Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT UPDATE 4 Bug Report Thread

Upgrade symbols on reflect beams and physical beams do not lower opacity when full hp tower opacity <100%. The example below is on tavern defense but this occurs everywhere to my knowledge (tried in tavern, moonbase, akatiti, aquanos, and royal gardens). All other beams' upgrade symbols do lower opacity just fine, including the buffbeam shown in the screens:

With map - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1444558550

No map - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1444558276

Opacity setting was not changed at any point during the session

@Pulchritudinous Washboard quote:

So its pretty stupid, if you have another weapon or another char like warrior or summoner... :)

@Mammoth [BBF] quote:

Crystalline Resurgence part 3: there is no balista who can drag down dragon and nothing else cannot damage him = cant beat map.

This isn't a bug, you can shoot it from the top of the map with a long ranged weapon.

@Mammoth [BBF] quote:

So its pretty stupid, if you have another weapon or another char like warrior or summoner... :)

Not that stupid, you just have to bring the right weapons/hero's to the fight, just like with any other boss.

I hope you don't think the Phoenix and goblin cupid fights aren't bugged just because you can't beat them with a summoner, now that's stupid... :)

It seems that on occasion, while the difficulty is on nightmare hardcore, it will say that the difficulty is on Easy Hardcore at the top of the screen on the tavern. Hero damage and whatnot is shown correctly, but the display for non host members is messed up sometimes with that. On top of that, sometimes sensitivity breaks and turns slow for some odd reason. It's very rare, but it happens still. Usually it happens while I'm playing with a super legendary monk for whatever reason. I have not had it happen on any other character/skin so far.

@censingosprey21 quote:

It seems that on occasion, while the difficulty is on nightmare hardcore, it will say that the difficulty is on Easy Hardcore at the top of the screen on the tavern. Hero damage and whatnot is shown correctly, but the display for non host members is messed up sometimes with that. On top of that, sometimes sensitivity breaks and turns slow for some odd reason. It's very rare, but it happens still. Usually it happens while I'm playing with a super legendary monk for whatever reason. I have not had it happen on any other character/skin so far.

Can confirm, happened in public games. Not sure if it gets represented in the level select screen.

I found another bug. I am not sure if this is frame perfect, but if a wave starts as you change your characer you will die. If it is on hardcore you will not be there for the entire wave. I have not tested this outside of hardcore. An example would be today, I was making a last second switch from EV to Jester on Winter Wonderland to try to get to an "upgrader". Instead I found myself dead for the entire round, leading to a MASSIVE amount of time where no upgrades could be done by me. If this happens on more "life" restricting maps however such as polybius or crystalline dimension... it would be rather frustrating. A patch as fast as possible would be fantastic for this nightmare of a bug.
Note: I have only tested this on Nightmare (Hardcore) in Campaign maps. I have not tested this in Lost Quests, Eternia Shards Maps, and Challenges.

This isn't a bug, but should probably be patched. You can color item names. This means making it pink, blue, or any other RGB color. It can be done something like this (In this case the name is pink and shows up as "Hello!"): <color:255,0,255>Hello!</color>
A few examples are shown here: https://i.imgur.com/KjMvCX4.png  https://i.imgur.com/59kf3T0.png https://i.imgur.com/bITEYbU.png

I have confirmed that this does not work on hero names as you cannot enter the character "<" and a few others. Therefore it only works on item names. Again, this isn't a bug and I realize that but I thought it would be worth mentioning as it can easily lead to people saying it's a hacked item and create extra work for people that simply isn't needed (such as if it is reported as a hacked item despite being legit just due to the color). This feature mostly affects tavern floors, and would probably only be used in that way to be honest.

Another bug is beam placement on Sky City. Sometimes, as seen here: https://i.imgur.com/eRROsO2.png , beams will say they do not line up despite having clearly done so.
Here is some more imagery of this occasion. 
https://i.imgur.com/yeGoqDA.png
https://i.imgur.com/ptczZQX.png
https://i.imgur.com/Ead51Zg.png
https://i.imgur.com/lTraDdC.png

In that last image i was able to place them by going on the very edge of the floors, but still unable to place things where the unspawned reflector beam is.

Some more testing with that spot on Sky City: https://i.imgur.com/IUcYsmx.jpg

I tested on other parts of this map that look similar only to find completely differing results: https://i.imgur.com/DSiKE1F.jpg https://i.imgur.com/0vclDKh.jpg
I suspect it to be due to the formation of rocks and their physics in that area, though it may not be as rocks in other areas do not have the same result (and the reflection beams are able to be placed)

@censingosprey21 quote:

I found another bug. I am not sure if this is frame perfect, but if a wave starts as you change your characer you will die. If it is on hardcore you will not be there for the entire wave. I have not tested this outside of hardcore. An example would be today, I was making a last second switch from EV to Jester on Winter Wonderland to try to get to an "upgrader". Instead I found myself dead for the entire round, leading to a MASSIVE amount of time where no upgrades could be done by me. If this happens on more "life" restricting maps however such as polybius or crystalline dimension... it would be rather frustrating. A patch as fast as possible would be fantastic for this nightmare of a bug.
Note: I have only tested this on Nightmare (Hardcore) in Campaign maps. I have not tested this in Lost Quests, Eternia Shards Maps, and Challenges.

Thank you for your work in writing these. This is another I have experience with, and have endured it while NOT changing characters, and just remaining inside forge when the wave begins. Through self experience, and in hosting games observing others. (S/O to all my friends dying in one tick when I ctrl+G). Death can occur.

@Garzhod quote:

@censingosprey21 quote:

Thank you for your work in writing these. This is another I have experience with, and have endured it while NOT changing characters, and just remaining inside forge when the wave begins. Through self experience, and in hosting games observing others. (S/O to all my friends dying in one tick when I ctrl+G). Death can occur.

