Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT UPDATE 4 Bug Report Thread

We will try to keep a tally of the bugs here that players find.  Please post below if you find a bug and we will try to get it addressed as soon as we can.

Bugs Reported:

• rewards not given on CD Resurgence Part 1 (likely part 2 and 3 as well)
  • dice pet size can get too big
  • new pets cost too much mana to upgrade
  • Crystalline Resurgence Part 1 and 2 dont have boss shown in cut scene
  • CR cut scenes arent skippable
  • Arcane library - doors dont open for non host

Moving items with summoner on tavern does some weird things with elder staffs and sceptres at least, after you move them they appear invisible to the host. (On rare occasion they are kinda visible. kinda. I have video about this and eh yea.) Apparently other people could still see them, but not me who was hosting. Also managed to move one item to... idk where, can't find it, maybe it's on the roof who knows :)

This is not a new bug but can you make it so i cant build stuff on the roof of temple of water and temple of polybius because sometimes when i am trying to summon minions when i zoom out to far the minions get spawned on the roof and it is kind of annoying :)

Thanks everyone for all the testing so far.  We're doing our best to fix all the problems people have reported so far :)

Known problems that are fixed for the next build:

・ Players other than host can't pick up items outside tavern
 ・ Santa Spectacles need a description
 ・ Owls make chicken sounds
 ・ Doors on Arcane Library (and Dread Dungeon) don't open/close properly
 ・ Orange dot color for ult+ is inconsistent
 ・ Animus pet is missing on Palantir survival wave 30
 ・ New pets cost too much mana to upgrade
 ・ Crystalline Resurgence survivals should be 35 waves instead of 30
 ・ Too many anti-heroes spawn on Crystalline Resurgence
 ・ Crystalline Resurgence survival does not scale properly past wave 18
 ・ Survival pets from Crystalline Resurgence disappear (like the Fenix did until 8.2.1).
 ・ Dice are now reasonably sized (don't worry, they can still get fairly big)
 ・ Djinn can escape through the roof of Arcane Library
 ・ Crystalline Dimension shows up as "???" in stats if you aren't hosting

In addition, the boss on CR part 1 has been nerfed somewhat, and the network settings have been tweaked to hopefully make the map less laggy.  We're still working on some of the other problems, like Crystalline Resurgence not giving the intended campaign rewards.
@jyutta quote:

Moving items with summoner on tavern does some weird things with elder staffs and sceptres at least, after you move them they appear invisible to the host. (On rare occasion they are kinda visible. kinda. I have video about this and eh yea.) Apparently other people could still see them, but not me who was hosting. Also managed to move one item to... idk where, can't find it, maybe it's on the roof who knows :)

There were three items that didn't work quite right with the movement, all because of interactions with pre-existing bugs.  Two were Ember Sceptre and Elder Staff because their visual scale was done incorrectly, so they would appear to get larger and larger very rapidly and the item would seem to "disappear", as it became too large to display.  The third is monkey, which dropped too low into the ground.  All three items are fixed.

Additional trigger volumes will be added to rescue any items outside the tavern and place them back at your forge.  This is needed even without the movement because some players may have items dropped outside their tavern from 8.3 which they'd no longer be able to reach.

An updated build went out on Wednesday.  In addition to the fixes above, there are some more changes:

・ Crystalline Resurgence now gives weapon rewards.
 ・ Djinn now only flash when casting a spell (tower unsummoning or golding).
 ・ The shots per second scaling on pets is fixed, except for dice which should roll to 6 SPS instead of 7 SPS.
 ・ Crystal Core pet now shows the correct text on the top 3 stats.
 ・ New pets should fly at the proper height and be properly sized.
 ・ Spider Queen pet now attacks more slowly, but hits a bit harder.
 ・ Tinkerer's Lab Pure Strategy is now fixed.  It has mini-ogres instead of normal size ogres that get stuck.
 ・ Companion Cube will no longer fly too high to attack once it's upgraded.
 ・ Baby djinns on the CR2 boss fight are now specially colored and always drawn on top of the minimap.
 ・ The warrior minion proposal is fully enabled and available for testing.

Problems that should be fixed in the next beta build (next week?):

・ Djinn flashing may continue after tower unsummoning is finished until the djinn finds another target.
 ・ The weapon rewards from Crystalline Resurgence are unfinished and don't have the proper damage.
 ・ Extra code has been added to make sure items are not lost outside the tavern.
 ・ Crystalline Resurgence survival max starting wave should be 32, not 33.
 ・ Mini spider queen pet projectiles don't show up right unless you're hosting.
 ・ Bosses do not appear in the CR1 and CR2 pre-boss cinematics.
 ・ Sometimes the player can spawn outside the map and fall into the void on CR3.
 ・ Players can't join CR maps hosted by other players unless they've visited their own tavern with the prerequisite maps cleared to unlock them.

Thanks for all the testing, everyone :)  I'm hoping we can get a final-ish build out soon for community approval, but for now we still have some things to fix.  If you find any more bugs, please post them here!

Bugs I have found so far:

• Arcane Library has one of the enemy billboards offset too much: https://youtu.be/CQJv20GS1bk
  • The warrior minion takes no damage when it attacks.
  • You can not move your camera using WASD when in summoner overlord mode in the tavern while moving an item but you can use minimap-clicking to move the camera.

Things I would like to see added:

• Minion and defense units in the right top corner has different text color (or distinguished elselike).

@Manicka quote:

Things I would like to see added:

• Minion and defense units in the right top corner has different text color (or distinguished elselike).

I'd say the names it's enough to distinguish the difference, and once you know that the top one is du and the bottom is mu you shouldn't get confused 

It's been ages since I don't play the game. But I'm glad to be back.

