Sign in to follow this  
ArchaicLotus

Upcoming Update

This update has great changes coming. Trendy, toss in a re-work of the Ancient Power system and DD2 will become like a group of honey-bees swarming around their hive. Somehow package it with this update. Next add maps for variety; map-packs of DD1? Suggestions.

If loot gets better it needs to get protected from the reset, queue the Sky City vault.

The passives aka magical powers will be nice to have and the code is already mostly there.

Add the code back in for extra loot for more players and all the money and xp bonuses for synergies (yes many moons ago in this game you got money and xp for synergy kills) no slapping down just hornets they don't give you synergy.

Minimum ascension on reset should be 100, not sure how much they can change the reset without alienating the people who have been through the pain already, but then again they must have a huge masochistic tendency to do it.

maps from DD1 is simple, Aquanos and Sky city with the sharken, djinn and spiders and the goblin battlecruiser boss fight.

Give us all the incursions on all chaos tiers and delete the stupid wayfarer.

I'm skeptical on these changes and how they are actually implemented in game.

I want to see what's being done about Ancient Power and if they are changing Onslaught to be less tedious.

It would also be nice to see a new hero or enemy. To shake things up.

New enemies are onslaught, while I have nothign against it, you have pretty much all the variety you need in there.

For the rest I am skeptical as well but also having item diversity will be good I think.

But I am sure it will be super hard to have balance.

@Fozzie quote:

If loot gets better it needs to get protected from the reset, queue the Sky City vault.

The passives aka magical powers will be nice to have and the code is already mostly there.

Add the code back in for extra loot for more players and all the money and xp bonuses for synergies (yes many moons ago in this game you got money and xp for synergy kills) no slapping down just hornets they don't give you synergy.

Minimum ascension on reset should be 100, not sure how much they can change the reset without alienating the people who have been through the pain already, but then again they must have a huge masochistic tendency to do it.

maps from DD1 is simple, Aquanos and Sky city with the sharken, djinn and spiders and the goblin battlecruiser boss fight.

Give us all the incursions on all chaos tiers and delete the stupid wayfarer.

I still think reseting should be changed regardless of alienating. I'm only seeing at the time of myself hitting AP 60-75 or so is in the next two or more years - without new content that is!......which is pretty bad

Agreed on the Incursion on all Chaos (or better yet, Nightmare) I really wanna play stuff like Spectral Assault or The Demon's Lair on high difficulty and WITHOUT disturbance of them Chaos enemies.

Some incursions really need to be revamped. Wyvern Enthusiast, Forest Poachers, Chrome Enemies doesn't give enough kick compared to Spectral Assault or Kobold Bling King. And they don't really fit the mini-game feel either in my opinion.

However....... (Probably gonna say it as long as it takes) I really like the Wayfarer he looks decent. But, yeah really wish he could do something better other than sell weapons which takes away the hunting aspect.

I really hope for an end game reason. A reason to do anything - level up, collect, keep playing. Onslaught and AP are a VR hamster wheel - it never goes anywhere but back to where you were. I either need a better wheel to run in, or i need a road instead - a road that leads to somewhere. I have never looked at AP or Onslaught as an end-gamemode because it has no end or purpose, but to play it longer. What i really want and hope for is some reason to get all that power and spend all that time grinding. Better things to collect? That will do it...for a while. I just think we need some super end-goal. A final stage, or some super boss mode. Something that you need 999 ascension points to beat (or even just access). A platinum trophy would be nice; something to at least chase. Then, all that power and time seem worth it. Without that, this really becomes a "pimp my hamster wheel" contest instead. 

Right now the wheel feels stale to me, and the new loot we have been told about does add content that i want to see and chase. That will add a lot of playability for me. The longevity of such a roll-out will depend greatly on its implementation, but if done anywhere near like DD1 did, that may be enough for a lot more gaming. Certainly will keep me happy enough to stay long enough to see the next big DD2 evolution. However, unless it is tied to it somehow, new loot will not necessarily get me to play Onslaught or reset with AP yet. Those still need some kind of reason for me, or greater payout. Items not resetting could be one of those reasons... 

IMO, TE will not change Onslaught, but will instead try to give your better reasons to play it as is, because that is way cheaper and easier to pull off. I think they will adjust AP though, as that should not require near as much coding effort to manipulate, and its current form is just so undesirable to way too much of their player base.  I think they will add a gamemode that is meant as a "between" mode from Trials to Onslaught, to fill that intermediate player gap that Onslaught created. Something similar to Nightmare mode with freeplay makes the most sense. That coupled with a new hero, some new stages, and the gear system overhaul will keep us busy while they figure out what to do about the actual end-game mode...which will likely be the update after this one. 

anyways...just my thoughts...Sharkman_insane.png

The issue is these new items are shiny objects. Unless there are changes to the actual way you play the game they will be a flash in the pan. Yea they attract people that want to collect them them, but they will be doing the same old stuff they did just for the sake of collecting. 

I'm pretty sure this is more or less a carrot that is designed to make people want to purchase bank slots. Which would be fine if the game was fun to play while collecting. 

The big thing would be that these shiny new objects were protected from the AP reset.

AP resets are here to stay I would suspect but the Sky City bank's whole raison d'etre is to sell space and people need to put stuff in it only if they want to keep it, and protecting it from reset is the only methodology I can see.

So they need a farming mentality, so these items need to be progressively better, so linking them to >C7, which is currently only Onslaught high floors is likely.

If they couple the requirement to hit higher floors with the ability to save between maps on the high floors then they may just hit a good formula for lasting interest.

Only if they bring more maps into the Chaos rotation and address the cyborc issue as they seem to suggest they have addressed the Geode one, maybe an anti stun passive

Say "Reduce stun duration by 0.5s-2s" ranges

That being said maybe also a cloaking shard to make towers invisible to kamikaze bombers?

I want to take this time to thank Lawlta and trendy.

To Lawlta because he's endured with fans of the game being upset and understandbly so. Also to Trendy because of the changes that have been announced.

Also want to say thank you to the people on here who have been nice to me. I enjoy posting on here because of that.

As for the update, as the time gets closer, i might even get giddy O.O

Also there will be other updates through out the year, so there is many possibilities.

My animal analogy would be: a pack of wolves getting ready for the big feast.