Sign in to follow this  
lolzcoolcat

Crystalline Resurgence Parts 1-3

First I want to say I really like the maps they are fun but HARD and that is not a bad thing but I have some suggestions.

1. You can’t put the campaign rewards at the end of survival because survival is a lot easier then the bosses on all 3 maps.

2. Make these maps like the original crystalline dimension where you can only get 1 reward per account.

-The Maps are super stupid hard to solo and are a lot more fun in teams of friends anyway.

-If you change this you might want to buff how often you get ultimate, ultimate+ and ultimate++ because you go from having up to 4 drops per run to 1. ( I don't know how well they roll atm so they might not need a buff )

-Don’t do the change above with survival pets if possible it is not needed.

Phase 1      

-The Spiders the spider queen spawns have too much hp and you constantly get webbed the only way I have found to stop this is stack LT and tower boost with guardian. ( I think this is already changing but might as well add it in case it’s not )

- This Map also has some lag issues

Phase 2

-Make the Baby djinns the boss spawns bigger on the mini map they are hard to see and you must kill them fast.

-You also might want to add something saying it only takes elemental damage I would not have noticed the symbol if I was not playing with Mischief at the time.

Phase 3

-The Kraken slow attack thing seems to do a lot of damage and is hard to counter if you are in middle of it.

-When you die you re spawn in the void first then you spawn on the map.

Survival

-The Anti Heroes scale to high when you start from the first wave and play all the way through the map.

-Decrease the amount of anti Heroes that spawn at one time we have a screenshot of 8 spawning at the start of a wave.

I was with lolz on most of the runs of the maps, so I agree with everything he posted here.

The only thing I would add is that if the reward is not made 1 set per account to make it still drop on the survivals

"2. Make these maps like the original crystalline dimension where you can only get 1 reward per account."

Please no such changes, thanks! :-)

"1. You can’t put the campaign rewards at the end of survival because survival is a lot easier then the bosses on all 3 maps."

Its a recurring theme with CDT maps that Campaign rewards drop on survivals. I see no issue in there. Ember being one of the hardest maps is a good example of this.  So no to this again.

@Black Mamba quote:

"2. Make these maps like the original crystalline dimension where you can only get 1 reward per account."

Please no such changes, thanks! :-)

"1. You can’t put the campaign rewards at the end of survival because survival is a lot easier then the bosses on all 3 maps."

Its a recurring theme with CDT maps that Campaign rewards drop on survivals. I see no issue in there. Ember being one of the hardest maps is a good example of this.  So no to this again.

I challenge you to try and beat all maps solo with 4 character in on boss phase. :)

With the Survival rewards this 100% needs change or we need to make survival harder. I can do the survival in under 9 minutes combat and the fastest campaign is at least 11 min combat on the easiest map, using the same build in both.

All 3 CD maps are much easier on survival than any of the other CDT maps are, this is needed or the regular map will never be played.

If you can beat any 32-35 (or 36-40 for ember) of either buc bay, embermount or tow faster than you can do campaign, you'll surely be hacking, since they take at least 30 minutes, while the campaign takes at most 20 with a slow build.

In the current beta, the survival scaling is buggy after wave 18 on those maps, and it only goes to wave 30.  If you pick a higher wave than 18 to start on, the scaling doesn't work, except for the large difficulty spike at 20 that every map has.  You'll notice that starting on 28 the antiheroes and ogres have a lot less HP than if you had started on 18 and played all the way up to 28.

In the beta later this week this will be fixed, so starting on 32 and going to 35 will be harder.

Cat is right here, the campaign isn't worth farming over the survival. There isn't really any reason to play the campaign, it's slower, harder and you can't easily do it solo with 4p, where as the survival can be done solo with 4p very easily. My solution to this is 

You get rewards based on the open slots you have, so you can play solo with 1 hero in and get 4 rewards.

OR make the campaign maps much less challenging because the way they are now most people will just play them once and farm the rewards on survival.

Is it possible for make these mapes 6 players? I feel like people would want to alternate between playing them and maybe poly for variety and that'd not be convenient currently.

@ApexStorm quote:

Is it possible for make these mapes 6 players? I feel like people would want to alternate between playing them and maybe poly for variety and that'd not be convenient currently.

They would get even laggier . . .  That said, I've tried to tweak the network settings for the map to improve the lag for the next build (coming later this week).

@Plane quote:

In the current beta, the survival scaling is buggy after wave 18 on those maps, and it only goes to wave 30.  If you pick a higher wave than 18 to start on, the scaling doesn't work, except for the large difficulty spike at 20 that every map has.  You'll notice that starting on 28 the antiheroes and ogres have a lot less HP than if you had started on 18 and played all the way up to 28.

In the beta later this week this will be fixed, so starting on 32 and going to 35 will be harder.

Cool!
So no need to change anything in regards to survival dropping campaign rewards then.

/thread.

@Black Mamba quote:Cool!

So no need to change anything in regards to survival dropping campaign rewards then.

/thread.

The updated beta is out now if you want to test the harder CR survivals.  They're definitely not easy.