I personally have never had this happen without changing character. Does this only happen sometimes while in forge? Or is it consistent with a certain hero with certain equips/skins and etc etc?

Sometimes when kicking a character they will not die before being removed from the game. This happens occasionally even with good connections. The "adandoning defense" message still shows up, but not the death message (nor will they die). I am unable to replicate it, but have seen it a multitude of times. I have no idea what may cause this glitch either.
Also when this glitch occurs, it tends to happen for the rest of the game. This means whenever the host kicks another person it will happen again, even if they start a new map or exit the current one.

Sometimes when you place a beam they do not come into full view, and half of it can be invisible (including the actual beam part of it)OcZ5sFi.png

On this run (Winter Wonderland Nightmare Hardcore) I also encountered a few other bugs. They are as follows:
- Invisible Enemies (including on the map)
- Invisible Bosses (including on the map)
- Invisible Boss Counter
- Invisible Inferno Trap (including on the map)
- Invisible mana
- Proton Charge Beam failing to continue despite no interrupting attacks such as spider webbing

Other players seemed to not be affected by this. After this run I also verified my game files. This however only removed my 4 player emulator that Plane suggested to me

Previously however, I did Embermount Nightmare (Hardcore) and encountered the following bugs:
- Duplicate Boss (One was stuck in a T-Pose fashion and had no physics or health)
- Invisible Boss Health
- Broken Boss Hitbox (When my proton overcharge beam was clearly hitting it it was not being hurt)
- Broken Attack Hitbox (Sometimes they would clearly hit me and I would take no damage)
- Broken Boss Pathing (It would fly into the bridge and get stuck a few times, though only for a couple seconds)
- Proton Charge not "filling up" (I would collect mana and the proton charge would not show it. Also when I tried to use the proton charge it would not allow me to despite having clearly enough mana with over 2000)
- Spiders not moving at the end of a round while all players are dead (They should try to attack towers)

Oh also i forgot to mention in the previous post, but there is a bug (Tested in the same session as the one directly above this) where enemies can become miniature.4meL82K.jpg

This Djinn was pretty close to me, being about 5-12 units away from me (if that). This bug matters a lot less, but is still an issue. I also saw no other instances of this bug, so it seems to be pretty uncommon. I also think it may be due to the spawn/death animation of the Djinn, and it may have gotten stuck in that size due to an interruption of some sort during that animation.
Also i apologize for the previous instances of there being links that don't either a) clickable hyperlinks or b) easily view-able images as I did not really look into how the forums work and assumed it could not be done. Hopefully from now on I'll remember to do one of those 2 things each time I have an image link to post :3

@censingosprey21 quote:

It appears that sometimes when beating maps it will say you are #1 on the leaderboard when you are.... not.

That's a known bug, but the cdt can't really bugfix it because messing with the leaderboards requires to be able to change steam stuff, since it's based on that. Since only trendy can edit steam, it's probably staying there

That's from what I know, but if no one messages correcting me, you can assume it's right

@Thaleskpl quote:
@censingosprey21 quote:

It appears that sometimes when beating maps it will say you are #1 on the leaderboard when you are.... not.

That's a known bug, but the cdt can't really bugfix it because messing with the leaderboards requires to be able to change steam stuff, since it's based on that. Since only trendy can edit steam, it's probably staying there

That's from what I know, but if no one messages correcting me, you can assume it's right

It seems to be more so an issue of them not having the right #1 collected than something like that though. Not sure of course though

Sometimes the amount of items of a certain type will be miscounted. In this case you can clearly see the amount of Ultimate+, Ultimate(93), Supreme, Mythical, and lower quality items are miscounted

rEg7UpZ.jpg

Sometimes your mana values will just dissapear. Literally. There mana values for hotkeys are just gone without explanation. The glitch ended by killing everyone (Despite having gear that would make it so we have no chance of death...)JKz7x5G.jpg

To add on to knowledge of a glitch above, It is performed by becoming a summoner (I have only tested this with my DPS Summoner which has 2 mega chickens of nearly equal damage) and then switching before entering a match to another character. I reproduced the glitch here:mwSVEuQ.png

I can add some problems:

1. The MU dont get displayed on all maps. On Oasis Monster Fest for example not.
  2. When you start poly and you go throught the first door to teleport into the temple you might not get teleported. (New players or ones that dont pay attention will fall out of map and die)
  3. Moonbase minigame is very buggy
  4. They didn't remove the door trigger that starts the poly final bossfight on ToW. So you can do that on ToW. This is not too overpowered since you still have to fight the bosses, but you still get the Tow survival wave 25, 30 and 35 rewards and tons of XP "for free".
  5. Djinns seem to desummon defenses even when these are not upped. (Did you change their behaviour?)
  6. When you search for games and filter for pure strategy games only it works just fine, but if you search for non-pure games it still shows up just pure games.
  7. SkyCity boss: you can stand on the bow of the ship and dont have to leave it then when the core gets invulvnerable.

@mehDD1 quote:3. Moonbase minigame is very buggy

This is due to tile hitboxes and has been known since the Moonbase update.

@mehDD1 quote:5. Djinns seem to desummon defenses even when these are not upped. (Did you change their behaviour?)

Djinn have always been able to do this.

@mehDD1 quote:7. SkyCity boss: you can stand on the bow of the ship and dont have to leave it then when the core gets invulvnerable.

This is not a bug.

When I try to launch the game from Steam, I get the error message "file MSVCP100.dll not found".  I have tried re-installing the game, have verified the files, and tried running it as administrator.  I still cannot get it to run.  Any help would be apricated.  Thanks.