I've found minor bugs here and there:

• At this very moment I'm unable to join a friend's game (nor he joining mine as a matter of fact) through steam invite.
  • I've ran into a VC Redist problem in the steam installation that won't let me play... Read about it and apparently is a Windows 10 only related issue. Had to use a [.reg] file to fix the problem and now I'm able to launch the game with no worries. But that can be adressed.
  • Tried the linux version and found two bugs there that crippled my intentions of playing on the system:
  1. Mouse sensitivity while in 3rd person view drops like crazy and I'm unable to play. To look to the right side I had to move my mouse through my entire desk. And the mouse sensitivity option in the menu doesn't seems to work. Tried editing baseinput.ini but no luck.
  2. Crystals won't follow player (or be attracted to you) like it's normal to happen.

Hope that my feedback helps. I'm back for good and I'll try to develop my Dungeon Defenders player team again.

@jgganeto quote:
  1. Mouse sensitivity while in 3rd person view drops like crazy and I'm unable to play. To look to the right side I had to move my mouse through my entire desk. And the mouse sensitivity option in the menu doesn't seems to work. Tried editing baseinput.ini but no luck.

If you hold Ctrl while in 3rd person that will move your camera left and right without moving your mouse to the edge of the screen

@jgganeto quote:
  • Tried the linux version and found two bugs there that crippled my intentions of playing on the system

Pretty sure linux shouldn't be updated to the last beta, or that would be addressed on the main post for the beta

The imp pet isn't repairing defenses. I'll put him near multiple towers that are damaged and stood there for 20 seconds while he idled around.

Nothing has changed with the imp pet.  It works fine in 8.4, but it still requires mana and only works in combat phase, just like it always did.  Also, it won't heal a tower just because it's damaged.  It has to be below 80% health first.

I've AFKed a number of survivals with it in 8.4 already, and if it didn't work my auras would have gone down.

@Thaleskpl quote:Pretty sure linux shouldn't be updated to the last beta, or that would be addressed on the main post for the beta

Yeah, their post didn't seem to be related to the beta.

@Plane quote:

Nothing has changed with the imp pet.  It works fine in 8.4, but it still requires mana and only works in combat phase, just like it always did.  Also, it won't heal a tower just because it's damaged.  It has to be below 80% health first.

I've AFKed a number of survivals with it in 8.4 already, and if it didn't work my auras would have gone down.

I feel like a dunce. It's been so long since I've played. The towers were damaged but I guess it was just barely above 80%. Thanks for the clarification.

I found a weird bug, me and a friend played on splitscreen, me player 1 on keyboard, friend player 2 on controller.

Player 2 was playing jester whilst player 1 was playing summoner. Player 2 tried to move traps with jester abilities but could not move them around, however player 1's mouse can move stuff. It basically makes it impossible for my friend to use that ability. please fix! :) thanks

I don't think that's related to the beta either, but rather is a longstanding problem with overlord abilities on controllers.  The Summoner's overlord ability is disabled on non-primary characters for that reason.  It would be good to fix, but that would probably have to be in a future update.

Thanks for the replies. I've switched to windows (dual boot) and I've played fine for a week.

Today I've logged in to notice I can't join any game from the custom ranked games list. I can create though, but I've wanted to be able to join someone else's tavern too... The only change I made this past week was switching a steam skin (but I did that before and never had any problem).

Tried verifying game integrity > nothing

Tried uninstalling it and re-installing it... still, nothing.

btw it happens on quick play and custom matches... open or ranked... I try to enter a tavern invite or get an invite and it gives me timeout error.

Can anyone help me out??

I noticed that summoning minons in summoner overlord mode is broken.  I have 3 minions hotkeyed and when I hit a hotkey, no minion appears and yet it seemingly allows me to place it.  It uses up the appropriate amount of mana and minion units, but no minion is visible.  It also won't allow me to remove the minon as it doesn't show up in the removal screen, so there's no way to regain mana or MU.  I used the feature the day before so I'm sure it's a bug that happened with the update.

It'd be great if it could be fixed with the next update.  Thanks so much!!!

@penzance72 quote:

I noticed that summoning minons in summoner overlord mode is broken.  I have 3 minions hotkeyed and when I hit a hotkey, no minion appears and yet it seemingly allows me to place it.  It uses up the appropriate amount of mana and minion units, but no minion is visible.  It also won't allow me to remove the minon as it doesn't show up in the removal screen, so there's no way to regain mana or MU.  I used the feature the day before so I'm sure it's a bug that happened with the update.

It'd be great if it could be fixed with the next update.  Thanks so much!!!

Which map?  It sounds like you unintentionally built the minion on a different layer than you were expecting (like on the roof of ToW, for example).

It was Glitterhelm Caverns.  I just tried it again.  I encounter the issue in the top wing (across the long bridge).  It seems to be working fine in the other 2 wings and in the central area, but the issue persists in that north wing.  I just tried it in Endless Spires with no problems either. 

Yeah, you're most likely placing them on the next floor up.  Try using the scroll wheel to zoom in until you're placing them in the right spot.

Iv had some difficulty purchasing items from shops and been told the same for my own shop.

Also, stuck mobs on lots of maps. I unfortunately haven't had time to document them, but will do my best to grab lots of screenies when possible.

There's a fix in for the shop thing, so that should be fine soon.  Basically it's a problem with new items farmed on 8.4 (not related to the price limit increase).  As for stuck mobs, that's not a new thing.  Most maps have problems with stuck mobs, and although in some cases it should be improved this patch, for the most part it is the same as before.