along one axis, which means anything that attached to that socket was extremely wide, including spider webs:

sGkdb7T.png

Looks pretty silly, right?  Other effects like Hero Boost and Propeller Cat that attach to this socket were also stretched sideways.  This is now fixed.

@Plane quote:

③ "East core randomly dies on Temple of Water".  Kobolds were occasionally exploding directly over the east crystal when it was at top level.  Kobolds have been removed from that spawn, so it should no longer explode.

I knew what the problem was, I just wasn't sure what was changed about it. I am personally amazed the change went through.

Thanks for the clarification Plane.