Sign in to follow this  
Beliarance

Matchmaking failure

Greetings, Defenders!

Most of the time i'm trying to go to tavern from finished map (pushing "to tavern" button) it's says "too many matchmaking requests" and then "matchmaking failure"(and error says to push "A", like on controller but i don't use one). After that i can just wait about 60 seconds, until i go to next map, even though i pushed "to tavern" button.

Is this thing common or i'm that lucky? Any ideas how can i solve this problem?

Since the update recently things should have gotten much better for connectivity. You have launch logs in your installation directory for DD2. It may give you some more information. Do you have any VPN software that starts at startup on your PC (if you are on PC that is) 

@Beliarance quote:

Greetings, Defenders!

Most of the time i'm trying to go to tavern from finished map (pushing "to tavern" button) it's says "too many matchmaking requests" and then "matchmaking failure"(and error says to push "A", like on controller but i don't use one). After that i can just wait about 60 seconds, until i go to next map, even though i pushed "to tavern" button.

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue! Where are you located in the world and what set of servers(US East, US West, EU) are you playing on?

I haven't found any logs. And i dont use any VPN.

@Fozzie quote:

Since the update recently things should have gotten much better for connectivity. You have launch logs in your installation directory for DD2. It may give you some more information. Do you have any VPN software that starts at startup on your PC (if you are on PC that is) 

I'm from Russia. When i'm trying to play on EU i can't even go to tavern/town(it say smth about closed ports, but i checked, that DD2 has access to all ports.

When I switch region to default, i can play. even though i have such problems.

@Ice quote:

@Beliarance quote:

Greetings, Defenders!

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue! Where are you located in the world and what set of servers(US East, US West, EU) are you playing on?

Sorry to give you the news that the issue is likely unfixable. Reason being is that our entire game and service runs on Amazon's Servers which right now Russia has been mass blocking Amazon Web Services IP addresses: News Article and News Article2. We've seen other Russian players running into the same issue since the blocks have gone up and there's no way around it. This is due to some of the Amazon services we use have no static IP addresses and several of our game servers utilize IP addresses that are slightly more static are within the blocked ranges as well. Until the blocks go away you'll likely run into the issues you're seeing. :(

@Beliarance quote:

I'm from Russia. When i'm trying to play on EU i can't even go to tavern/town(it say smth about closed ports, but i checked, that DD2 has access to all ports.

When I switch region to default, i can play. even though i have such problems.