Sign in to follow this  
Tarius

Error 9007 - Session Expired

Tonight I was playing with my friend for a long good stretch, making our way in Onslaught.  Wave 4/5 on Map 3 (The Lost Temple), Floor 103.... just as we are about to start the wave...... kicked back to the logon screen.  

Logon Session has expired.

Unknown message:Error 9007.

I thought this nonsense was changed / fixed.  We were not idle.  We were actively playing.  This is just stupid.

I have encountered this problem three times within the past week.   

@Tarius quote:

Tonight I was playing with my friend for a long good stretch, making our way in Onslaught.  Wave 4/5 on Map 3 (The Lost Temple), Floor 103.... just as we are about to start the wave...... kicked back to the logon screen.  

Progressing so far within an Onslaught session and being kicked is extremely frustrating.

I had a theory on this one, I think it is a scheduled refresh of the web services database hosted by whoever. At an interval they determine the flush supposedly stale records to free up capacity and this nukes session sometimes.

It's happened to me.

I think it's something [[5896,users]] may need to look at, or comment on.

Looking into the account you have linked on your profile page it highlights the issue clearly from the logs we're receiving. Your client is not holding an Event Server connection. Your client had it for a little bit but then loses it and never re-establishes which after several attempts it gives up trying and you have a few hours to play before you're kicked. This problem could stem from all sorts of things but typically we see it from players on poor wireless connections or outdated routers/modems. We're looking into the possibility of notifying the client a bit better when it doesn't have this connection and failed to re-establish so you know its lost it. 

Sadly not much else we can suggest to you on how to fix the issue. Definitely need to hold this connection though or you will eventually be kicked.

@Tarius quote:

Logon Session has expired.

Unknown message:Error 9007.

I thought this nonsense was changed / fixed.  We were not idle.  We were actively playing.  This is just stupid.

[[5896,users]]

If this is the case then why are we both kicked at the same time?  I live in Pennsylvania.  [[180786,users]] lives in Connecticut.  

I am utilizing a wired connection with Verizon Fios with over 50Mb/s up and down.  I do not have nor have had any issues maintaining connection in other games or services.