Optimism for the Item Changes

@mmm quote:

Agree but the main advantage is still that they are very hardly disabled.

We all know that towers were never fully viable in DD2 and have always had a risky component even when flamethrowers used to shine.

The real defense is aura, and in fact trendy made all the hardest mobs target auras in multiple ways.

Dryad is just a defense that has all the best power of both tower and aura without having any of their problems (targeting for the first and disable from enemies)

This is totally game breaking and objectively OP.

Also the way range scales defies all the constrictions the char is supposed to have.

What is the alternative to using dryads bees in those lanes? The only other viable option when frosty enemies or cyborks spawn is ramsters. I like the fact that the dryad directly counters this, with the new changes and direct counters I feel like her use will go down without any changes to her. 

I prefer ballistas + pdts to take out frosty lanes.

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:
@mmm quote:

We all know that towers were never fully viable in DD2 and have always had a risky component even when flamethrowers used to shine.

The real defense is aura, and in fact trendy made all the hardest mobs target auras in multiple ways.

Dryad is just a defense that has all the best power of both tower and aura without having any of their problems (targeting for the first and disable from enemies)

Also the way range scales defies all the constrictions the char is supposed to have.

What is the alternative to using dryads bees in those lanes? The only other viable option when frosty enemies or cyborks spawn is ramsters. I like the fact that the dryad directly counters this, with the new changes and direct counters I feel like her use will go down without any changes to her. 

Most frosty lanes i use Fissures , PDT and maybe a cannon or 2 now i rarely use dryad on those lanes. As far as Dryad being OP when the new stuff comes and you add a Cybork counter shard , just place proton beams on every lane and go for dinner. Everything will be OP and no balance will be needed with magical properties like that.

Whether this update prefers one hero or another is yet to be seen, we can only speculate for now. To me this update seems to address the concerns over CHOICE. How long have we been asking for the ability to play every map at every tier of chaos? How long were we complaining about how geodes work? .We have asked to be able to use more towers in each tier, with these property things perhaps countering the hard counters does it not do that? The dev logs so far have indicated those at least were listened to albeit it took them a long time to get around to actually doing something about them. I am slightly optimistic about these changes and just hope its not yet another fail on our expectations like onslaught/Ancient Powers.

I want the fun back in DD2 to make me want to play again. I like to experiment with builds not forced to play just one way. I really hope this update will allow me to do so. I dont like being restricted and I am sure many others feel the same. I am glad though that at least it seems the devs are listening and trying to improve the enjoyment of the game.

There are somethings they have not yet mentioned like increasing the viability of multiplayer that I would very much like to see. Hopefully those will be looked at next along with smaller QOL improvements. I hope we can be more constructive in how we would like this game to improve and they continue to take our issues on board. We really need some positivity back from players, but perhaps the miss steps in the past makes this difficult for some.

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:

@mmm quote:

EVERYTHING ?

Literally you can kill frosty lanes with every possible range tower, you just need a good placement and in some lane a bit more DU spent but in that map you have plenty of DU so....

Dryad is just easy win cause it is super OP and super easy, you just want to play brainless

@mmm quote:

Snip. 

EVERYTHING ?

Literally you can kill frosty lanes with every possible range tower, you just need a good placement and in some lane a bit more DU spent but in that map you have plenty of DU so....

Dryad is just easy win cause it is super OP and super easy, you just want to play brainless

His just stating some things about how easy dryad is and how her defences are really good. This doesnt mean he wants to play brainless. Anyone who have a brain will always choose the easy route.

@mmm quote:

EVERYTHING ?

First off, lets keep this civil, suggesting that I want to play "brainless" really doesn't help your argument.

Also, you know everything doesn't work. For example, you know you cannot use aura's or traps in those lanes. 

I have tried many other defense in frosty lanes (that are not ramsters.) I always run into the issue of the defense getting frozen, even when it appears to be way outside the range of were it should be possible. In addition, depending on the lane, you run into the possibility of defenses being targeted by flying kobolds, which can put you into real trouble if you are dealing with a boss in another lane.

Bees as a security blanket is a good strategy, as you will always have consistent DPS in a lane, assuming your tree doesn't get destroyed.  

@Martin Arcainess quote:

His just stating some things about how easy dryad is and how her defences are really good. This doesnt mean he wants to play brainless. Anyone who have a brain will always choose the easy route.

Dryad is currently the most reliable builder in onslaught. Low risk high reward. With the changes to relics this will change.