Sign in to follow this  
{VIP}VicFirth

INSANE FRAME DROP!! Please help.

I have been playing the game now for about 2 days, and after about 30 minutes of game time I am FORCED to restart the game due to the amount of frame drop. I have tried lowering GFX Settings, and running in windowed, fullscreen. Nothing makes a difference. When i first launch the game i tend to get around 120 FPS in a mission. Halfway through the mission i notice my frames steadily dropping down to the low teens.. This is making the game completely Unplayable. PLEASE HELP ME! I have done everything i can think of. I have also tried Verifying File Integrity through Steam as well.

Computer Specs:

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 six- Core 3.50GHz

GFX Card: Zotac GTX1060AMP!

RAM: 32GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence Pro

I average about 150+ Frames in Practically any other game.. There is no reason for this Frame Drop to be occurring. 

PLEASE HELP! I LOVE THIS GAME BUT IF I CANNOT MAINTAIN FRAMES I WILL BE FORCED TO STOP PLAYING DUE TO THE LACK OF PLAYABILITY!! 

UPDATE FOR THIS ISSUE. 

While my game was freaking out i ran a Speed Test for internet connectivity, my normal speeds are 200MB down 10MB up. When the game was running with FPS Problems after about 30 minutes of game play my Internet Speeds had plummeted to a 0.30 MB Down and 0.10MB up.. Any ideas on what is happening? 

Tbh, frame drops are normal for this game, so don't expect it to perform as optimal as other games. As far as dropping into the teens, that's abnormal. However, that is not something that should be connection-related. You may have two problems on your hands, just one is more apparent.

With regard to the plummeting speeds, it's hard to say what could be causing that given what little info you provided. Are you on a wired connection or Wi-Fi? Are you experiencing this only when the game is running or is it happening all the time? Do you have anything going on in the background (streaming, torrenting, etc.)? Is there anyone else on your network using up the bandwidth?

As for the low fps, have you tested any other game for low fps since this has been happening? How are your CPU and GPU temps during these fps drops? When was the last time you updated your video driver?

@Sn/+/per quote:

Tbh, frame drops are normal for this game, so don't expect it to perform as optimal as other games. As far as dropping into the teens, that's abnormal. However, that is not something that should be connection-related. You may have two problems on your hands, just one is more apparent.

With regard to the plummeting speeds, it's hard to say what could be causing that given what little info you provided. Are you on a wired connection or Wi-Fi? Are you experiencing this only when the game is running or is it happening all the time? Do you have anything going on in the background (streaming, torrenting, etc.)? Is there anyone else on your network using up the bandwidth?

As for the low fps, have you tested any other game for low fps since this has been happening? How are your CPU and GPU temps during these fps drops? When was the last time you updated your video driver?

My speeds are fine until i get into the game, GPU CPU Temps are fine as well. Nothing seems to be taxing my resources, Video Driver is up to date, I have had no issues with any other game. Only with DD2. Only other thing using Bandwidth on my network is my room mate who is playing the game as well. I run nothing else in the background when playing. As soon as i get out of the game while the crazy frame rate drop my speeds go back up to normal and everything seems fine. I restart the game and no problems until 30 mins go by