Sign in to follow this  
ElShaddollPuddingcess

Controller emulator just died after Win10 update.

Hello everyone, 

I used the same emulator since I started the game ~3-4 years ago and I never had an issue that replacing the file couldn't fix. Up until yesterday. After closing the game(I was using the Emu just fine), Windows 10 update popped up and I pressed install. There were no errors during the update process btw. 

Once my PC rebooted, I started the game again and I noticed that the Emu won't work. I replaced the file, triple checked my game settings but nothing. I tried redownloading the emu file but still nothing. I then tried to use the TF emu and that worked. Thing is that it's too complicated for me and I don't really know how to change the controls to match the SF emu I was using up until now.

If anyone can link me to a TF version with the same configuration as the SF emu that would be much appreciated. Or a troubleshooting for the SF emu would be fine too.  

Rolling back to the previous update is not an option as well as formatting my PC.

Thanks in advance. :) 

TF Emu controls can be changed via the "x360kb.ini" file. It is fairly easy.
The only problem is that TF Emu is not as "keyboard & mouse" friendly as the SF Emu as you need a whole lot of controls to be mapped on the keyboard and remembering them all is a task. While you can attain playable config on it, it still lacks the total control which the SF Emu gives.
Plane's TF Emu config is pretty good. She has a visual image of the key mappings as well so it can come in handy.

I'm on Win 7 so I can't help much with technical troubleshooting.

→ Commenting to say that I'm having the exact same problem unfortunately =( -- I don't play DD too much anymore, so I didn't notice immediately that a Win10 update might have ruined the Xbox controller emulator (I used to use the one that lets you switch characters with the "F-Keys"), but I just tried running some maps with my cousin today, and noticed the emulator wouldn't work no matter what I tried.

→ If anyone knows of a workaround solution to get the emulator working again, it'd be awesome if you could share your solution with us =)

@g_cracka88 quote:
 → Commenting to say that I'm having the exact same problem unfortunately =( -- I don't play DD too much anymore, so I didn't notice immediately that a Win10 update might have ruined the Xbox controller emulator (I used to use the one that lets you switch characters with the "F-Keys"), but I just tried running some maps with my cousin today, and noticed the emulator wouldn't work no matter what I tried.

→ If anyone knows of a workaround solution to get the emulator working again, it'd be awesome if you could share your solution with us =)

I didn't find a solution to the SF emu but it appears that the TF emu from Mambo's guide is working.

@Seulessliathan22 quote:

Can anyone link to a emulator guide which is still working now? Thank you

Here you go -- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1304225069
Read the full guide on an in-depth understanding of Emulators.
But do note as OP as mentioned, one EMU doesn't seem to work on latest Windows 10 machines, i.e. SF-Emu, so skip that if you want. Rest, download links etc. are in the guide.

Or you can visit here -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/142547/?scrollTo=1261603&page=1

Read the full guide on an in-depth understanding of Emulators. But do note as OP as mentioned, one EMU doesn't seem to work on latest Windows 10 machines, i.e. SF-Emu, so skip that if you want. Rest, download links etc. are in the guide.

→ Thank you both for the links to check out! I always preferred the TF-Emu (being able to switch with the F-Keys and look around with the mouse), but it sounds like I'll just have to get used to the other emulator in the meantime.

→ I will certainly make sure to bookmark your write-up page [[70526,users]] Mamba! (assuming you're the same user as Black Mambo No. 5 =P )